Lex Luger

GENE

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/3230/lexluger24le.th.jpg

Yes, i know in the last six years at least, Luger has been doped up,drunk and really awful in the ring but that doesn`t take away his legacy from the mid 1980`s to the mid 1990`s.In the 1980`s Luger was really hot down in the old Florida territory and held the Southern Title three times,before in January 1987 he decided to move to Atlanta and hook up with another brand of the NWA.In Atlanta he became a three time US champion , and arguably during his third US title run he had possibly the best US title run from the mid 80`s onwards (bar possibly Rick Rude`s in the early 1990`s) he eventually became WCW on numerous occasions and was a flop in the WWF and WBF.

So what is your opinion on Lex Luger?

My thoughts on Lawrence P. a.k.a Lex Luger?

I enjoyed his run in the NWA back when he first became a member of the Four Horseman. I enjoyed watching his matches against Ric Flair all the time. And I thought he and Barry Windham had potential to be one of the best tag teams of all time. His best days indeed was in Florida and in the NWA/WCW.

I was indeed a huge fan of Lex Lugers.He was the real deal.6'5" 275 lbs. Long hair,blue eyes,and not a shred of fat on him.Not like the craptacular wanna-bes we see today like Chris Masters.

Great body,great preformer,and could in fact wrestle very well for a man his size.He truly had what most wrestlers today doesnt have:The total package.

His run in the WWE was a total wash. The way the pushed him was awful.Walking around with Red,white,and Blue spandex riding around in a big bus promoting america was as gay as gay could be for anyone that should have been allowed to stomach.:evil And for his trouble what did he get in the WWE? Nothing. Not an IC title reign, not a tag title reign,and certainly not a World title reign either.

Over the years his issues with drugs and what went down with Ms.Elizabeth passing at his home some years back is not the way I choose to remember him. I choose to remember the glory years when Lex Luger was on top and the sky was the limit for him. I'm just glad that I can look back at those years with my collection to remind me just how special at one point in time he was to the sport of pro wrestling.:xyx

Edited by The Franchise
  • Like 1

The Lex Express was also the most expensive singles push ever by the WWF at the time. Lex just couldn't get himself over, or come to terms with his demons.

Legend has it that Wrestlemania X was to be the crowning moment for Lex but he showed up drunk the night before so McMahon put the strap on the more reliable and in truth more over Bret Hart.

The Lex Express was also the most expensive singles push ever by the WWF at the time. Lex just couldn't get himself over, or come to terms with his demons.

Legend has it that Wrestlemania X was to be the crowning moment for Lex but he showed up drunk the night before so McMahon put the strap on the more reliable and in truth more over Bret Hart.

Yes, I've heard that many a time before.

Watching old footage of Luger in Florida and in the NWA/Crockett promotions Luger was a really good talent, after he got over his "greeness" he really had some good matches with Flair, Sting and even Dusty, now I know some of the other guys will have carried him, but he wasn't all that bad. Before his motor cycle accident he was a fine talent, not great on the mic, but he was a solid heel in the NWA.

In the WWE he was okay, but not at his prime, and it was pretty downhill from there really. Shame what happened to a good talent really.

the night before WM X Luger got drunk and told a news reporter that McMahon was going to put the strap on him at WM and it was in the papers on the morning of WM so the main event was spoiled so they changed it and gave Bret the title instead.

Luger's finisher in WWE sucked donkey bits - the running forearm was a joke - it was meant to be because he had a metal plate in his arm, but it was so horrible to watch.

They tried their hardest to push him down our throats with the Lex Express, but it obviously failed as he never got the strap.

He wasn't horrible before he came to WWE, but he sucked big time since that period.