Last Album You Got And Thoughts?

Fletch

Done before, lets do it again

I recently got

Blink-182-Greatest Hits

And it is, truely the best of the stuff theyve done. Ive been after this album since I saw it was coming out. Im not the biggest Blink fan in the world, but greatest hits albums usually seem to hit the spot, Offsprings certainly did, despite the lack of Race Against Myself in that one, but Blinks greatest hits certainly has every great song I can remember by them bar F A Dog :)

But yeah I suggest you get it, its fantastic. From Damnit to Rock Show to First Date to Down via Miss You and Whats My Age Again? its a bloody great album

Slipknot's new live album 9.0 Live and Rammstein Rosenrot...

Slipknots album has all the old classics and the best cuts from Vol.3 as well as some of the stuff from Iowa too.

Its a mighty two CD's taking in some of the shows from Vegas, Phoenix and somewhere else...

But they are well performed and the old stuff once again bites home the strongest and makes me understand my I became a Maggot in the first place...

Rammstein's new album is also great, everything you'd expect with the humour (that's if you know German), driving guitars and wonderfully layered keyboarding as well.

Plus Sharleen from Texas makes a suprise apperance on Strib Nicht Vor Me/Don't Die Before I Do and its a great track with her and Till's vocal's matching magnificently.

Plus Benzin is a kick ass single and is classic Rammstein.

Gorillaz, haven't listened to it yet.

Coldplay X and Y was second most recent. I thought the album was awesome, possibly there best yet. The album kicks off to Square One which just has some great playing, the drums and guitar build up to something huge. Fix You is the best track on the album, the build up all the way through leads to the guitar being brought in, then the drums and the best part begins there. There are a lot of other great tracks on the album but that is just naming 2. Of course like every album, there is at least 1 dud track and there is a couple on this.

The Pimps - To a cool person, stay that way.

I fist heard of the Pimps on the Mission Impossible 2 soundstrack which had their song 'Rocket Science' on it, which is fantastic and well worth downloading. Not listened to the whole album yet, but what i hve heard is brilliant! Its heavy, its got fab vocals, i love it!

Last album I bought was Screaming Tree's - Ocean of confusion, a great album which also contains my favourite song by them (Shadows of the season). Pity that they never made it as big as other grunge bands at the time but their definatly woth checking out, and this album is definatly worth buying.

I'll go with Atreyu - The Curse. F***ing kicks arse.

Ooof, now that kicks major arse. Lovin' it.

Hmm lets see, the most recent album I aquired, I downloaded.

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American.

Released in 2002, includes the songs Sweetness, Bleed American and Cautioners.

It's a real gem this album, I was really impressed.

Kicks off with Bleed American, their most punk song on the record with a 3 note riff making it a killer bassline.

Following that, A Praise Chrous which keeps the pace of the opening. It's definately more catchy. The thing I love about Jimmy Eat World is that they can make happy, "feel-good" songs which make you want to sing along.

Like Sweetness, where you find yourself singing the "Wooaaaah" without even realising it. In fact, I dare anyone not to sing when they're listening to it.

The other thing about them is they can make quite emotional slow songs. The lyrics seem really heart-felt and you feel sometimes you can connect with them, because they have that emotion. The slow Hear You Me (May Angels Lead You In) is just that. It's pretty much a ballad.

I have a feeling its about someone passing away, although I'm not sure. There's backing vocals in it from a woman with a beautiful voice. They go really well with Adkins'.

Each track flows brilliantly into each other, making this record almost perfect. The only thing I feel lets it down comes just over half way through the album, with Get It Faster. It's not a horrible tune, but I'd rather something else.

That's the only thing on this album I don't like, apart from that, its top notch.

It gets 4 and a half Trashy thumbs up /5

:thumbsup

The last album I actually paid money for is actually a few years old. I bought it to help complete my Metallica collection.

Their Garage, Inc album, released 7 years ago. The main thing about this album is that it's 2 disks of covers of bands including Black Sabbth, The Misfits, Anti-Nowhere League, Thin Lizzy and 3 of Diamond Head's.

It kicks off with Hetfield barking "Free Speach! Free Speach!" in Free Speech For The Dumb originally recorded by Discharge.

What I like about this record is that it opened my eyes to more bands, which I previously either hadn't heard of, or didn't think much of.

A real killer on Disk 1 is their version of Black Sabbath's Sabbra Cadabra, which is just amazing. Following that, they slow the pace down a bit with Turn The Page originally Bob Seger. After that its a short but sweet punk classic Die Die My Darling by the Misfits.

My favourite track on this side had to be Whiskey In The Jar. Their cover of Thin Lizzy's cover of an Irish folk song. 'Tallica really do make it their own though, with guitars ripping through it and Hetfiled giving it his all. The track after that 9 minutes of pure gold. With the help from a few others, they recorded Lynyrd Skynrd's Tuesdays Gone , which is really easy listening, sounds like country rock, because it truely is. Just this time with Metallica's touch.

Disk 2 has another Misfit's cover, a medly of Last Caress and Green Hell. It also has more DiamondHead, Killing Joke (Who obviously aren't an 80's band...)and everyone's favourite Queen, with Stone Cold Crazy.

If you get the UK version of this album, then you also get 4 covers of our very own Motorhead, with their take on rock classics such as Overkill and Stone Dead Forever. I really need to listen to the 2nd disk more to give a more accurate review, to be honest I'm playing disk 1 more right now, even though I read a lot of people prefer the other.

Anyway, it gets my approval, its an album well worth having.

I'm going to give it 4 Trashy thumbs.

Edited by Trash

The last album I actually paid money for is actually a few years old. I bought it to help complete my Metallica collection.

Their Garage, Inc album, released 7 years ago. The main thing about this album is that it's 2 disks of covers of bands including Black Sabbth, The Misfits, Anti-Nowhere League, Thin Lizzy and 3 of Diamond Head's.

It kicks off with Hetfield barking "Free Speach! Free Speach!" in Free Speech For The Dumb originally recorded by Discharge.

What I like about this record is that it opened my eyes to more bands, which I previously either hadn't heard of, or didn't think much of.

A real killer on Disk 1 is their version of Black Sabbath's Sabbra Cadabra, which is just amazing. Following that, they slow the pace down a bit with Turn The Page originally Bob Seger. After that its a short but sweet punk classic Die Die My Darling by the Misfits.

My favourite track on this side had to be Whiskey In The Jar. Their cover of Thin Lizzy's cover of an Irish folk song. 'Tallica really do make it their own though, with guitars ripping through it and Hetfiled giving it his all. The track after that 9 minutes of pure gold. With the help from a few others, they recorded Lynyrd Skynrd's Tuesdays Gone , which is really easy listening, sounds like country rock, because it truely is. Just this time with Metallica's touch.

Disk 2 has another Misfit's cover, a medly of Last Caress and Green Hell. It also has more DiamondHead, 80's band Killing Joke and everyone's favourite Queen, with Stone Cold Crazy.

If you get the UK version of this album, then you also get 4 covers of our very own Motorhead, with their take on rock classics such as Overkill and Stone Dead Forever. I really need to listen to the 2nd disk more to give a more accurate review, to be honest I'm playing disk 1 more right now, even though I read a lot of people prefer the other.

Anyway, it gets my approval, its an album well worth having.

I'm going to give it 4 Trashy thumbs.

Im sorry you can not and I will not allow you to leave get away with calling Killing Joke an 80's band:P

Rammstein's new album is also great, everything you'd expect with the humour (that's if you know German), driving guitars and wonderfully layered keyboarding as well.

Plus Sharleen from Texas makes a suprise apperance on Strib Nicht Vor Me/Don't Die Before I Do and its a great track with her and Till's vocal's matching magnificently.

Plus Benzin is a kick ass single and is classic Rammstein.

I quite agree gringo, bought this last week when it was released, briliant album, really liking the track wo bist do, plus my wife has put her knowledge of spanish to good use in translating the non - german track te quiero puta, benzin is indeed a great track, I instantly liked it the moment i heard it in birmingham in july, the 2 disc special edition has a dvd included featuring 3 live tracks from the summer tour. wunderbar :thumbsup

I quite agree gringo' date=' bought this last week when it was released, briliant album, really liking the track wo bist do, plus my wife has put her knowledge of spanish to good use in translating the non - german track te quiero puta, benzin is indeed a great track, I instantly liked it the moment i heard it in birmingham in july, the 2 disc special edition has a dvd included featuring 3 live tracks from the summer tour. wunderbar :thumbsup[/quote']

Rammsteins new album is out, w00t will be having to get my hands on that.

The last album i purchased was Trapt - Someone In Control. I first heard about Trapt when their track Headstrong was used on a WWE ppv, and i then purchased their self-titled debut album. And after much waiting they have finally released the follow-up, which is Someone In Control. Some of the tracks are fantastic and ones i would love to listen to again and again, but they suffered from repeatitus as a couple of tracks sound like exact replicas of ones from their first album. Not the best they could have done, but a very good effort nonetheless.

Yikes, I can't remember the last CD I actually bought... I mostly trade live shows (yes, it's legal). Although now that I think about it, the last CD I bought, may have been by They Might Be Giants, can't remember which album though... Maybe Mink Car? ... I have so many of them