extreme championship wrestling

alboobs

Extreme Championship Wrestling is probably my favourite wrestling organisation. Although eCw is out of buissness, eCw will always live on as the federation with the most hardcore activity involved. They had some classic story lines that you would never see in WWE. I dont know anybody who liked eCw so i was hoping someone on here would like to chat about eCw.

any takers?

alex

Come on Mr Fill, if you come in here you might as well say your view on ECW as well :lol .

I personally liked loads of superstars including Van Dam, Rhyno, Tajiri and Miket Whipwreck, The Dudleyz, Steve Corino, New Jack was just genius with the music while he wrestled, Tommy Dreamer and Nova was amazing with his innovative moves and just the fact that they looked scrappy at times but took nothing away from the move itself.

My problem with ECW was the garbage workers.

Guys like Sandman, New Jack and others who just hit people with things.

When I watched ECW it was for guys like Benoit, Malenko, Taz (during his last run), Eddie, Jerry Lynn and others who could actually wrestle.

So, since most of them moved to the WWE, I watch them there now.

ECW should of been called EC (Extreme Championship) after Benoit Malenko & Guerrero left because other than those 3 there were no decent wrestlers there, yeh there were a few cruiserweights and Taz(z) wasnt bad but all the other people did was jump of stuff and make it look like it hurt, wasnt really any rasslin' there.

and i know ECW fans disagree with what Jerry Lawler said because your fans and your obviously not going to agree with him bu whatt he was 100% right, ECW stood for Extremely Crappy Wrestling.

But some of the wrestling was innovative, i am not talking about the matches involving hardcore weapons, but people like EZ Money, Nova, Balls Mahoney, Swinger and Diamond, FBI, when they didn't use hardcore weapons in there match, their moves and ring wrestling still were a lot better then WWE because it was exciting, and it was exciting because they were innovative and imaginative when entertaining the crowd.

EZ Money' date=' Nova, Balls Mahoney, Swinger and Diamond, FBI[/quote']

if i were to name all the people from ECW that i thought could wrestle a half decent match i would add any of them, Balls Mahoney? he couldnt wrestle at all, all he could do was hit you with a chair, Benoit, Malenko, Guerrero, Mysterio, Taz, RVD, Psychosis, 2 Cold Scorpio & Kid Kash were the only people i would say in ECW that could actually wrestle.

Balls Mahoney could wrestle well, watch the match between him and EZ money at Massacre on 34th street, prob not the best but that is a great wrestling match. CW Anderson wasn't on there which has annoyed me, and Tommy and Raven could wrestle decent matches, a lot could but they just loved taking it to the extreme so to speak.

ECW was totally enjoyable stuff. It's amazing how many people will claim that the company put on nothing but crap, then talk about how great WWF was in the late ninties during the Attitude era. Don't people realise any more that ECW was entirely responsible for creating the cutting edge TV that WWF moulded into their own ECW-lite? Even back in 2000 or whatever, everyone accepted that as fact, but now it seems that time has caused people to forget.

Personally, I loved ECW because I love the Heyman style of booking. Every show is made to be special, because Heyman books to please the fans. He doesn't think like Vince McMahon who creates things for his own amusement (JR Ass Skit) or punishes the fans (JBL's title reign was a shot at the people who got him fired from his TV news gig). Heyman booked guys to their strengths, and did his best to hide their weaknesses. Week after week, month after month, he provided top quality storylines and feuds, guys with mic skills cut amazing promos and there were also a hell of a lot of good matches.

Not everything was a classic, but Heyman knew how to appeal to his audience. When they wanted violence, he sent out New Jack. When the fans wanted to see people going through tables, he delivered. When the focus was shifted to putting on great matches, again, the fans and the viewing audience at home were satisfied.

I loved ECW's cluster**** brawls. The main event at One Night Stand was a great example of the kind of thing you'd see often in ECW, if you're not really aware of the company's history. You'd have run ins, crazy spots, gallons of blood and a rabid crowd. It was just great viewing.

The real star of ECW was Paul Heyman. He took a small indy promotion, turned them into a serious national promotion that ended up influencing a lot of WCW and WWF's work and ended up putting on a product that was a lot of fun to watch. You'd be a moron to ignore their importance to the wrestling industry.

ECW should of been called EC (Extreme Championship) after Benoit Malenko & Guerrero left because other than those 3 there were no decent wrestlers there, yeh there were a few cruiserweights and Taz(z) wasnt bad but all the other people did was jump of stuff and make it look like it hurt, wasnt really any rasslin' there

Oh yeah because the Steiners,Stonecold,Road Warrior Animal,Stonecold,Steve Corino,Cw Anderson,Siamond Diamond,Jerry Lynn ,Doug Furnas,Phillip Lafon and Brian Pillman couldn`t wrestle?

WWE should be called Extremley Crappy Entertaibment if anything.

actaully some people refer to WWE as Worlds Worst Entertainment.

HaHa thats a good one never heard of that one before ... & russ that post was fantastic and completely true ... tommy dreamer is my favourite eCw star... and one night stand was amazing ... that main event was just soo good and then the big brawl at the end with ecw stars and wwe stars... and look at how high up the ranking people like chris benoit and eddie guerreo are ... ecw is what made them to be fair ... all hail eCw :)

Oh yeah because the Steiners,Stonecold,Road Warrior Animal,Stonecold,Steve Corino,Cw Anderson,Siamond Diamond,Jerry Lynn ,Doug Furnas,Phillip Lafon and Brian Pillman couldn`t wrestle?

WWE should be called Extremley Crappy Entertaibment if anything.

That is very true alot of ECW stars did have the natural talent but they modled there styles to matches. Yes there might have been people who was better at the "hardcore" wrestling like New Jack, The Sandman ect. However you have to look at the talent from ECW. Tazz one hell of a great technical Wrestler who should have had more of a run in WWE. Malenko (Same as Tazz really) Eddie G and Chris Benoit both champions last year. Hell the WWE have had to rehash old ECW storylines to try and help with ratings (Eddie/Rey = Sandman/Raven)

Also WWE should be called "What Worthless Entertainment"

• Like 1

ECW should of been called EC (Extreme Championship) after Benoit Malenko & Guerrero left because other than those 3 there were no decent wrestlers there, yeh there were a few cruiserweights and Taz(z) wasnt bad but all the other people did was jump of stuff and make it look like it hurt, wasnt really any rasslin' there.

and i know ECW fans disagree with what Jerry Lawler said because your fans and your obviously not going to agree with him bu whatt he was 100% right, ECW stood for Extremely Crappy Wrestling.

So you're calling Benoit, Guerro, Mysterio, Super Crazy, Van Dam, Jerry Lynn, and Jericho crappy wrestlers? I think not.

As much as it was great to watch Friday nights on Bravo, I'm glad it ended when it did, a short, memorable, enjoyable stay, ended before it could go stale. Perhaps it was the breeding grounds for other companies, but it was a damn good business, from the "Singapore Cane Match" in '93 (or '94) to Triple threat Ladder matches at Guilty as Charged '00, it was a great corp. .

So you're calling Benoit' date=' Guerro, Mysterio, Super Crazy, Van Dam, Jerry Lynn, and Jericho crappy wrestlers? I think not.[/quote']

Erm i believe he took out Benoit and Guerrero saying once they left, but indeed he is calling people like Msterio, Super Crazy, Van Dam, Jerry Lynn, Chris Jericho, Lance Storm, Simon Diamond, EZ Money and Kid Kash all crap and worthless.

This is with ECW, the good will always be overshadowed by the bad. Much like what is happening with TNA.

Both have/had a great undercard which featured some brilliant matches, but then you have the garbage wrestling in ECW, or the past-it WWE rejects headlining TNA, and that is what they will be judged on.

Having Benoit, or Malenko in the midcard, and then imited wrestlers like Shane Douglas, or Terry Funk in the midcard, or Daniels or Styles putting out good matches whilst, the worst wrestlers in the company, headline.

It's no wonder people don't associate ECW with great wrestling.

This is with ECW, the good will always be overshadowed by the bad. Much like what is happening with TNA.

Both have/had a great undercard which featured some brilliant matches, but then you have the garbage wrestling in ECW, or the past-it WWE rejects headlining TNA, and that is what they will be judged on.

Having Benoit, or Malenko in the midcard, and then imited wrestlers like Shane Douglas, or Terry Funk in the midcard, or Daniels or Styles putting out good matches whilst, the worst wrestlers in the company, headline.

It's no wonder people don't associate ECW with great wrestling.

But most people do, you noticed that the mods and the ones who have been here longer have actually had positive things to say about ECW.

ECW to me wasn't about the violence, you were guaranteed great matches on any ECW show, some of my favourites...

Any Super Crazy vs Tajiri match, Mike Awesome/Tanaka,Scorpio vs Douglas/ Raven/Dreamer, Tazz vs anybody, Pillmans Promo, Lance Storm vs Jerry Lynn.

Such great stuff there, no way was it "Extremely Crappy Wrestling", that was left to Men on a Mission and the WWE undercard of the same time.

ECW to me wasn't about the violence, you were guaranteed great matches on any ECW show, some of my favourites...

Any Super Crazy vs Tajiri match, Mike Awesome/Tanaka,Scorpio vs Douglas/ Raven/Dreamer, Tazz vs anybody, Pillmans Promo, Lance Storm vs Jerry Lynn.

Such great stuff there, no way was it "Extremely Crappy Wrestling", that was left to Men on a Mission and the WWE undercard of the same time.

Also Van Dam vs. Lynn were good and the best match i have ever seen is Tajiri and Mikey Whipwreck vs. Super Crazy and Kid Kash from Massacre On 34th Street, amazing match.