Best movie ever?

Nemesis Enforcer

I saw the worse movie ever thread and thought what is the best movie ever in your opinion

Tremors is my fave movie of all time... I have seen it 109 times and from the first time I thought this is it movies don't get better and to this day I haven't found oen that has lol

what are your faves???

(ps. if this has been done ebfore please close this thread and I am sorry for the mistake!!)

Inno... just because it has the mum from Spy Kids naked... Rosario Dawson, Brittney Murphy, Alexis Bleidl (sp?), Jessica Alba and more in it does not make it the greatest movie ever....

However it is still bloody ace...

For me however it has to be from a childhood prespective 'The Goonies' and from an adult perspective...

Christ I don't know...

I love Hellboy, X Men 1 and 2, Spiderman 1 and 2, all of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Constantine and Dogma...

Plus Hellboy and Batman Returns, Batman and Batman Begins...

Scarface, or The Godfather.

Another which I saw a long time ago, but didn't pay much attention to, is Carlito's Way. I didn't like it the first time I saw it, but it's been on twice in a few months, and it is one seriously good film, especially the ending, which is one of the best I've ever seen ia film to be honest.

I love Hellboy, X Men 1 and 2, Spiderman 1 and 2, all of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Constantine and Dogma...

Plus Hellboy and Batman Returns, Batman and Batman Begins...

You like it that much? :D

http://static.flickr.com/27/35337007_d156e64635.jpg

Anyways, favorite movie of all time has to be Terminator 2, but recenlty Sin City, Batman Begins, and most of the other comic book movies, because I'm a bit of a comic book nerd. :)

The best movie ever......EVER! can be summed up in three words:

Freddy Got Fingured

The three words you are looking for are 'overrated mediocre crap'.

I thought it was funny in places, but the style of humour is so one way that it could only appeal to a small segment of the population.

Its like my view on sitcoms, I always found The League of Gentlemen the funniest, but its not the best purely becouse Only Fools and Horses, for example, is able to appeal to a bigger audiance. There is humour to be found regardless of how old you are, be it 8 or 88.

Not to say that mainstream appeal is what makes a film or TV show 'good' as filming, acting, scripts ect also come into it. And in all those places FGF falls down badly.

Oh, my favorite film is Its a Beautiful Life.:D

The three words you are looking for are 'overrated mediocre crap'.

Don't be silly. Freddy Got Fingered was critically panned. It even won the 'Raspberry' award (the opposite to the oscars) So there is no way on earth this film is overrated. Mediocre and crap are a matter of opinion, all be it a bad one ;)

I love Freddy Got Fingered because it's so damn ridiculous. Much like another favourite of mine, 'DUDE! Where's my car?'

Freddy Got Fingered is the biggest joke Tom Green ever played. He came up with a ridiculous script and filmed a terrible movie that was meant to be so absurd and offensive that it would create a media buzz. I personally found some of it funny in the same way that I could find something like Manos: The Hands Of Fate funny. I'm laughing at it, not with it.

Carlito's Way was a great call by Jack, because I actually prefer that film more than Scarface. It's more of a human story with real conflict. Carlito knows everything about the business is terrible. It corrupted and killed his best friend. He's had enough. He tries everything he can to leave, he tries to be a nice guy. But being that nice guy isn't even enough to save himself. He didn't have to help Sean Penn's character out with the "favour", but he did because he was being a nice guy seeing his end of the deal through. He didn't have to let Benny Blanco from The Bronx live, but he wanted to be different to the old Carlito. It's a stunning film and De Palma's work is seriously under rated here. I prefer it to Scarface and would call it a 10/10 film, but not everyone agrees.

I have two different kind of favourites though. Some that I enjoy on a personal level, like Dumb And Dumber or Commando, and some that everyone should watch and admire like Goodfellas or Godfather parts 1 and 2. I think that I could sit here all day and name the films that I find excellent. Some you'd all agree with, some you'd hate. Goodfellas is probably right at the top of that pile, because I'm struggling to think of a more epic film that contains so many other fantastic performances from cast and crew with a stunning plot. It's just that good.

Braveheart

Gladiator

Man On Fire

Jerry Maguire

Rocky

Leon

Angels With Dirty Faces

Shenandoah

Hondo

Apocalypse Now

Giant

Citizen Kane

To Kill a Mockingbird

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Shawshank Redemption

Papillion

Brubaker

Cool Hand Luke

I could go on and on, but these films stand out as great cinema.

man I'm gonna be here a while... here it goes

Azumi

Shawshank redemption

Battle Royale

Ghost in the shell

Police Story1 and 2

My Lucky Stars (Jackie Chan and Sammo in one early 80's comedy kung fu flick has to rule)

American Pie Trilogy

Original Star wars Trilogy

Seven

Coyote Ugly

Valiant

Neon genesis evangelion(series and both movies)

Snatch

Lock Stock and 2 smoking barrels

The Longest Yard

Sin City

Saving Private Ryan

American History X

Mrs Doubtfire

Good Morning Vietnam (Best Robin Williams movie ever)

Austin Powers Trilogy

Fight Club

Usual Suspects

Reservoir Dogs

Pulp Fiction

Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2

all Bruce Lee movies

Coffy.

Gladiator

Spirited Away (if you only watch one Anime movie this is the one I'd recommend)

Edited by Anime Otaku

Inno... just because it has the mum from Spy Kids naked... Rosario Dawson' date=' Brittney Murphy, Alexis Bleidl (sp?), Jessica Alba and more in it does not make it the greatest movie ever....[/quote']

But it certainly boots it up the list :P

I think it's the perfect movie as I'm familiar with a) the Graphic Novels and b) Frank Miller's style and Sin City (movie) faithfully reproduces, if not improves upon both.

Mickey Rourke as Marv just nails one of the greatest characters in modern comic history, and not one role is mis-cast, not even Clive Owen - spook!

My top 5, incidentally:

1. Sin City

2. Die Hard

3. The Blues Brothers

4. The Big Lebowski

5. The Usual Suspects