'Terminator' TV series planned

Citizen Kane

From digitalspy

FOX has given the go-ahead to a pilot for a new TV series rooted in the Terminator franchise.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles will track what happened to the character after she went on the run at the end of the second movie. John Connor will also feature.

"She has the weight of the world on her shoulder and she also has to raise a 14-year-old son who may be the salvation of the world," producer James Middleton told Variety.

Although exact details of the plotline have yet to be revealed, Middleton confirmed that the series would have a "connection" to the film franchise but added that it would not affect plans for a fourth big screen outing.

Writer Josh Friedman (War of the Worlds) added: "The last thing I want to do is take a title and exploit it. The show needs to stand on its own while still being respectful of the franchise."

If greenlit, the series would likely air in the 2006-07 season.

If it happens then i'll give it a go, expecilay if it follows on from T2 as i enjoyed that film the most out of the 3, but i dont know how it can lead upto T3 because John connor could only remember the events from T2 in T3, and would make know sence, what they gonna do with the storyline? send a Terminater back in time every week to try and kill them?

It might be better if they based the series after T3 and that way they could show them having wars each week with john connor leading the army against the Robots

Just a idea?