What would you change v/ TNA

Kaedon

If you could change anything about TNA, what would you do?

Jeff Jarrett- The company does not revolve around him, nor should it and I'll make him realize this by making him put people over without getting the victory back right away AND I'd make sure he lost a King Of The Mountain match just to put an exclamation point on it.

The Heavyweight division- Now that Jarrett would know his place, it would leave the division open for legit main eventers like Rhyno and Raven have their time in hte sun. Raven lacks in the ring, but he makes it up in psychology and promos and Rhyno is the exact opposite. These 2 guys, along with Jarrett could build the company up a very good heavyweight title division.

Hirings and firings- Quit trying to use failed WWE/WCW midcarders with no in ring ability.

Fire

Kip James

BG James

Konan

Jeff Hardy (not that he's not talented, but I dont see him as a legit main eventer)

Hire

Charlie Haas

Mark Jindrak

Sean O'Hare

Matt Morgan (developmental)

Ken Shamrock

CM Punk (if the WWE doenst still have him)

Chris Kanyon

"Entertainment"- If TNA tries to only appeal to their hardcore fan base who dont care about promo's they will not succeed. They need to find out who does have charisma and give them a mic.

I would add new X-Division tag teams and have them compete in a tournament for the newly Tag Team X-Division Tag Belts.

And I would get rid of the crap ''HeavyWeights'' like Kevin Nash,make Jarret never touch the NWA World Title again and bring new exciting Heavy Weights aka not WWE's leftovers.

:eek I was just about to post a thread like this after the WWE one I did... oh well atleast there is now one!

Fire Kevin Nash, Konan, Jeff Jarrett, Jeff Hardy, most of WWE rejects!

Hire CM Punk, Christian, Charile Haas, Jindrak and O'Hare (as a tag team)

Push AJ Styles, Chris Daniels, Abyss and Rhyno into title bracket

If you could change anything about TNA, what would you do?

Jeff Jarrett- The company does not revolve around him, nor should it and I'll make him realize this by making him put people over without getting the victory back right away AND I'd make sure he lost a King Of The Mountain match just to put an exclamation point on it.

The Heavyweight division- Now that Jarrett would know his place, it would leave the division open for legit main eventers like Rhyno and Raven have their time in hte sun. Raven lacks in the ring, but he makes it up in psychology and promos and Rhyno is the exact opposite. These 2 guys, along with Jarrett could build the company up a very good heavyweight title division.

Hirings and firings- Quit trying to use failed WWE/WCW midcarders with no in ring ability.

Fire

Kip James

BG James

Konan

Jeff Hardy (not that he's not talented, but I dont see him as a legit main eventer)

Hire

Charlie Haas

Mark Jindrak

Sean O'Hare

Matt Morgan (developmental)

Ken Shamrock

CM Punk (if the WWE doenst still have him)

Chris Kanyon

"Entertainment"- If TNA tries to only appeal to their hardcore fan base who dont care about promo's they will not succeed. They need to find out who does have charisma and give them a mic.

TNA isn't "entertainment", nor should they try and be. They are doing everything great right now. TNA need to further themselves from WWE's crappiness, which they are doing now.

Putting over the X Division, not pushing useless waste (aka generic muscke men) and not pushing everything to the heavyweight division.

TNA is geared for those fans who are tired of "entertainment" and want wrestking, not at its slow, crappy worse. If TNA continue recognizing Indy talent (like scooping up Abyss from IWA in Puerto Rico, and the incoming Nigel McGuinness)

If I was TNA, I would begin gearing Samoa Joe towards the NWA title, he is mega over now. If he was to continue undefeated to the title, and get to clean wins over Jarrett, he would be the MAN. The first time that person would not be Jarrett in three years.

:eek I was just about to post a thread like this after the WWE one I did... oh well atleast there is now one!

Fire Kevin Nash, Konan, Jeff Jarrett, Jeff Hardy, most of WWE rejects!

Hire CM Punk, Christian, Charile Haas, Jindrak and O'Hare (as a tag team)

Push AJ Styles, Chris Daniels, Abyss and Rhyno into title bracket

CM Punk is on a WWE Developmental Deal and will debut within the next few weeks

TNA isn't "entertainment", nor should they try and be. They are doing everything great right now. TNA need to further themselves from WWE's crappiness, which they are doing now.

Putting over the X Division, not pushing useless waste (aka generic muscke men) and not pushing everything to the heavyweight division.

TNA is geared for those fans who are tired of "entertainment" and want wrestking, not at its slow, crappy worse. If TNA continue recognizing Indy talent (like scooping up Abyss from IWA in Puerto Rico, and the incoming Nigel McGuinness)

If I was TNA, I would begin gearing Samoa Joe towards the NWA title, he is mega over now. If he was to continue undefeated to the title, and get to clean wins over Jarrett, he would be the MAN. The first time that person would not be Jarrett in three years.

No pro wrestling fed will last in the mainstream without guys giving good promos. If you try to appeal only to a small market, you will fail.

No pro wrestling fed will last in the mainstream without guys giving good promos. If you try to appeal only to a small market' date=' you will fail.[/quote']

There are alot of people who don't rely on good promos

They are the people who have stopped watching WWE due to boredom, or watch because they think there is nothing else out there.

Yes indeed good promos are needed, but the second the amount of non-wrestling time increases TNA will be floating in the wrong boat. They have a winning formula right now, they aren't trying to cater to die-hard WWE fans who want TNA to be another WWE, they are trying to cater to TRUE wrestling fans who are fed up with the mainstream product

In an ideal World, I would give the X-Division a super-push, and fire all the heavyweights basically.

But the problem with that is, on the whole, a star needs two things to succeed. The right look, and great charisma. Who do TNA have in the X Division like that? Daniels is about it really. Everyone else is either crap on the mic (AJ Styles, Matt Bentley) or ugly (Samoa Joe, Chris Sabin). In the mainstream, wrestling talent means nothng at all, which is where the probelm comes in for TNA.

They have NO good heavyweights, who could suceed in The E. Simple as. Jarrett couldn't, Monty Brown isn't good enough, Abyss is generally shocking in all areas. TNA need good heavyweights, who could be a big star, which is what they don't have.

Pushing great wrestling is all good, but it's not going to bring in big money, or massive PPV buys. It's the top tier wrestlers, like Triple H or Austin, who will bring in money, and that's who TNA need to search for.

There are alot of people who don't rely on good promos

They are the people who have stopped watching WWE due to boredom, or watch because they think there is nothing else out there.

Yes indeed good promos are needed, but the second the amount of non-wrestling time increases TNA will be floating in the wrong boat. They have a winning formula right now, they aren't trying to cater to die-hard WWE fans who want TNA to be another WWE, they are trying to cater to TRUE wrestling fans who are fed up with the mainstream product

Man this remeinds me of how underground metal heads consider their stuff to be "true metal" and whatever is in the mainstream is bad. Elticism at its finest right here folks. :roll "True" wrestling fans, what a ****ing joke.....

TNA is trying to establish itself as an alternative to the WWE now, however, to appeal to the MAINSTREAM FAN, they are going have some very charismatic guys rock the mic which they dont have right now. They have maybe 2 or 3 people who can and they need more if they want to sell themselves to advertisiors, which is the aim of this game to begin with. It's not about pleasing the fans, its not about competition, its about selling commercials, and if TNA wants to become big enough to get some good money behind them, spotfests alone wont do it.

TNA offers something that mainstream fans have never seen, unfilterd wrestling. The more time devoted to promos, the more they look like a VERY cheap ip of WWE

It's not about pleasing the fans, its not about competition, its about selling commercials, and if TNA wants to become big enough to get some good money behind them

Money BEHIND them is no problem. And what's this about not pleasing fans? That has to be the worse comment I have ever heard in the business. No matter what you might think, pleasing the people who then go out and spend money on companies is what wrestling is all about. WWE is just doing a bad job of that at the moment.

Edited by MrFill

TNA offers something that mainstream fans have never seen, unfilterd wrestling. The more time devoted to promos, the more they look like a VERY cheap ip of WWE

It's not about pleasing the fans, its not about competition, its about selling commercials, and if TNA wants to become big enough to get some good money behind them

Money BEHIND them is no problem. And what's this about not pleasing fans? That has to be the worse comment I have ever heard in the business. No matter what you might think, pleasing the people who then go out and spend money on companies is what wrestling is all about. WWE is just doing a bad job of that at the moment.

It has nothing to do with finding one group of fans and giving them what they want, its about trying to please all of the people all of time. Get large amounts of people in, and keep them in. Right now, they are only appealing to a small group. You're right, they have decent financial backing right now, but a .9 in the ratings wont get you a return very fast. If they dont start to pick up, their backer will leave them and then they're ****ed.

Edited by MrFill

It has nothing to do with finding one group of fans and giving them what they want' date=' its about trying to please all of the people all of time. Get large amounts of people in, and keep them in. Right now, they are only appealing to a small group. You're right, they have decent financial backing right now, but a .9 in the ratings wont get you a return very fast. If they dont start to pick up, their backer will leave them and then they're ****ed.[/quote']

TNA was LOSING money for two years before Panda went public with displeasure.

And that .9 came from only two days of advertising from Spike, so ratings of the Primetime special really hold no serious value, other than TNA's current audience is devote.

TNA was LOSING money for two years before Panda went public with displeasure.

And that .9 came from only two days of advertising from Spike, so ratings of the Primetime special really hold no serious value, other than TNA's current audience is devote.

No value? It means that thats how many people were watching. I wasnt just referring to the primetime rating, I mean thats where their average rating is around anyway, with a LOT MORE promotion. If their ratings dont go up significantly within 6 months, their sponsors will drop them. And the only way to do that is to try to appeal to more and more people as opposed to just saying "Look we have a bunch of talented crusierweights, isnt that cool?" Because the truth is, thats the only appealing factor about TNA to the average fan. The Heavyweight division is a joke as is the tag team division. If they want to get more people in, they need to fix the other problems as well.

First of all, put the title on Raven, Nash, or even Jeff Hardy. These are all big names that would people attracted to it. They would see a guy they knew, and want to see what they are doing.

The X division is doing very well, so I really wouldn't mess with it to much.

Taking the title off Jarrett is a must, as he just screams mediocre.

WWE's ratings are falling rapidly' date=' whats your excuse for that?[/quote']

Down relative to what? Both shows have been moved around and the average person is pretty stupid and sometimes cant find a show. I know TNA fans who knew about last Thursday's show and somehow still managed to forget it was on. People are stupid. While the WWE's ratings arent what they once were, the same can be said for the fans and the business itself. Smackdown and Raw still continue to be one of the top 2 shows in its age demographic, which is what advertisors care about the most.

No value? It means that thats how many people were watching. I wasnt just referring to the primetime rating' date=' I mean thats where their average rating is around anyway, with a LOT MORE promotion. If their ratings dont go up significantly within 6 months, their sponsors will drop them. And the only way to do that is to try to appeal to more and more people as opposed to just saying "Look we have a bunch of talented crusierweights, isnt that cool?" Because the truth is, thats the only appealing factor about TNA to the average fan. The Heavyweight division is a joke as is the tag team division. If they want to get more people in, they need to fix the other problems as well.[/quote']

Tag Division a joke? Can you say this while all there is in WWE is a whole bunch of singles wrestlers thrown together in green teams.

Dudley Boyz

AMW

The Naturalz

Team Canada (Young & Roode)

Those four teams alone make the tag division not suck.

As for the X Division, that says "Hey, we have something that is fresh and original"

If TNA try and be like another WWE they will fail, horribly. They need to establish themselves as an alternative, meaning something different. Adding a few good indy workkers to the tag division and heavyweight division as well as letting Monte Brown continue to evolve on the mic and in ring.

TNA needs to better thei overall wrestling and storyline of the fed, and they'll continue to grow

Those primetime special ratings are mostly irrelevant because the lack of hype. The closest thing to TNA's deciding show will be when RAW gets superceeded by the Westminister Dogshow and TNA gets there 3rd primetime special on a Monday Night.

There ratings have done nothing but increase on Spike, so unless they go stagnant for the next year (which, won't happen) they are perfectly fine.

Tag Division a joke? Can you say this while all there is in WWE is a whole bunch of singles wrestlers thrown together in green teams.

Dudley Boyz

AMW

The Naturalz

Team Canada (Young & Roode)

Smackdown has more tag teams than that, so whats your point? Oh wait, they are better because YOU say they're better because you are a "true" wrestling fan and I'm not because I dont kiss TNA's ass.

If TNA try and be like another WWE they will fail, horribly. They need to establish themselves as an alternative, meaning something different. Adding a few good indy workkers to the tag division and heavyweight division as well as letting Monte Brown continue to evolve on the mic and in ring.

I'm not saying copy the wwe. Perhaps they could come up with some new and original storylines, but for now, thats NOT happening.

TNA needs to better thei overall wrestling and storyline of the fed, and they'll continue to grow

They cant better their storylines if all they focus on is the wrestling

Those primetime special ratings are mostly irrelevant because the lack of hype. The closest thing to TNA's deciding show will be when RAW gets superceeded by the Westminister Dogshow and TNA gets there 3rd primetime special on a Monday Night.

What will be even funnier is when TNA gets beat out by the same Dog Show and the TNA marks will excuse it because "aww they are just starting so its ok for them to FAIL"

There ratings have done nothing but increase on Spike, so unless they go stagnant for the next year (which, won't happen) they are perfectly fine.

Actually IMPACT has consistantly gotten a .8 Im pretty sure. And if it has fluctuated either way, it wasnt been much.

Smackdown has more tag teams than that' date=' so whats your point? Oh wait, they are better because YOU say they're better because you are a "true" wrestling fan and I'm not because I dont kiss TNA's ass.[/quote']

Smackdown has twice as much TV time as Impact, or 3 times if you count Velocity, so therefore it should have twice or three times as much TV time for tag teams, which means it should have 2-3 times as many tag teams as TNA, right?

Smackdown has twice as much TV time as Impact' date=' or 3 times if you count Velocity, so therefore it should have twice or three times as much TV time for tag teams, which means it should have 2-3 times as many tag teams as TNA, right?[/quote']

Since when does TV time have anything to do with tag teams a fed pushes? Since when is YOUR opinion of how somethng should work the end all?

Since when does TV time have anything to do with tag teams a fed pushes? Since when is YOUR opinion of how somethng should work the end all?

Mine was a question - you see the little squiggly line at the end with the dot? It's a QUESTION MARK, it indicates a question.

nope

I'm pretty sure the first was a .6 then it has just raised consistently since then to a .8

The Dog Show is a big annual event with a loyale following, if they out do TNA in ratings it wont be because casual wrestling fans are watching it.

And I don;t think you quite realise, TNA aren't some fed that exploded onto the scene a month ago, they did it 2 years ago.

And ot of thows SD! tag teams, how many of them are actually good? How many of them can generate a MOTY candidate with each other? None.

Since not hammering down clients with written contracts they can easily get Indy talents. TNA, though nowhere close to competing with the WWE(and they shouldn;t fuss themselves over trying), have the potential to be a great company.

Dude, what the hell are you on about? He simply said Smackdown has three times as much time as Impact, so it's logical that they would have three times the tag team.

When they hell did pushes get involved?