why does vince think chris masters is talent

2 hottie

The guy is actually a fair wrestler, just green.

He really needs the experience in-ring to be a good wrestler, but he can only get that by being in the ring.

His delayed vertical suplex and his old OVW finisher (the torture rack into a spinning neck breaker) are quite nice, but it's his sucky MasterLock which is horrible.

It also doesn't help that he's almost ignored by the crowd.

People have to be given the ring-time to develop and there is no better time to give the likes of Masters their time now due to the 'slump' wrestling is in.

On top of that; we all know Vince likes his massive beef cake ripped fellas so its only fitting that someone like Masters is given a chance.

I think he wil come good in the end...he reminds me of Lex Lugar a bit (the way he is pushed etc) and he did quite well as we all know.

Vince thinks he's a good wrestler because he is all muscle and thats what Vince has always liked in his wrestlers (esspecially since he got into body building himself)

I like Masters (or more to the point I like his body... god to look like that lol) but I do agree he needs time to improve his abilitys a little before heading for the main events

:lol

I've always liked Masters basically. He has an awesome look, he has a good amount of charisma, and he is far from the worst in WWE, in the ring.

When he debuted, all he did was this one move, but then recently we've seen him do a lot more, and he is overlooked by a lot. He is never goign to be the best in WWE, but for a power worker, he is better than nearly every other in WWE. Look the rest of the big guys. Kane, Big Show, Undertaker, Batista, John Cena, Tomko ettc, are all far worse, so he gets a lot of stick for no reason in my opinion.

Added to all that, he is still very new to the wrestling buisness, and WWE, which menas he has a lot of time to improve, just like Dupree. Both very, very yonu,g and when you consider a lot of wrestlers hit their peak at about 35-40, think of the potential.

My main problem with Chris Masters is still the complete non reaction he gets from the fans. You really should not continue pushing a guy if after over 6 months of trying to get him over, he STILL isn't over in the slightest.

If Masters is on offense in the match he sucks, however he is surprisingly ok at selling for the other guy. I remember his match with Tajiri where he sold his offense very well and was basically bumping for the entire match before locking on the unbreakable Masterlock. That is how he and the Masterlock really should be booked at this point, he gets his ass kicked for the match but once he locks in The Masterlock, match over. Masters main strength is that he looks like someone who needs an ass kicking. To use an American phrase he looks like the school 'jock' who bullies the smaller guys for their lunch money or something. Does Masters have time to improve? Sure he does. Does he have potential? Maybe. But sooner or later a guy is going to have to start living up to whatever potential he has. If Masters was in the mid card or in the lower mid card I wouldn't hate him nearly as much. However the fact that they took this guy and decided against the fans will to push him is ridiculous. Just another case of the WWE not listening to its audience.

Look the rest of the big guys. Kane, Big Show, Undertaker, Batista, John Cena, Tomko ettc, are all far worse, so he gets a lot of stick for no reason in my opinion.

Ok, maybe Masters is better than Tomko or Cena (and damn we're really scrapping the barrel there). But for a 7ft tall, 500lbs guy Big Show is a very good worker and I would rather watch Show than Masters. Since when was Chris Masters better than The Undertaker? Seriously Undertaker is roughly 8 million times better than this guy. I seriously don't understand why people criticise Taker's ring work so much. Ok, people may not like him for various other reasons, but if they overlooked all that, they'd see a guy who is criminally underrated in ring. This is the guy who carried John Cena and Randy Orton to a few good matches, a guy who had a watchable match with Heidenreich. No way is Masters better than he is.

Edited by Naitch

this is the same vince that things hiring hollywood writer who don't even watch wrestling

the same guy that now cares more about entertianment. movies and albumns than wrestling..

and this is the same guy that thinks surrounding himself in yes men will help the WWE product

with vince.. anything is possible

I dont know why Vince thinks Masters is something special either.Because IMO he isnt. Havent we seen this gimmick before? Yep. Let me refresh your memories:When Lex Luger first arrived in the WWF what was he called? "The Naricisisst". A musclehead with a huge ego posing in front of mirrors that was supposed to have been a masterpiece of a man managed by Bobby Heenan.

And now the WWE is trying to do the same with Masters. The same kind of character. Unfortunately Masters is no Lex Luger on any level. He totally blows on the mic, he truly doesnt do anything over the top in the ring to make people take notice of him,and hes truly IMO not good enough to be a credible champion for the WWE yet.

If in fact Vince has gone back to that belief that the big man complex is in fact what fuels the WWE I suggest he takes another look at guys like Kurt Angle,Shelton Benjamin,HBK,Chris Benoit,Edge, and Matt Hardy.

The matches these guys be in people talk about more than guys like Batista and HHH. The big guys may contribute to giving a great show but its the little guys that truly bring out the best in pro wrestling. At one point in time big men in pro wrestling could actually wrestle as well as pound a guy into chop meat.

Not anymore. Todays big men hits hard and look to have hard bodies. Buts all their is. And Chris Masters IMO should be allowed to show the guile that he showed in OVW in the WWE. Because if not he will in fact be just like guys like Rene Dupree. Great potential,great body,and great presence but never ever truly used for greatness when it counted.:P

I dont know why Vince thinks Masters is something special either.Because IMO he isnt. Havent we seen this gimmick before? Yep. Let me refresh your memories:When Lex Luger first arrived in the WWF what was he called? "The Naricisisst". A musclehead with a huge ego posing in front of mirrors that was supposed to have been a masterpiece of a man managed by Bobby Heenan.

You're getting the gimmick mixed up.

That was Mark Jindrak - the Reflection of Perfection.

Masters hasn't brought out a mirror, Jindrak did.

You're getting the gimmick mixed up.

That was Mark Jindrak - the Reflection of Perfection.

Masters hasn't brought out a mirror, Jindrak did.

No MrFill, I am talking about the persona of a bigger than life musclehead being brought into the WWE to be something special. I know Masters hasnt used mirrors and stuff like that. Jindrak IMO is a great young talent that the WWE truly doesnt know what to do with either. Masters could be something good if done right. But IMO the same fate that happened to Luger in the WWF will happen to Masters in the WWE. Thats all I'm saying.:P