Ric Flair for Champion?

Brad

Is it me, or has Ric Flair proven to you that he can at least have one more run with the world heavyweight title? I mean i think he is well over with the fans and he can still wrestle, do you think this could be a good idea? Your thoughts.

No way. As a wrestling fan, I would love to see it, but what would it make WWE look like? By having a 56 year old man as Champion is burying the rest of the roster without even having to do anything. How bad would it make the rest of the roster look?

no' date=' unfortunaty Ric Flair maybe a legend and had a great match at Taboo Tuesday, but one great match in about 3-4 years does not make him a WWE Title contender. I have said this before but Ric Flair should not be competing at the present moment[/quote']

I'm notjudging it on the match, i am judging it on why 50% of the reason Cena is champion which is that he is over.

No way should Flair be in the ring never mind hold the title, his ring work is sloppy and clumsy due to his age and broken down body... put the title on him and it would be a disater.

I'd prefer to see a much younger guy get the title and have a run, not old guys like Flair

But we all saw it as a disaster when cena had the belt, and Cena got the belt because of merchandise and overness, Ric Flair has the overness and better in ring skills so why is he being degraded more then Cena.

But we all saw it as a disaster when cena had the belt' date=' and Cena got the belt because of merchandise and overness, Ric Flair has the overness and better in ring skills so why is he being degraded more then Cena.[/quote']

Simply becuase he is old and only is over because of his rep from the past, his current in ring abilitys are woeful to say the least and it IMO.

The reason fans cheer is becuase they remember the old falir, the same with Hogan really

In a word - No!

Putting the strap on Flair would be a HUGE mistake if you think of how many people have beaten him, this includes mid-carders.

He's currently the IC Champ, which is a joke in itself, but he should either be used as a mouthpiece or to put people over, rather than trying to push him and going over the up and coming talent.

I mean i can see the point and a year ago i thought it was a disgrace Flair wrestling, but since that i have seen worse this year then i don't see it as much as a problem. I mean yeah deep down he shouldn't even be IC Champ, but he is, and Cena shouldn't be world champ, but he is, I could just see it being a good idea even if it is like for one week, i can see though that i am making it look like i am talking rubbish lol, but i agreed with everyone else on here last year.

The time for Flair to have one last title reign was the night after Bad Blood 2003 when HHH had just escaped from Kevin Nash by DQing himself and Nash got vengeance by powerbombing him through the announce table leaving Trips "injured" the next night on RAW. Flair was given a title shot and played face for the night and everything would have been perfect for a last fling one-week title run. It could have worked perfectly, but they chose not to do it (probably never even considered it) setting up a Hell in a Cell match instead.

At this stage I doubt it would work. Flair can still work a half-decent match but only with an opponent who is aware of his (Flair's) limitations e.g. HHH, Angle or HBK. But with a wrestler as bad as Cena as WWE Champion, who knows?

It's you :xyx

Flair should be used for putting over mid card talent or just as a manager in my eyes.

I can start to see my stupidity come through now, i always used to think like that about him since has has been back but i really thought that if cena is champ then why can't flair, apologies for the thread.

I'm not to sure. Flair could have been champion 2 years ago, but nothing went ahead. I just think Ric Flair is best to stick with the Intercontinental Title, and Main Event matches at the absolute maximum. With all the upcoming stars, it would seem a waste to make Ric Flair a 17 time World Champion when some people haven't been a 1 time World Champion.