My Cats are driving me up the wall...

Verb

I have 2 cats, Ozzy's 3 months and Sharons about 5 weeks old. and they're driving me up the wall.

They constantly play fight (Sharon pretends to be the innocent party) and as Anna and me are stupid we've given them both collars with bells on, so I have a constant ringing in my ear from them running around the house.

anybody have any ideas for me to stop them from play fighting (Ozzy gets a bit rough and Sharon doesn't like it all that much)

http://www.horrormagazine.it/imgbank/NEWS/rottweiler_dog1.jpg

Scare Ozzy with this:eek

Only messing dude I dont know my cousin had the same problem and she just separated them for certain periods of the day and after a certain period they kind of calmed down with time...

Edited by The Genetic Jackhammer

My cats driving me up the wall also, she just has so much energy all the time.

She nearly knocked a lamp over twice this morning, and has a habit of scratching at my sofa.

Right now she's doing my head in, as Ive had to get the hamster in his ball, too try and change his sleep patterns, so he's not awake at night, so sandy won't find it so fun watching him, and knocking over his food etc.

She keeps chasing him round, won't leave the poor little buggar alone, I know it's coz she wants to play with him (he once escaped from his ball, and she was there keeping an eye on him, but didn't touch him, even though i wasn't in the room for 10-20 mins. So i know she won't hurt him)

Shes the same with the guinea pig, who she also obsessed with, but she's more scared of the guinea than he is of her.

Im also trying to get my cat out of trying to play fight my hands, she has a habit of biting, before it was ok, as her jaw or teeth weren't long enough, but now she half way to being an adult cat, and she already managed to compress the ball on one of her toys:(

I can totally sympathise matey, hopefully they will grow out of it.

Can you not take the bells from there collars btw? or buy new collars without bells on, so, it is a little bit more easier to cope with:)

Im also trying to get my cat out of trying to play fight my hands, she has a habit of biting, before it was ok, as her jaw or teeth weren't long enough, but now she half way to being an adult cat, and she already managed to compress the ball on one of her toys:(

http://www.petsathome.com/invt/13116

That seems like a good idea, perhaps you should give it a try.

we could take the bells off, but then the cats would be likely to find them (they find their way into the smallest of gaps, and climb in cupboards/drawers as soon as they're opened) and would most probably eat them (they have a habit of eating anything that gets in their way)

A part of a cat's instinct when growing up is to playfight, which two cats they are teaching each other how to hunt, one plays the victim while the other stalks them.

However, they never try to actually harm the animal they are playing with, but accidents do happen.

My cats never mean to kill the mice they play with, but somehow they do.

My two have stopped chasing each other round now they have grown up, they still do sometimes, but not as often as when they were kittens.

Basically you try to stop a cat from playfighting you are trying to rob them of their hunting instinct.

Single cats usually play with humans if they have no catty partner to play with.

Saz

This'll do the trick...

http://www2.uic.edu/~kpurin1/micro/cat.jpg

Speaking of cats, I saw a dead one this morning on my way into town. True story. Looks like it had been run over. Seriously, it was destroyed. Blood dripping off his teeth and everything. Only a kitten too. Some kid will be crying right about now.

1 word' date=' get a puppy.[/quote']

:dumb

This'll do the trick...

http://www2.uic.edu/~kpurin1/micro/cat.jpg

Speaking of cats, I saw a dead one this morning on my way into town. True story. Looks like it had been run over. Seriously, it was destroyed. Blood dripping off his teeth and everything. Only a kitten too. Some kid will be crying right about now.

That is really nasty. The picture and the story. I just don't like to picture a kitten lying dead as i'm a total animal lover.

Come on, we all know how to wash a cat:

Pour some washing powder into the toilet, grab the cat and shove it in the toilet, close the lid, sit on it and flush.

Voila, one cleaned and washed cat - although as it runs around the house once you lift the lid, it might not leave the walls in one piece. :D