Who deserves to win if Hogan vs. Austin ever have a match in the WWE?

Brad

Who do you believe will win this match or more rightly, who do you think deserves to win this match? Also how do you believe the WWE will sort out the winner?

Now the Rock vs. Hogan was easier to decide because at the time the Rock still had a future in the WWE, well a longer one then Hogan at the time.

But with Hogan vs. Austin, both men haven't got a lot more to prove and could very well be both men's last matches, they will both want to win and they both would love to keep their reputation so who do you think deserves it and how will it be decided? Your thoughts.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Austin deserves to win' date=' because Hogan beat HBK, and that should have happened. HBK should have won.[/quote']So your basing your opinion on who should win on who won the Hogan vs HBK matches? Thats pretty stupid...Why should HBK have won? Because he is your favourite right? Doesnt mean he SHOULD have. Hogan or HBK winning that match made no difference, wouldnt have hurt either guy and it hasnt effected HBK at all, same with Hogan vs Austin, doesnt matter who wins. I'd prefer Hogan, but wouldnt worry if Austin took it.

If they ever wrestle, I'd be more inclined to expect a time limit draw or a non-finish, cant imagine any wanting to put the other over.

Hogan beat HBK' date=' and that should have happened. HBK should have won.[/quote']

Hang on, which was it?

You say that Hogan should have beaten HBK, and then you say that HBK should have won.

I can only presume that you mean "that shouldn't have happened".

Hogan beat HBK' date=' and that should[i']n't[/i] have happened. HBK should have won.

I can't see many agreeing to that!

I think it should never happen. I dont want either to loose. I prefer Austin but its only because I didnt watch Hogan's prime time. I know what Hogan has done for the business and 100% respect that.

I can understand Hogan Vs Rock because they were both the most popular 'peoples champs' of their time.

Please, please, please do not let this match happen. There really is no point.

for me this decision is so hard because Austin & Hogan have dont so much for the wrestling business its undecribable so who deserves to win it, i would say they both deserve to win it but i cant decide who i want to win as i like them both.

Personally, I'd like to see Austin win it.

If you want to talk about the more believable finish, then you can't see anything other than an Austin win. It's hard to believe that someone who's been built up as the toughest sob in the company would fall to 'kick out, shake of head, punch no-sell, punch no-sell, finger wagging, punch, punch, boot to the face and legdrop'. Austin is also a good 11 years younger and would need to take a lot more than what Hogan dished out to HBK. Yes, HBK is a year older than Austin but HBK isn't built up as tough as Austin.

On the other hand, even though they take up about 3 hours, Hogan's celebrations with all his 'Hulkamaniacs' would be a better and much more remembered moment than Austin downing beer, shaking Hogan's hand and then stunning him.

Who do I think will win it? Hogans not going to be heel in this, and if Austin has to be the bad guy, lets just say that heels and don't win Wrestlemania main events.

If they ever wrestle' date=' I'd be more inclined to expect a time limit draw or a non-finish, cant imagine any wanting to put the other over.[/quote']

Double count-out or DQ would be the most likely outcome IMO. And neither man deserves to win. It's a case of who the fans would want to win and I can't see Hogan playing heel tbh, and by that logic Hogan would be the most likely winner, even though I would mark out like a little girl for a clean Austin win.

Austin.. Hogan has had his victory vs HBK...

and i like Austin more

Once again you can't base it on the Hogan vs. HBK match. HBK got a lot out of the feud without winning the final match and look at where he is now. Austin vs. Hogan has nothing to do with HBK at all.

Deserving? Probably Hogan, if he goes in as babyface which is most probable, unless Austin ridicules him enough as the cool heel that fans turn on Hogan, which would make my life complete.

Who would I want to win? Austin, in a 20 minute squash that retires Hogan. Legdrop, Stunner, another leg drop, another stunner, a chairshot here and there, and then go for a pin, pull the shoulder up at two, lock in the sharpshooter, make him submit, hit one more stunner, pour beer over him, stun his *****beast of a wife, chairshot his son over and over, and celebrate with poses for around 50 minutes.

So your basing your opinion on who should win on who won the Hogan vs HBK matches? Thats pretty stupid...Why should HBK have won? Because he is your favourite right? Doesnt mean he SHOULD have. Hogan or HBK winning that match made no difference' date=' wouldnt have hurt either guy and it hasnt effected HBK at all, same with Hogan vs Austin, doesnt matter who wins. I'd prefer Hogan, but wouldnt worry if Austin took it.[/quote']

If it doesnt affect anyone, surely you should give the win to the full time worker? What good did a Hogan victory accomplish? Absolutely nothing, apart from yet another big name being added onto Hogan's 'jobbed out' list. HBK should have won, plain and simple.

If they ever wrestle, I'd be more inclined to expect a time limit draw or a non-finish, cant imagine any wanting to put the other over.

If they ever wrestle, no doubt Austin will fall to the leg drop of doom and be added to Hulk's illustrest list.

first this match will never happen austin was to affraid to face the coach so no way is he going to go against hogan... if it did happen austin has to win.. my guess is the only way this will happen is if austin will get the win... does not matter anyways the coach could take both of them anyways

Austin wasn't afraid to face the Coach, he just didn't want to lose to the Coach.

There is a difference.

If it doesnt affect anyone' date=' surely you should give the win to the full time worker? What good did a Hogan victory accomplish? Absolutely nothing, apart from yet another big name being added onto Hogan's 'jobbed out' list. HBK should have won, plain and simple.[/quote']If it doesnt effect anybody, is DOESNT MATTER who wins, pretty basic logic there, dont you think? What good did a Hogan win achieve? Well first off, the vast majority of people wanted Hogan to win, so sending most of the fans home/away from the TV happy with a good taste in their mouths in a match that wouldnt harm any guy with a win/loss is good sense.

Why should HBK have won? Because YOU dont like Hogan? Look, Hogan going over HBK didnt hurt HBK whatsoever, he went onto feud with Masters, won that feud, has since gone onto feud with Cena/Angle in tags and 3-ways...nobody even remembers the loss to Hogan, plus losing the the biggest name in company history isnt like he lost to Spike ****ing Dudley, get real!

Hogan losing wouldnt have hurt Hogan much either, but would definately have hurt him more than the loss hurt HBK. Hogan is a special attraction legend, what good would it do to job him out on the rare occasions he does work? That would be retarded, plus whether you care to admit it or not, Hogan still has more fans than pretty much any other wrestler on the roster, what good is it to push those fans away by making Hogan lose when you bring him in? WWE need to keep hold of all the fans they can.

Now, if Hogan was working with Batista or John Cena, I'd fully admit Hogan SHOULD LOSE (not that I'd want him to, but I can see it from an un-bias, objective perspective, which you obviously cant) because they are the future of WWE, they are the guys WWE are banking on to pull them for the next few years...HBK is not.

If they ever wrestle' date=' no doubt Austin will fall to the leg drop of doom and be added to Hulk's illustrest list.[/quote']Good, I hope it happens, but if Austin wins, wont matter, will be just as good because of the build and atmosphere...having the two biggest names ever work a match will be great, even if the action isnt top notch.

Doesnt matter who wins, its totally down to who you prefer, same as Hogan vs HBK was. The loss didnt to ANYTHING to hurt Shawn Michaels. If you want to piss and moan, go cry about Ric Flair taking the IC title from Carlito.

Edited by The Beltster

WWE fans dislike non finishes in matches such as Tomko vs. Rosey or something, think how they'd react if they booked a Double DQ or a time limit draw in a match between Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan. If the match does happen, I can't see them doing a non finish. It'll be interesting to see who they decide should go over.

Who deserves to win? I don't think it is really a question of who deserves to win. This is a match between two retired or at least semi retired wrestlers and a loss for either guy isn't exactly going to make the world as we know it implode. This would basically be, other than maybe Goldberg vs. Austin, the last so called dream match for casual wrestling fans and I don't think it really matters who wins. If this match happened, we wouldn't get a Rock vs. Hogan outcome where the fans basically 100% turned on Rock. Austin always had a much better connection with the fans than The Rock did. Rock was the arrogant guy who wore expensive shirts and sunglasses and was basically positioned as being above the fans. He was the guy who was just starting to see his movie career begin and maybe the fans resented him for that. Steve Austin was basically every working class, blue collar fan personified and those fans always respected and liked Steve Austin much more. Of course, myself personally I would prefer to see Steve Austin win. Hogan hits the Big Boot, misses the Leg Drop, Austin hits the Stunner, Hogan kicks out, Hulk Up, Austin gives him the fingers in the middle of the Hulk Up, Stunner, 1-2-3. That is how the match should end. Also, none of that respect, shaking hands crap after the match. Austin should Stunner him again and then pour beer on him. He should be Stonecold to the very end.

the two men i have like both times i started watching wrestling. when i was 2 it was hogan.then in 1994 i stopped watching because i no longer had sky or cable. i returned watching in 1998 and i really liked stone cold.

i would like stone cold to win because he does SOMETIMES job and helps in new talent

WWE fans dislike non finishes in matches such as Tomko vs. Rosey or something, think how they'd react if they booked a Double DQ or a time limit draw in a match between Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan. If the match does happen, I can't see them doing a non finish. It'll be interesting to see who they decide should go over.

Who deserves to win? I don't think it is really a question of who deserves to win. This is a match between two retired or at least semi retired wrestlers and a loss for either guy isn't exactly going to make the world as we know it implode. This would basically be, other than maybe Goldberg vs. Austin, the last so called dream match for casual wrestling fans and I don't think it really matters who wins. If this match happened, we wouldn't get a Rock vs. Hogan outcome where the fans basically 100% turned on Rock. Austin always had a much better connection with the fans than The Rock did. Rock was the arrogant guy who wore expensive shirts and sunglasses and was basically positioned as being above the fans. He was the guy who was just starting to see his movie career begin and maybe the fans resented him for that. Steve Austin was basically every working class, blue collar fan personified and those fans always respected and liked Steve Austin much more. Of course, myself personally I would prefer to see Steve Austin win. Hogan hits the Big Boot, misses the Leg Drop, Austin hits the Stunner, Hogan kicks out, Hulk Up, Austin gives him the fingers in the middle of the Hulk Up, Stunner, 1-2-3. That is how the match should end. Also, none of that respect, shaking hands crap after the match. Austin should Stunner him again and then pour beer on him. He should be Stonecold to the very end.

Man,if the match happens I wish it would happen just like you said.

Non of that pussy hugging after the match.And I mean who wouldn't mark if in the middle of the Hulk up Austin would give Hogan the finger and stunner him for the win.I know I would:worship

So your basing your opinion on who should win on who won the Hogan vs HBK matches? Thats pretty stupid...Why should HBK have won? Because he is your favourite right? Doesnt mean he SHOULD have. Hogan or HBK winning that match made no difference, wouldnt have hurt either guy and it hasnt effected HBK at all, same with Hogan vs Austin, doesnt matter who wins. I'd prefer Hogan, but wouldnt worry if Austin took it.

HBK should've won over Hogan because HBK still gives the wrestling fans out there what they want:GREAT WRESTLING MATCHES!!! Hogan does not. Lets face it, people still talk about matches HBK had in the past as well as the present. You can basically count on one hand how many great matches Hogan has had. HBK has had endless array of great matches ranging from ladder matches to World title triple threat matches.

But yet Hogan is allowed to show up whenever he feels like it and simply get a huge win over an icon that still can perform like Shawn Michaels? I dont think so. Same can be said here about if and when Hogan fights Stone Cold in the future. IMO Austin should win that encounter. Hands down! Screw a double DQ or a count-out we want Austin to deliver not one, not two, but three hanious Stone Cold stunners to Hogan's chin to get the 1-2-3. :xyx

That would be cool! :thumbsup

HBK should've won over Hogan because HBK still gives the wrestling fans out there what they want:GREAT WRESTLING MATCHES!!! Hogan does not. Lets face it' date=' people still talk about matches HBK had in the past as well as the present. You can basically count on one hand how many great matches Hogan has had. HBK has had endless array of great matches ranging from ladder matches to World title triple threat matches.[/quote']Paul London gives great wrestling matches too, doesnt mean he should beat Hulk Hogan...fact is, most people wanted Hogan to win, and WWE gave us what we wanted, Hogan going over 1-2-3 and celebrating as SummerSlam went off the air with Real American playing, like the old days.

And great matches is all a matter of opinion, I can count up a large number of great matches Hogan has had, because I like his style. Because you might not like his matches, doesnt mean they are crap. That being said, Hogans gimmick wasnt about 5-star in-ring performances, it was about showmanship, and he provides that in spades, to most people.

But yet Hogan is allowed to show up whenever he feels like it and simply get a huge win over an icon that still can perform like Shawn Michaels? I dont think so. Same can be said here about if and when Hogan fights Stone Cold in the future. IMO Austin should win that encounter. Hands down! Screw a double DQ or a count-out we want Austin to deliver not one, not two, but three hanious Stone Cold stunners to Hogan's chin to get the 1-2-3. :xyx

That would be cool! :thumbsup

Allowed to show up whenever he wants? I think you will find that it was HBK who wanted a match with Hogan, he has been lobbying for it for over a year. Face it, all these people are the ones who want a Hogan match on their resume, Hogan doesnt go looking and asking for them to wrestle him. HBK wanted the match and he wanted to test his political clout against Hogan, like most others, he found out he couldnt hang, thats his problem. LOADS of HBK's mates, apparently, warned him not to ask for a match with Hogan and if he did, make sure the finish was worked out before he signed for it, but he didnt listen which is typical HBK, and thought he had enough clout with Vince to get his own well...oh well, again, his problem.

Same can be said about Austin? You think Austin is, at this stage of his life, able to perform better than Hulk Hogan?! LOL! PLEASE! Austin is one bump away from paralasys.