Universal Uproar Results Thread

Danny Styles

I didn't see another thread of this so i though i would post one....

was anyone else at the show??? I was and it was f'kin awsome from start to finish...

i got autogrpahs and pictures with most wrestlers.. DLo Brown, Joe E Legend, Colt Cabana and Nigel McGuiness were all really nice guys as well... Colt really is going to be a huge star...

winners in bold

PRO WRESTLING NOAH TAG TEAM MAIN EVENT

Kenta Kobashi & Go Shiozaki vs. Jun Akiyama & Doug Williams

tremendous match.. if Kobashis chops look bad on TV... they are 100 times worse in real life... the match was awsome with Doug winning with the rolling German 8/10

HARDCORE RULES 8 MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

Mick Foley, The Sandman, Steve Corino & Paul Travell

vs.

Alex Shane, Stixx, Martin Stone & Iceman

cool match.. ironically the ref took the biggest bump of the night.... alex sahne knocked him of the barrier and he fell into the crowd.. still can't work out if it was real or not... Alex Shane eliminated foley which suprised me but Corino (who i also met) won the match.. 7.5/10

NEXT GENERATION WORLD OF SPORT MATCH

Colt Cabana vs. Nigel McGuiness

Great match.... Both guys are the futuer of the buiness... Colt was funny but could wrestle and so was Nigel... great match and everybody was in stitches when colt got an official warning.. his reaction was priceless.... 8/10

RING OF HONOR GUEST MATCH

Low Ki vs. Homicide

Great match...i will try and watch more of ROH now.. the match was amazing.. i knew Low Ki could go but i was suprised at Homicide.. great wrestling match... fantastic finish...8/10

Sonjay Dutt vs. Shannon Moore

Nice X division styled match.. sonjay got a little promo which killed his india gimmcik because he had an american accent :P.... Shannon also got a little promo time.. good match.. nice to see what shannon could actually do.... and he won! 7.5/10

CELEBRITY WRESTLING CHALLENGE MATCH

D Lo Brown vs. Joe Legend

nice match.. especially seeing as i got to speak with both of the guys like 15 minutes after the match had ended.... both guys stayed down on the floor in the rink section signing autographs and watching the other matches... goood match tohugh 7/10

TEAM STORM VS. TEAM FLEISCH 6 MAN CHALLENGE

Jonny Storm, Amazing Red & Spud

vs.

Jody Fleisch, James Tighe & Aviv Mayaan

great spotfest opener... all 6 guys did well.. Tighe was a replacement for X Dream but the match was still good... 7/10

overall the show was 10/10 for me because i got to meet the stars and see some great wrestling.. WWE shows can't evenm touch this man...get the DVD if you can.. it was a stellar event

Couldn't make the show myself, but looked like a good un.

How many fans in attendance?

not sure... were alot of spare seats.. i think people bought tickets to see AJ, Matt Hardy and co.. but when they were pulled din't bother to turn up or soemthing....

the floor was full but the tiered seating (where i was) had a few spare seats

It wasn't as full as last March but there must have been around 3,000 there at a guess. The only area that looked "underpopulated" was the tiering right at the back of the hall.

I wasn't quite as enthusiastic about some of the fights as others have been (Sonjat Dutt vs Shannon Moore and D Lo Brown vs Joe Legend) but a good night of wrestling. Mick Foley did loads more than I thought he would and sat in my seat during the brawl in the stands - fortunately for me I wasn't in it at the time!

I think the referee fall was planned but the fact that some members of the audience were underneath wasn't - one young lad looked quite badly hurt. This is my opinion - I don't have any insider knowledge or owt - but the angle of his leg looked decidedly dodgy.

It wasn't as full as last March but there must have been around 3,000 there at a guess. The only area that looked "underpopulated" was the tiering right at the back of the hall.

I wasn't quite as enthusiastic about some of the fights as others have been (Sonjat Dutt vs Shannon Moore and D Lo Brown vs Joe Legend) but a good night of wrestling. Mick Foley did loads more than I thought he would and sat in my seat during the brawl in the stands - fortunately for me I wasn't in it at the time!

I think the referee fall was planned but the fact that some members of the audience were underneath wasn't - one young lad looked quite badly hurt. This is my opinion - I don't have any insider knowledge or owt - but the angle of his leg looked decidedly dodgy.

i was at the back of the hall :P seats were great though... that's why i think the ref bump wasn't planned because the fans were catchnig him

The place was empty, we could have easily moved into expensive seats. To me it was like the FCW outing. I spotted Moralez, Jack Storm, Judge, Spindoctor, plus Adam, Ralphy and Jay Icon :)

But yeah it was alright, not great though. Hardcore match was about the best

Shannon Moore was the nicest guy ever, and Doug Williams was very nice when we got back to the hotel, Alex Shane didnt speak though the arse. Mick Foley was in the same hotel as us to, he was getting in a car as we arrived on Saturday and he got a small Foley chant from us :)

Universal Uproar

i was a bit dissapionted by certian matches (joe legend vs d'lo brown, shannon moore vs sonjay dutt and colt cabana vs Nigel McGuiness (let down by the weakish finish and too short for my liking, i'de like to have seen at least 20 mins).

But the TEAM STORM vs. TEAM FLEISCH 6-MAN CHALLENGE was a high spot thriller (red looked nervous to start with). i was in front of the ref bump and it looked planned to me because of how the ref was positioned. travells dive was also good and i was impressed by the part he played, worth more than what the sandman did.

the match of the night has to be Kenta Kobashi & Go Shiozaki vs. Jun Akiyama & Doug Williams. Kobashi will be who i remember the show for because of those chops, so brutal, one shot and Jun Akiyama's chest was bright red. Doug Williams put in a great performance and seems to be getting better and better, and Go Shiozaki looks like the future of wrestling in japan.

Overall the show wasn't as good as international showdown (due to TNA's removal of the leading stars) but some smart booking and cleverly placed spots made it and entertaining show and will hopefully lead to many more british supershows with more TNA stars like AJ Styles, Samooa Joe and Captian Carisma.

TBH I didn't ming that Joe and AJ weren't there because I have seen what they do live already. I know they are awesome, but hey, the quality was mighty high in my opinion. 8.5/10

Team Fleish and Team Storm was superb. I don't like spot fests, hate them for the most part, but this one was done so well. Spud was damn good in it, but Jody is the man, best performance of the night by any one individual.

Joe Legend and D'Lo was quite poor in my opinion. Far better than anything I could do, but was the weakest match on the card. How much saliva does D'Lo produce? Man was spitting everywhere. Think the opener took the shine off it for me. 6/10

Cobana and McGuiness were excellent. Some proper wrestling for y'all to see. Very funny and some good technical stuff.8/10

Homicide and Low Ki was brutal as heck. I love seeing guys kill eachother, as long as it is done well, and this was. 8/10

The WOS presentation was crap. One of the three guys were actually there. Was cool to see Kendo in all the gear, but seeing if Mcmanus had a grey hair would have been good.

Shannon Moore and Sonjay Dutt just plain peed me off at the start. I want to see them wrestle, and they just messed about a bit on the mic. When they wrestled the stuff was damn good. How the hell didn't Shannons hair get messed up?

The six man was awesome. It didn't have the obvious Foley pins Shane (or vica versa) to finish and was hardcore done good. Sandmans entrance was awesome as he spilt beer all over my chair and stood on my mates chair too. Ref bump was planned as Shanes b1tches who help him set things up in the vain hope he might like them caught the ref.8/10

Kenta is God, Akiyama and Doug are awesome and Shiosaki will one day be God. One of the best matches I have ever seen. Help the crowd despite minimal moves. CHOP. CHOP. CHOP. I want to see more Japanese stuff after this. Kobashi said at the Expo thing he would pull out all the stops and he did. Akiyama must be able to absord more pain that anyone else. Doug is a 100% star. Shiosaki is probably the best prospect in the world. 9.5 out of 10.

Overall the show had something for everyone. 10/10