Styles Permanent?

Citizen Kane

From pwinsider

At this point in time, Styles will be doing Monday's live Raw and the taping on 11/13. Beyond that, nothing has been decided. Styles has made it very clear that he has a great career outside of wrestling so WWE will have to make a strong offer to get him to sign with WWE. Since Vince McMahon doesn't want Jim Ross in the announce chair any more, Styles is his best available option. It's pretty much common knowledge that the announce team of Coach and Jerry Lawler can't effectively sell the product. If WWE doesn't sign Styles, it would not surprise me to see Ross end up back on TV in a scenario reminiscent of the season of Dallas where all the bad storylines "were just a bad dream".

What we can take from this is that Coach and Lawler didn't work and they're not bringing JR back. Everyone backstage at Taboo Tuesday was saying how great Styles and Lawler did. And since Joey didn't say anything stupid on Tuesday, he could have a place there.

I also would like to see Styles in the seat as for me Coach just does not cut it, the gimmic of the stupid heel announcer does not work for me on play by play if he was just doing colour commentry then it would be Ok but for play by play you need someone who doesn't say things that look too dumb like coach says and for me heels need to be 100 % of what they are saying and for me what Coach says seems like he thought about it for 10 seconds to make sure it was heel before he says it.

to be honest i think its a good time for him to come in, think about it, he wouldnt be able to replace JR because JR is the best at was he does, and Michael Cole & Tazz make a surprisngly good team so what would he be doing, velocity? Heat? na bringing him in now is the best time to do it.

I'd prefer to see Styles doing the play by play and The Coach doing colour. The King's to much of a face to be by his side, that's why I think Lawler and Jim Ross became stale. All the great announce duo's have had a face doing the play by play and a heel doing colour: Vince/Ventura, Monsoon/Ventura, Heenan/Monsoon, Vince/The King, whilst combos such as Monsoon/Piper, Hayes/Mooney and Vince/Savage were crap.

I wouldn't read too much into them. During the promo video at the begining of Taboo Tuesday, the grizzly voiced dude did say the Batista/Coach match was still about getting Jim Ross' job back. Of course during the match it wasn't mentioned once.

I assume they had planned to continue the angle with Batiata involved, but they scrapped it at the last minute. Hence why the promo video and the ad were made saying "Jim Ross..........blah blah blah!