Footballing memories!

GENE

I think its sitting at home, watching England v Argentina 2nd round world cup 1998. I can still remember going crazy when Owen scored the goal of the tournament, then screaming my head off at Beckham (bloody plonker). Well we all know what happened when the peno's were played out :(

Man United being defeated completely by Man City 5-1 in 1989...

I felt so sorry for Man U that I started to support them...

After that it would be our great run through Europe in 1991 when we became the first English team since Heysel to win a European thorphy against the mighty Barca in Holland....

Even better... I was there!

I wouldnt say its my first footballing memory, but its the one that sticks out in my mind the most. West Ham were playing in the late 90's with Julian Dicks at left back and good ol Ludek Miklosko in goal. Things were not going our way and Ludek was unlucky enough to earn his only red-card in his career. With the subs bench being without a keeper, desperate measures were taken as Julian stuck on the goalkeeper jersey and played the remainder of the game in goal. He did really well, and i remember my mum saying "bless him" as she loved Julian Dicks so much! It was a great and memorable game!

First - Kenny Dalglsih running about in Spain in 1982. My mum and dad bought me a Scotland kit with 7 on the back just because of him :D

Favourite... probably Celtic 5 Paritsan Belgrade 4 in 1989. We went out on away goals but Jacki Dziekanwoski scored four and at the end of the match collapsed with exhaustion due to the performance he put in. I was there... and it was a hell of an atmosphere... something really special.

Going to Celtic Park in 1997 for the first team.

Walking up the pathway to the stadium, my dad said "What's the score going to be?" Iwas very young at the time and didn't have a clue about football and said "5-0." My dad dismissed it and took my brothers "2-0" result instead.

Final Score: Celtic 5-0 Hibs

If we had have put a tenner on it, we would have made over 300 quid.

I remember once my Dad was watching a Man United match in the mid 80's and I decded to sit and watch with him see what's with this football lark he's always watching, I remember Bryan Robson scoring from the spot, I think it might have been a penalty shootout but I'm not sure.

My earliest memory that I remember clearly and where I knew what was going on was the FA Cup Final of 1987 where Coventry beat Tottenham.