Talk Wrestling Online Community Newsletter #125: Why is HBK a Serial Jobber?

Paul

==================================

Talk Wrestling Online Community Newsletter

Issue #125 - November 13th 2005

==================================

Hello and welcome and all the normal stuff I say at the start. It normally includes some kind of joke or pointless rambling about my life, often what I had for breakfast (Primula cheese on toast if anyone cares), but not today. Oh no. Becouse I cant be bothered to type out a long winded rant for you guys. Its not as if any more than three of you even read it. But oh well. Enjoy the Newsletter. :)

Darkstar

Newsletter Editor

--------------------------------------------------------------

Talk Wrestling Online Subscribers

A big thanks to all the Talk Wrestling Online Subscribers:

A.C., ahsatan, Alan, Anime_Otaku, BeltMark, Brett Banner, Buff, Chris2K, Christof, Dante, Darkies Gem, Darkstar, Devilish Angel, DraVen, Draven Cage, Edgehead, Evil Gringo, F_View, HSM, Inno, JayC, Jonny, K.J, MillionLiraMan, Miss.T, Moobs, MrFill, Popsi, Ravenmark, RUTuffEnuff, Spiritchaser, Saracen, sunflower, Tajiri, Taki, Telf, TGO, The Maxx, Verb, weberika and wyndorf!

To find out how you can help support Talk Wrestling Online and become a subscriber see:

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18665

Chatrooms

Think Paul London should be the next WWE Heavyweight Champion? Come to the TWO Chatrooms and tell us what made you go insane!

So come to the chatrooms, and remember, the guard animals of Kam are ALWAYS there. Mwa ha ha haaaa! :xyx

Talk Wrestling Online Member of the Week / Heel of the Week

WHO IS TWO MEMBER OF THE WEEK?

Naitch. some great posting work and you have to love his Raw and Smackdown reviews. Well done bud.

WHO IS TWO HEEL OF THE WEEK?

Every member of the TWOStars roster for not telling me how much they loved by new nickname for Brett Banner: the Thrilla from Brumilla. :D

---------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Threads of the Week

WRESTLING THREAD OF THE WEEK

A "major acquisition" to TNA this Sunday! by Dan. Nice thread by and large, some good debating.......and some not so good.

NON WRESTLING THREAD OF THE WEEK

What Defines a Sport? by that genius darkstar fella. I wish everyone could be as good as him.

Forums In Focus

- By Darkstar

In a change from my normal format I felt like I had to include some snippets from two threads. Firstly the unintentionally funny the future of wwe

who do you think that in about 1 year or 2 will become the new big stars in wwe: poor mac, as the first person to reply to your thread was

My money's on Bob Backlund or that Razor Ramon kid: Christof. And so it begins.

Lou Thesz and Bruno Sammartino for me.: thanks for that MrFill

Pat O`Conners and Buddy Rodgers: Oh dear, now Axl Rose has joined in....

I have this gut feeling that this up and comer named Terry Bollea will be wrestlings biggest star: RaNDY RKO taking a long shot.

Oh, poor mac.

and the second thread Who Would win in a race? So would it be Vader or mark Henry to finish the 100 meter sprint in under an hour?

if there was a buffet table at the end, it'd be Vader: MrFill master of comedy.............add sarcastic comment here.

They're both fat vader's got rolls on his armpits: sausage rolls for later It wasnt my WOOO.

Henry to finish 100/1

Vader to finish 500/1

Andre the Giant to rise from the dead and actually finish before them both 10/1: Wyndorfs put a tenner on Andre.

Member Spotlight

FORUM USERNAME: WWE

WHAT DOES IT MEAN? It means... World Wrestling Entertainment...;), well my old name (wwe4eva) meant I will love WWE...forever :D

FIRST THING YOU POSTED ON THE FORUM: Hmm, I don't remember... I think it was in the US Scene but I remember my second post (the welcome board)

FIRST WRESTLER YOU CHEERED FOR: Steve Austin

FIRST WRESTLER YOU BOOOOOOOOOED: I don't remember since when I first got into it I was into the faces... but maybe Vince McMahon. (he isn't a Wrestler but he must be the first lol, this was because of the Austin-McMahon fued. ;)

CURRENT FAVOURITE WRESTLER, AND WHY? I just like a lot currently... but one that's good is Chris Masters, he's a great Superstar...

CURRENT MOST HATED WRESTLER, AND WHY? I don't hate anybody.

FAVOURITE WWE BRAND: I just love both. :)

FAVOURITE INDY FED (IF ANY): Any really... when I watch TWC I just watch whatever it is and enjoy it. :)

NEXT BIG STAR: Mrrrrrr.... Kennedyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.... Kenn-eee-ddd-yyy.......... he's going to go like Cena did.

WHAT HAND DO YOU WRITE WITH: My right hand.

BEETHOVEN OR EMINEM: I hate Eminem... Beethoven.

FAVOURITE MATCH: Elimination Chamber at Survivor Series 2002.

FAVOURITE THEME MUSIC EVER: Probably Batista's current.

IF YOU COULD CHOOSE ANYONE TO BE WORLD CHAMPION, WHO WOULD IT BE: Well, if he hadn't quit this week, Christian... I really wanted him a Champ...

MONTREAL: WHO WAS RIGHT, BRET OR VINCE: Vince.

WHAT WAS THE FIRST WRESTLING SHOW YOU REMEMBER: WWF Livewire on Sky 1. I think it was when Austin ripped ruined the arena with Big Show, or the Inferno Match with Kane vs. The Undertaker on RAW and Stephanie's Teddy got burnt by The 'Taker.

BATMAN OR SPIDER-MAN? Hmm... I really don't know... I'll just vote any... Spiderman.

FAVOURITE FINISHER: Undertaker's Tombstone.

FAVOURITE CHANT: "You Suck,... You Suck,... You Suck...!"

BEST WRESTLER NEVER TO BE WORLD CHAMPION: I think RvD deserved it.

FAVOURITE DIVA / WOMEN'S WRESTLER: Lita.

WHAT'S YOUR DESKTOP WALLPAPER: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP) cover as tiled, since there's no good ones yet.

WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE TV SHOW: ...WWE..., well, you didn't say it was an exception. :D

OUTSIDE OF TWO, WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY DO?

Not much... just anything I like... including Reading, PS2 or something...

AND ANY LAST BITS OF INFORMATION YOU ARE WILLING TO SHARE WITH THE MEMBERS OF TWO? I only spam when I get mad. I never want to spam, it's just when I get wound up...

Community Poll

Garlic....Bread? Garlic Bread?

come on, have your say about this great starter here

Last weeks results:

XBox 360 or the PS3?

XBox 360 baby! = 8

PS3 by far = 13

Neither = 1

I want my abacus = 2

Eddie Guerrero

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/TWOstar/eg.jpg

1967 - 2005

As you have all heard Eddie Guerrero was found dead in his hotel room this morning. heres a short biography of Eddie. RIP Eddie.

Nickname: Eddie Guerrero

Birthday: 09/10/1967

Wrestling Debut: 1988

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 220lbs

Signature Moves: Frog Splash

Many wrestlers enter pro wrestling after a short stint as football players or when a promoter sees them lifting weights in the gym. For Eddie Guerrero, his pathway into pro wrestling was quite a bit different.

Since his birth, there was almost no question that he would become a pro wrestler. Coming from a wrestling family, Eddie's father was Gory Guerrero, a founding father of Lucha Libre (Mexican pro wrestling) and legendary wrestling trainer. Gory was a pioneer figure in Mexico, and over the course of his 30 year-plus career came to be considered, pound for pound, the best pro wrestler in Mexican history.

Gory was the patriarch of arguably the premier family in wrestling history. Eddie's older brothers Chavo, Mando and Hector gained worldwide reputations as excellent wrestlers, plying their trade in rings in Mexico and Japan, as well as several big territories across the U.S. Chavo Jr, Eddie's nephew, debuted in Mexico in 1994 before coming to WCW in 1996. Eddie wrestled collegiately at the University of New Mexico on an athletic scholarship. Wanting to turn pro, Eddie was trained by his father in a ring he had set up in his backyard in El Paso, TX. It was there that the foundation of Eddie's superior working style was first laid.

Guerrero debuted in 1987 in Mexico's EMLL promotion. He competed primarily in six man tag matches with brothers Hector and Mando for the first few years. In 1992 he won his first singles title, the WWA Welterweight title, and wrestled under a mask as Mascara Magica (Magic Mask).

Turning his back on his Mexican heritage, Guerrero donned tights with the stars and stripes, waved the American flag and recruited the likes of Konnan, Louie Spicoli (Rad Radford) and others to form Los Gringos Locos, a Mexican version of the Four Horsemen.

Los Gringos Locos set Mexico on fire in 1994 as the heel clique feuded with every top Mexican star in AAA. Guerrero and Barr won the AAA World tag team titles in Chicago during the summer, defeating El Hijo del Santo and Octagon. Santo and Octagon would garner their revenge in November at When World's Collide from Los Angeles, (AAA's only foray into pay-per-view) defeating Guerrero and Barr in a double mask vs double hair match, forcing Eddie and Barr to have their head shaved bald.

The match, a ****1/2 star effort, had put Guerrero and Barr in the spotlight, clearly establishing as the best tag team in the world at the time. They were seemingly unstoppable.

Tragedy, however, struck three weeks later as Art Barr was found dead in his bedroom in Springfield, Oregon.

With Barr out of his life, the value of the Mexican peso at an all time low and AAA complaining about the cost of his contract, Guerrero left Mexico and resurfaced in Extreme Championship Wrestling. On his first night in he defeated 2 Cold Scorpio for the TV title. A week later he had what is widely considered the best match in the history of the promotion, going to a 30-minute draw with Dean Malenko.

Eddie added the frogsplash to his vast repertoire, made famous first by Barr, paying tribute to his fallen partner.

Eddie left ECW in September of 1995 for the greener pastures of WCW. In his first year there, Guerrero feuded with Malenko, Benoit and then-US champ Konnan. In June of 1996 Guerrero, competing as Black Tiger, defeated Jushin "Thunder" Liger in the finals of the Top of the Super Juniors in Japan, becoming only the second foreigner (Chris Benoit being the first) to win the prestigious tournament.

At Starrcade '96 Guerrero won his first title in WCW, defeating Dallas Page to win the vacant U.S. Heavyweight title. Eddie would lose it three months later to Malenko but rebounded by upending Chris Jericho at SuperBrawl to capture his first of three Cruiserweight titles.

Between his matches with Malenko, Benoit, Chris Jericho, Ultimo Dragon and Psicosis, his best effort in the promotion came at Halloween Havoc '97 where he dropped the Cruiserweight title to Rey Misterio Jr in mask vs title match. The ****/3/4 match will long be remembered for its high flying spots and the amazing chemistry between the two luchadors.

After several months of feuding with nephew Chavo Jr and being lost in the shuffle, Eddie formed the Latino World Order, a shoot-like gimmick where Guerrero addressed frustrations he and the other Mexican talent had over their shameless misuse by management.

The angle was starting to get over when Eddie was involved in a terrible car crash on New Year's Eve 1998, sidelining him for several months.

After recovering Eddie jumped to WWE as part of the Radicalz, a heel clique composed entirely of Ex WCW wrestlers. After many ups and downs with WWE (including at one point being fired for his drug problems) Eddie beat his inner deamons and won the WWE title from Brock Lesnar.

Many people expected eddie to regain the title at the Smackdown taping tonight in the triple Threat match with Batista and Orton......RIP Eddie, gone but never forgotten.

Credit: taken in part from TWNPnews.com

Feel free to leave your thoughts

here.

TWOStars Update

- By Darkstar

In full results from Xtreme TV 37:

Twiggie beats Ravenmark (retromark) in a hardcore match for the *ahem* MWA title following a Twiggalludo Fusion (Emerald Fusion) through a table.

Jaxx retains the United States championship after pinning Chris Eagles with a small package.

V3 beats Arkham to retain the TV title after using a No Escape (spinning side walk slam).

Evil gringo and The Black dragon beat the Future team of Darkstar and The Incredible Holt when the newcomer (Dragon) makes Darkstar tap out to the Dragon Clutch.

Dante wins a Battle Royal to determin the number one contender for the Heavyweight Championship for Survivor Series.

Shopping Navigator

Shopping online in the UK? Check out

Shopping Navigator!

With over 100 online UK stores listed and forums with special offers and discount voucher codes, don’t shop without visiting here first!

:biggringi

This week in Wrestling History

13th November

1992 - The Rock n' Roll Express defeated the Heavenly Bodies for the Smokey Mountain Tag Team title

1993 - Sabu defeated Terry Funk for the ECW Television title

1995 - Kensuke Sasaki defeated Sting for the WCW U.S. Heavyweight title

1999 - Masato Tanaka defeated Kodo Fuyuki for the World Entertainment Wrestling Heavyweight title

14th November

1957 - Dick Hutton defeated Lou Thesz for the NWA Heavyweight Wrestling title

1963 - Killer Kowalski & Gorilla Monsoon defeated Skull Murphy & Brute Bernard for the WWWF Tag Team title

1999 - The Big Show defeated Triple-H for the WWF Heavyweight title

15th November

1983 - Tony Atlas & Rocky Johnson defeated the Samoans for the WWWF Tag Team title

1998 - Rocky Maivia defeated Mankind in a tournament final for the WWF World Heavyweight title

16th November

1984 - Crusher Blackwell defeated Harley Race for the Missouri State Heavyweight title

1992 - The Sandman defeated Don Muraco for the ECW Heavyweight title

2000 - Vince McMahon hired Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura as color man for the XFL broadcast team

17th November

1996 - Psycho Sid defeated Shawn Michaels for the WWF Heavyweight title

1998 - Duane Gill (Gillberg) defeated Christian Cage for the WWF Light Heavyweight title

2002 - Shawn Michaels defeated Triple H, Kane, Chris Jericho, Booker T, and Rob Van Dam for the WWE Raw World title

18th November

1996 - Brian Christopher defeated Macho Warrior Ric Hogan for the USWA Southern Heavyweight title

2001 - Edge unified the WWF Intercontinental and WCW US Heavyweight titles

2001 - The Dudley Boyz unified the WWF and WCW Tag Team titles

19th November

1991 - Rick Rude defeated Sting for the WCW U.S. Heavyweight title

1995 - Bret Hart defeated Diesel for the WWF Heavyweight title

Wrestling 101 Info Centre

Latest Wrestling 101 Articles:

- WWE Great American Bash 2005 DVD Review

- Jake The Snake Roberts: Pick Your Poison UMD Review

- Tombstone - The History of the Undertaker UMD Review

The Main Event

Why is Michaels a serial jobber?

One thing really puzzles me, why is it that future Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels spends most of his time in WWE jobbing?

He's one of the WWE's greatest ever stars and has certainly surprised me since his comeback after a long injury lay-off. I thought he was going to be another Hogan, just making occasional appearances on Raw and then the odd PPV match, how wrong I was! He's virtually an ever-present nowadays though there's always that fear in the back of my head that a career-destroying injury isn't far away.

The problem is though, here is a guy who could still make an excellent WWE or World Heavyweight Champion but just what is the point of Shawn Michaels in 2005?

We all know he's still incredibly popular unless your name is Bret Hart of course. The mere fact that he's twice won the vote at Taboo Tuesday speaks volumes but what happened when he got the title chance, well of course he lost.

Apart from that World Title victory at Survivor Series, Michaels has spent most of his time jobbing on PPVs. OK he beat Angle this year but lost the return. He lost to Hogan, lost at Taboo Tuesday and lost plenty of times to Triple H.

So what is it with Michaels? Is he just being used as the incredibly popular guy, even when a heel, who can put on a good show (unlike many WWE topliners) but just shouldn't be given any real momentum let alone a title belt. Perish the thought he should win a title, that's reserved for youngsters like Cena and Batista and Ric 'Yes I know I'm past it' Flair.

So what if Michaels was given another run with the title. You know what I'd love it. There's potential feuds with Cena, Edge, Triple H and of course Angle. Certainly the quality of main events would improve. But would Vince ever do that? I wish he would you know, one last run with the belt and perhaps even as a heel would be good business and definitely popular with the fans. Go on Vince be brave for once.

Final Thoughts

Anyone know why my cat smells so bad? Answers on a postcard.

Thanks for reading!

Darkstar

Newsletter Editor

Contributors

With thanks to our contributors for this issue:

===============================

Edited by Paul