Wrestlemania Main Events

Y2James

Which has been the best main event at Wrestlemania?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which has been the best main event at Wrestlemania?

• Hulk Hogan & Mr. T vs Roddy Piper & Paul Orndorff
    • Hulk Hogan vs King Kong Bundy
    • Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant
    • Randy "Macho Man" Savage vs Ted DiBiase
    • Hulk Hogan vs Randy Savage
    • The Ultimate Warrior vs Hulk Hogan
    • Hulk Hogan vs Sgt. Slaughter
    • Hulk Hogan vs Sid Justice
    • Hulk Hogan vs Yokozuna
    • Bret "Hitman" Hart vs Yokozuna
    • Lawrence Taylor vs Bam Bam Bigelow
    • Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart
    • The Undertaker vs Sycho Sid
    • Steve Austin vs Shawn Michaels
    • Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs The Rock
    • Triple H vs The Rock vs Mick Foley vs Big Show
    • Steve Austin vs The Rock
    • Chris Jericho vs Triple H
    • Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar
    • Triple H vs Shawn Michaels vs Chris Benoit
    • Batista vs Triple H

I'd have to say Rock vs Austin at WM17 would take some serious beating

Other mentions would go to Hogan and Warrior at WM6 - obviously not a technically excellent, but the aura about these two at the time made it fantastic

Bret and HBK at WM12 purely for that fact that is was quite a feat at that time for two guys to for that long at a PPV. For me, they pulled it off fairly well

Lesnar and Angle was another classic at Wrestlemania 19. The match was well hyped, and had high expectations

More recently the triple threat at WM20 was perfectly worked and the crowd badly wanted Benoit to win the strap

Greatest Wrestlemania main event? Wrestlemania 4: A One man tournament to crown the 1st undisputed WWF champion. Randy Savage went through Butch Reed, Greg Valentine,the One Man Gang,and Ted Dibiase to become the true 1st undisputed champion. Not to mention there were alot of great great match ups throughout that tournament as well. That to me was indeed worth my time and money compared to most of the Wrestlemania's I've seen over the years as a whole.:xyx

Greatest Wrestlemania main event? Wrestlemania 4: A One man tournament to crown the 1st undisputed WWF champion. Randy Savage went through Butch Reed' date=' Greg Valentine,the One Man Gang,and Ted Dibiase to become the true 1st undisputed champion. Not to mention there were alot of great great match ups throughout that tournament as well. That to me was indeed worth my time and money compared to most of the Wrestlemania's I've seen over the years as a whole.[/quote']

Not really a main event if it's a tournament spread over the whole show, is it? ;)

If you were to say Savage vs DiBiase, then I'd probably agree. In fact, I've got that PPV on tape, might put it on later.

Other mentions would go to Hogan and Warrior at WM6 - obviously not a technically excellent' date=' but the aura about these two at the time made it fantastic[/quote']

It's why I voted for it. Once this match was built up, I couldn't wait for it to happen. Technically not the most gifted of wrestlers either of them, but the build up, the tension and the finish made it one of the most memorable WM matches of all time.

I said Shawn Michaels vs. Bret hart, some people probably thought i would pick this because of how many times i have said about it and in the similar threads. Two of the best wrestlers in pro wrestling history for an hour and what a match it was.

Not really a main event if it's a tournament spread over the whole show, is it? ;)

If you were to say Savage vs DiBiase, then I'd probably agree. In fact, I've got that PPV on tape, might put it on later.

Thats basically what I was saying out of the choices.Savage vs.Dibiase was my favorite of them all as well.

Do people actually like the Michaels vs. Bret Iron Man match? That match was horrible. It wasn't even the best Ironman match ever' date=' never mind the best Wrestlemania main event ever.[/quote']

Amazingly, yes we do.

Although the greatest Wrestlemania match wasn't a main event and that was Austin vs Hart, without a shadow of a doubt, it was absolutely perfect!

Greatest Wrestlemania main event? Wrestlemania 4: A One man tournament to crown the 1st undisputed WWF champion. Randy Savage went through Butch Reed' date=' Greg Valentine,the One Man Gang,and Ted Dibiase to become the true 1st undisputed champion. Not to mention there were alot of great great match ups throughout that tournament as well. That to me was indeed worth my time and money compared to most of the Wrestlemania's I've seen over the years as a whole.:xyx[/quote']

That is an awesome PPV. The whole idea of the tournament to me seemed obvious that Hogan would win, but then you had Ted Dibiase vs Randy Savage in the final. That proved me wrong especially with Hogan and Andre going out by Double DQ.

My personal favourite was the Stone Cold vs Rock match at Wrestlemania X-7. It was an awesome match that provided entertainment throughout, also with a very surprising ending. One match I did hate was the idea of a Tag Team match for the main event of Wrestlemania 1, it was an alright match but it should always be the Title defended as the Main event

For me Wrestle Mania X-7,Austin vs The Rock,the atmosphere ,the Astrodome,the heated feud these 2 man had.And the storytelling involved in it made it for me the greatest Wrestle Mania ,Maine Event.

Wrestle Mania VI- Warrior vs Hogan comes close to it,the thing that made this match special was the aura of the crowd ,not the wrestling.

Wrestle Mania 14 - Austin vs Michaels, great match.The crowning of a new era in wrestling.Michaeks retiring and everyone thinking it was the end of his career and Stone Cold winning the title and the beggining of the attitude era.

And last but not least WM XX Triple Threat,some good spots and wrestling and to top it off Benoit winning the belt for the 1st time in his carrer and what place better to do it that in the biggest stage of them all.

WM 14, Michaels vs Austin. That was the best main event ever.

DX-HBK, this was my favorite match with HBK because,A: he was a heel,B: Michaels was in DX, C: Michaels was cocky and a show off. I loved his character going into this one. And he was using everything on Austin even the cymbals from the band and he didn't get disqualified.

Austin in this match was great too. I loved the end with the blocking SCM and spinning Michaels around for the stunner. Austin was brawling and tossing Michaels around.

This match was great, it had DX-HBK vs Austin 3:16. A good brawl ending with the Austin Era beginning. And ending HBK's Era. Even though I hated the Tyson part of this match. I still liked the Tyson turning on HBK in the end, and punching him out after the match

HBK left lying in the ring with a Austin 3:16 shirt over his face.

I haven't seen every Wrestlemania (i'd love to see the iron man match between Bret Hart and Shawn Micheals at WM13) but from the events i have seen i'd go for Steve Austin vs The Rock at seventeen.

From what i remember though, the build-up to it wasn't great but unlike their bout at WM15, both guys were babyfaces so it was interesting to see who the crowd would favour but being in Texas they swayed with the rattlesnake.

Also the biggest heel turn in WWF(E) history.

pinmepayme.