Being Gay Isn't Cool

Jack

50 CENT insists there's no place for gay men in rap because the genre is too aggressive for homosexuals.

The rap superstar has nothing against gay men, but he can't foresee a time when a homosexual hip-hop star will make it big.

He says, "Being gay isn't cool - it's not what the music is based on. There's always been conflict at the centre of hip-hop, because it's all about which guy has the competitive edge, and you can't be that aggressive if you're gay.

"If being straight isn't your preference, well, that's up to you. But there's no successful men in hip-hop.

"I mean, some rappers are fruity, but they don't say they're gay out in the open."

I think he's right - a gay rapper wouldn't sell many records at all.

I don't think Q Boy would be too happy with all this...

http://www.twylyte.co.uk/qb.jpg

- The UK's hottest leading Gay Rapper and not shy by any means. Aged 25, Q Boy exudes confidence and a cocky nature that is both sexy and witty.

Check the title of his debut EP release - "Even The Women Like Him", Half Essex; half Spanish but 100% queer, Basildon born Q Boy started his career 3 years ago.

He has since gone on to promote and DJ at Pac-Man, the UK's only Gay Hip Hop club. As founder member of Gay Hip Hop collective Q-Fam, he has toured Gay Pride festivals during the summer 2003 and has had lots of press interest having featured in, Gay Times, The Independent, XY Magazine (US), Mixmag, Radio 1Xtra, Tracks (Germany TV), Channel 4's R:se and The Salon.

The EP is independently released and brings a much needed breath of fresh air to the current saturated Hip Hop scene. The UK having yet to have an openly Gay Rapper, Q Boy is the most successful to date. Q Boy says his appeal will not only apply to Gay men and women, but dare he say it - even straight men too!

Even the women like him!

Rob Halford of Judas Priest defied the heavy metal genre by coming out but it didn't effect his record sales.

It's difficult to predict whether the same could apply to hip-hop. I guess the artist would have to have a large fanbase and already have sold millions of albums before he could defy logic again.

Who knows? Gay Akon anyone? :lol

Rob Halford of Judas Priest defied the heavy metal genre by coming out but it didn't effect his record sales.

It's difficult to predict whether the same could apply to hip-hop. I guess the artist would have to have a large fanbase and already have sold millions of albums before he could defy logic again.

Who knows? Gay Akon anyone? :lol

Am I the only one who didnt know Rob Halford was gay? :?

50 CENT insists there's no place for gay men in rap because the genre is too aggressive for homosexuals

I find that funny! Gay men cant be aggressive? What about the art of the thing? People said white men couldnt be rappers and hip hop either.

He has since gone on to promote and DJ at Pac-Man, the UK's only Gay Hip Hop club.

Thank you for providing the funniest mental picture I'll ever imagine. Pac-Man the Gay Hip Hop club? Far too many jokes about running around looking to put some fruit in your mouth.