Looks like Batista could be dropping title next week!!! * Smackdown Spoilers *

carlito is cool

Following the airing of WWE Friday Night SmackDown last night, a video promo was added on WWE.com announcing that Batista would defend the World Heavyweight Championship against Eddie Guerrero and Randy Orton in a Triple Threat Match next week on SmackDown.

Given the news that came out of the SmackDown tapings this past week with Batista suffering a muscle tear to his latissimus dorsi (a muscle on the upper back that connects under each arm), it appears WWE might be going with a title change with either Guerrero or Orton since Batista's injury will likely keep him out of action for up to three months or so.

credit wrestleview.com

Lookng at the SS card, Orton will probably win. Eddie is already in the team match so Orton must be the one defending the title at Survivor series. I don't want it to happen, I'd rather have Eddie as the champion as he is the more credible contender as well as being the better all-round out of the two.

I too would prefer Eddie as champ, but I think Orton could really benifit from the title on smackdown, and hopefully bring the smackdown ratings up.

If Orton does get the title, will it really be on the line at SS? I would spoil it for anyone, but i don't see Orton winning the match, but then again, I don't see his opponent winning the title.

O well, guess we'll just have to wait until smackdown to see what's gonna happen.

Yeh but I think that Randy will win the title then at Survivor Series defend it against a returning Undertaker in possibly a stipulation match

Taker being a caretaker champ until DAVE~ is ready would make sense and no stipulation would be necessary if you have Hardy run in and interfere, it would set up an Orton/Hardy feud nicely and have Dave win it back from Taker when he's recovered.

It's a pity that Batista has to lose the Championship this way. I can't wait to see a new champion crowned though. Either Randy or Eddie would be awesome. As most have already said, Eddie should win the title, but Orton would benefit more from the title. Either way, it should be a decent match.

If anyone becomes new champ, it should definetly be Eddie Guerrero. Him and Batista have been "fueding" for weeks, and who better to hold the title then Dave's best friend, Latino Heat, right? As I said in the Smackdown thread, Eddie could somehow injure Dave and slowly turn heel until Dave returns, making a match for Armageddon or No Way Out.

Yeh but I think that Randy will win the title then at Survivor Series defend it against a returning Undertaker in possibly a stipulation match

Uncle Eddie or the Legend Killer as your new World champ? Choose your poison. :help

We've seen both guys as World champs in the past. But to be honest I rather see it around Orton's waist for now. Because to be honest Eddie had a longer reign as the WWE champ than Orton did when he was the World champion.

I would have no problems with that. But we will just have to wait and see what the WWE chooses to do. Because let us not forget how long Trish Stratus was out and the WWE didnt strip her of her title. You never know. If Eddie or Randy walks out with the gold that'll be fine too. I mean Batista being on top for the last 7 months isnt too shabby IMO.:D

I really don't want them to drop the title to Orton, purely because he's bound to be fighting with Taker after the Series.

Taker isn't full time enough to be a Champ now, and he's bound to retire soon.

They really need to drop the strap to Eddie and have him have a REAL run with it, rather than dropping it straight to JBL like he did last time. :P

Because let us not forget how long Trish Stratus was out and the WWE didnt strip her of her title. You never know. If Eddie or Randy walks out with the gold that'll be fine too. I mean Batista being on top for the last 7 months isnt too shabby IMO.:D

Franchy, this is the World title not the Women's title. They couldn't let Batista wander off for 3-4 months with the WHT and not have people asking questions about why he's not defending it or why he's not being stripped. It's just too high profile.

It's a shame Dave has to drop the title like this. I think what they could do is maybe have Dave surrender the title to Teddy Long, then having an elimination 4 way at SS to declare the new champ, but that being said, the top stars are probaly gonna be in the Raw Vs Smackdown match. This is just a baaad time for him to be injured.

Or they could be totaly random and give Juvi the title ;)

not to be sick but the wrong champ got injured :devil

Very true. I like Batista, and he's always improving. His mic work's pretty damn good now and I see him as a very believable champion who as you said, is over.

If it was Cena that had been injured, Angle could quite easily pick up the reigns, having been built up as a title contender for months now. The problem with Eddie and Orton, is that whoever wins, it will be seen as a fluke. Neither one of them in my eyes, is a worthy champion right now, not to say they never were or ever will be, mind.

I wouldn't mind Edge coming to Smackdown and taking the title. He could even do it next week.

Firstly, on Smackdown next week, just before the championship match Dave is attacked backstage (it eventually turns out to be Eddie). Most of the match is Orton vs Guerrero until Batista comes out and spinebusters Orton and wins. Yet, at the end Edge comes out and uses his MITB contract and beats Dave. Edge would then face Orton and Hardy at Survivour Series for the World title!

you've got to think though.. Eddie may pick up the belt.. Taker may return and cost orton the title in the match.. then Eddie will win the title cheating.. beat up batista so bad that Eddie 'injures Batista's back'... it has been building for a while.. then batista will be off for a while... eddie can bad mouth batista then batista comes back.. maybe wins the rumble or gets a title shot at WM22....

one problem though... who would eddie feud with in the mean time??? he presumably would be a heel.. and the only main event face would be taker who is feudnig with orton.... Rey is 'too small' and there realy is no-one else.. unless they ultra quick push Lashley into the main event... but that would hurt the guy