My Thoughts on FCW (at the moment) and Rant.....

FCWRalphy

First of all my birthday announcement was appreciatted, so thank you marie :)

it REALLY and i mean REALLY pains me to say this, but i wasnt impressed with any of the show last night, or the past few shows. I am a huge fan of Jack Storm, Morales and spuds work in particular, and the past few shows that they all havent been on together havent been anywhere near the quality fcw where producing in early 2005/all of 2004. i am under the impression that all 3 workers where free to wrestle that day, so why leave 3 very gifted workers off the card?

I am very very greatful for all the warm welcomings i am always given by all of fcw as this has helped me overcome alot over the few years such as my stammer which isnt anywhere near as bad now, non prescription drug addiction (summer 04) and on and off manic depression aswell as the ibs. All of your friendships are greatly appreciatted as i dread to think what i would be like now without you all

Which brings me to this

I am doing this to try and improve fcw in everyway for what i feel is right, as i am now getting older i have to consider the future about moving on and such due to work etc

Wrestling in itself (not just fcw, but wwe etc) has really been getting stale to me as a person for over a year now and i was really having faith in fcw 2 keep my passion alive which it was until the past few months it really hasnt been that great at all

In a nutshell i would like to see these guys brought back to the cards of fcw again asap, as it really, really is suffering without them

Im afraid if it continues like this fcw may lose its #1 fan :( :(

Very forthright of you there, Ralphy.

I honestly thought, after just reading the Halloween Hell thread, "Am I missing something? Was I at a different show?" I understand that people are loathe to criticise, and appreciate their reasons why (although I won't go into that now), but it has seemed to me that FCW has a lot of happy-clappers, so, although it may be merely seen as a poxy post on a message board by some, that must've taken an amount of guts, and I admire the fact that you have elected to wear your heart on your sleeve in this instance.

Don't give up on FCW. I wasn't particularly taken by Sunday's event either (in fact, for me, it was the weakest show I've seen at Baggeridge), but then there were shows earlier this year that left me cold, and the guys rebounded and put on a cracking run of events throughout the summer (June, July & August). We're amidst another valley right now; there's another peak on the way. I've been saddened by the lack of Jack & Morales in particular ('tis no secret that I'm the biggest Morales fan breathing air), but I've taken solace in the fact that Dragon Phoenix has been consistently fantastic ever since his return.

I haven't watched WWE in over 2 years, and around this time last year I started to get seriously bored with ROH, and haven't watched them since (I'd been a fanatic since the debut show).

My advice is to do what I've done periodically during my wrestling fandom- buy a single tape/DVD from, say, 5 or 6 different promotions that you've never watched before (something radically different to what you're used to) eg. 1 Lucharesu fed (Dragon Gate, Osaka Pro etc), 1 US Indie (Chikara, PWG), 1 Puro fed (NOAH, Zero One), perhaps some MMA. Leave any pre-conceptions at the door, and just see if anything grabs you. You'll find that developing a love for a new style of wrestling will also reinvigorate (by way of contrast) your attitude towards the stuff you've grown tired of, even if you don't watch it as frequently.

In short: It happens to all of us, mate. Keep the faith!

I can also echo the comments of what i have seen the past couple of shows, even though i was not at baggeridge by looking at the results i doubt the show would have been a top one. There was only 5 matches for starters, with the majority seemed to be one half of a tag team against another half thus having no real meaning apart from the main event. The referees have a underlying storyline going on but some wrestlers do not?!! :eek

Many of the happy clappers are fcw trainees and never say anything bad about the promotion, now im not into running things down all the time but negative should be pointed out just like the positive.

At the saddlers club there was no jack storm, moralez or spud. At baggeridge there was no jack storm, moralez, BBS, saul adams, laken xander or spud and i feel that the shows suffered for this.

Hopefully FCW can get back to where they were in the summer and put on good quality shows once more ! :thumbsup

it REALLY and i mean REALLY pains me to say this, but i wasnt impressed with any of the show last night, or the past few shows. I am a huge fan of Jack Storm, Morales and spuds work in particular, and the past few shows that they all havent been on together havent been anywhere near the quality fcw where producing in early 2005/all of 2004. i am under the impression that all 3 workers where free to wrestle that day, so why leave 3 very gifted workers off the card?

No offence, but do you really know why they weren't there? Are you specualting that they were free? As good as those 3 can be (apart from Moralez who i can't warm to), I really think they there are far better on the FCW roster.

Wrestling in itself (not just fcw, but wwe etc) has really been getting stale to me as a person for over a year now and i was really having faith in fcw 2 keep my passion alive which it was until the past few months it really hasnt been that great at all

You'll find that everyone goes through this, at least the other fans I know. It won't matter how good the wrestling is, you just won't enjoy it.

Many of the happy clappers are fcw trainees and never say anything bad about the promotion, now im not into running things down all the time but negative should be pointed out just like the positive.

Im sorry for whoever says the fcw trainees are happy clappers yeah we do clap cause we know what kind of stuff they are doing to trying to do to make you enjoy the show. Yeah a negative should be pointed out into a postive. We trainees may not know the full in and outs of the business but know when we respect it and show a passion for it. It's our lives so if u want to bad mouth what FCW come to a training session and see how we do all try and bust our asses off to hopefully one to be on a show that you will prob sit there and bad mouth anyway. Also Saul Adams was injured and BBS was ill.

I really think they there are far better on the FCW roster.

like who ? blade, kevin oneil ? marc hogan :roll Not being funny but your in the minority if you cant 'warm' to moralez. He is one of the best heels FCW has !!!

Edited by john??

like who ? blade' date=' kevin oneil ? marc hogan :roll Not being funny but your in the minority if you can 'warm' to moralez. He is one of the best heels FCW has !!![/quote']

i think it comes down to personal opinion rly, we all have wrestlers we like and dislike.

i do rly miss the tag team division tho, at one point it used to be amazing having seen some of the old WAR Production video's, but lately it hasnt been that great!

it would never happen in a million years but i would have loved to see the party boys live :(

yeah the party boys are being sorely missed, but jack storm and dragon phoenix were having a good feud with awesome matches, then it just fizzled out !?!?

i think fcw need a new face tag team to spice things up.

Im sorry for whoever says the fcw trainees are happy clappers yeah we do clap cause we know what kind of stuff they are doing to trying to do to make you enjoy the show. Yeah a negative should be pointed out into a postive. We trainees may not know the full in and outs of the business but know when we respect it and show a passion for it. It's our lives so if u want to bad mouth what FCW come to a training session and see how we do all try and bust our asses off to hopefully one to be on a show that you will prob sit there and bad mouth anyway. Also Saul Adams was injured and BBS was ill.

Well said. Lets face it not everyone is going to be able to respect what people like Marc Hogan a Jay Icon a spud can do because they dont know what it is like to be in the ring. When Icon landed face first on sunday all props to him for being able to carry on. You probally wouldnt know what it's like to take a bump within that ring.

As TGR said Wrestling is our passion and if we seem to be a bunch of Happy clappers then good for you we're happy clappers but we know what we like and what we dont like. And to quote Alex Shane one something, "if you dont like it you can do two things nothing and like it!"

like who ? blade, kevin oneil ? marc hogan Not being funny but your in the minority if you cant 'warm' to moralez. He is one of the best heels FCW has !!!

Actually yes, as far as heels go i'd pick both Kevin O'Neil, Rob Hunter and Celt Kennedy over Jack Storm and Moralez anyday. The people I sit with by the bar agree as well.

Each to their own. :D

In my opinion alot of people percieve 4play as the "main" rather than "best" heels in FCW purely due to their persistant presence in the main event and Rob Hunters continuous title reign. The latter im pleased about as im a fan of Rob Hunter.

Im sure if Jack Storm & Moralez were substituted in more main event, 4play type matches the main event spectrum would be more entertaining and interesting.

During the time i have been following FCW - which admittingly isnt as long as some - there rarely seems to be fresh faces in the main events, with the exception of Bouncers recent sky rocket to a title shot which is a refreshing change.

Well said. Lets face it not everyone is going to be able to respect what people like Marc Hogan a Jay Icon a spud can do because they dont know what it is like to be in the ring. When Icon landed face first on sunday all props to him for being able to carry on. You probally wouldnt know what it's like to take a bump within that ring.

As TGR said Wrestling is our passion and if we seem to be a bunch of Happy clappers then good for you we're happy clappers but we know what we like and what we dont like.

If FCW were a bunch of friends setting up a ring in a rented hall and working together to improve, I could see the validity of this argument, but I’m afraid its relevance to the subject at hand is completely lost on me. This loses all relevance the moment that they advertise to the general public & start charging for admission.

To reconcile this with the original point Ralphy was making: you eat at a restaurant every week for a year, then one week you receive your meal with no vegetables, despite the kitchen being fully stocked, and at no reduction in cost. Your meat is undercooked. Do you forego your right to express dissatisfaction on the grounds that you yourself are not a gourmet chef?

Alternatively, you go to Old Trafford, say, 10 times a year. You pay £30 in January to watch Van Nistelrooy, Rooney, Van Der Saar & Giggs beat Newcastle 2-0. The next time you manage to get a ticket (say, in March), you pay £30 again to watch another 2-0 victory, this time over Sunderland, but with Smith, Saha, Howard & Fortune playing ahead of the aforementioned, who are not are injured, but sitting on the bench. Sure, you’re satisfied with the win, but you’ll no doubt leave the ground thinking of what the score may have been had a full strength team been playing, especially if it’ll be another couple of months until you see them again.

While Darren Fletcher may be a superior footballer to each & every season ticket holder in the Stretford End, those who have paid their money (and watched football for decades) would rightfully prefer to see Roy Keane start in his place because, while Keane may not have the engine or stamina of Fletcher, he is a superior player in every other department.

Actually yes, as far as heels go i'd pick both Kevin O'Neil, Rob Hunter and Celt Kennedy over Jack Storm and Moralez anyday. The people I sit with by the bar agree as well.

Each to their own. :D

oh it makes me laugh

looks like someone needs this >:help

Being fair i think all the heels do there job pretty well. for example Kev seems to have a cocky but tough attuide. Celt is a great wrestler and has a persona which is good to see and Rob hunter could be viewed as the typical Heel champion. But i believe that all of the above share one thing which like Jack Storm and Moralez, they are all damn good on the microphone as well as good in the ring and getting there personas over to the fans.

But you guys need to think about it like this Jack Storm is also working for FWA and other permotions around the UK. I Believe that both Rob hunter and Moralez work mostly out of the West midland area.

However you cant really say that one wrestler is better than the other because they each do one job, thats upset the face fans and get booed ect. Just remember this

oh it makes me laugh

looks like someone needs this >

It's called an opinion, Dusty Finish likes Marc Hogan, whilst you may not.

Personally i think PL4Y are better than Jack and Morales, but you don't.

I think British Connection are a better tag team than Devils Advoacte, you may not.

I like John Cena, you may not.

I like Simon Dean, you may not.

Doesn't mean i'm wrong and need help, tut.

jack storm and moralez are not as good as fourplay ?? :D

celts not to bad, he aint the best wrestler but he gets heat. kev oneil ? moralez and jack storm get more heat than him just by the fact of actually interacting with the crowd in their matches !

gotta agree with the humdinger here, I'd choose fourplay over Moralez/Jack anyday.

celts not to bad, he aint the best wrestler but he gets heat. kev oneil ? moralez and jack storm get more heat than him just by the fact of actually interacting with the crowd in their matches !

You don't get to see much FCW do ya? :D barby!

Lets not forget the judge, who is a better heel than most.

Yeah sure, I miss Jack Spud and Morales but only as much as i miss Brock Lesnar, Bret Hart and Christian!

The fact remains that wrestlers will come and go in any federation, especially the independants where unfortunately money talks and wrestlers have to make as much of a living as possible.

don't get bummed just because a few guys have left.. there's still plenty of talent left to entertain and whilst some aren't as good as others, they do try their best!:xyx

just look at damien grant at the halloween show:devil . before that night i was ready to write him off but dragon phoenix bought the best out of him!:worship

fcw will always rule, what else are you gonna do on the last sunday of every month?