Anderton sacked and Foulkes quits whats left?

GENE

Official statement

Statement from Heart of Midlothian plc

Heart of Midlothian plc today announces that with immediate effect Phil Anderton has ceased to be a director and the chief executive. George Foulkes has resigned as a director, also with immediate effect, and has been replaced as chairman by Roman Romanov. Roman Romanov also fills on a temporary basis the role of acting chief executive pending a further appointment.

From http://www.heartsfc.co.uk

Theres a difference with owning the club and overruling EVERYTHING about the club. He's just meant to sit back and count the pennies, not try to do everything himself. He's lost himself a good manager and his staff are walking out or being sacked. Ah well, this is the man who believes Hearts should have 11 Lithuanian players on the pitch.

im sorry for jumping to conclusions but i read "Anderson Sacked Foulkes quits" and im my stupidity thought it said Folkes Quit and thought you were talking about Christian quitting and WWE sacking Arn Anderson, sorry again for jumping to conlusions.

im sorry for jumping to conclusions but i read "Anderson Sacked Foulkes quits" and im my stupidity thought it said Folkes Quit and thought you were talking about Christian quitting and WWE sacking Arn Anderson' date=' sorry again for jumping to conlusions.[/quote']

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6527/cookie1eu.jpg

By Kenny MacDonald

GLASGOW, Nov 1 (Reuters) - Vladimir Romanov, the Lithuanian owner of Hearts, is behaving like a dictator and could spark revolution at the Scottish Premier League club, the former chairman said on Tuesday.

Chairman George Foulkes and chief executive Phil Anderton left Hearts on Monday, 10 days after the Edinburgh club parted company with manager George Burley who had taken Hearts to the top of the league.

New chairman Roman Romanov, son of Vladimir, asked the club's fans to judge his family on results in 12 months' time, not on the "unpalatable" events of the past fortnight.

"It is extraordinary," Foulkes told BBC radio. "Vladimir Romanov...and his son spent Saturday evening, Sunday evening and Monday morning trying to twist my arm to agree to sacking Phil Anderton, our chief executive.

"They gave us no reason...I refused and I said that if they pressed ahead with it, then I was going to resign.

"I brought in Vladimir Romanov and I'm regretting that very much now...Vladimir Romanov is behaving like a dictator and if he continues to do that then there will be a revolution against him.

"I'm still regretting that we were bounced in to sacking George Burley. I think that was a big mistake."

Hearts led the Premier League until they suffered a 1-0 defeat by Hibernian at the weekend.

CONTROLLING STAKE

Romanov, who also owns Lithuania's Kaunas club, took a controlling stake in Hearts in February and won support from the fans by announcing the team would stay at their Tynecastle home instead of moving to an out-of-town development.

Hearts roared to the top of the league after collecting eight straight wins and a draw in their opening nine games of this season under Burley. They beat Rangers, drew at Celtic and looked set to break the Glasgow stranglehold on the title.

However, events in the past two weeks have shaken the club. On Oct. 21, Romanov announced he wanted to take the stock exchange-listed club private by increasing his stake to more than 90 percent.

Hours later, as unbeaten Hearts prepared for a league game at Dunfermline, Burley abruptly left the club which cited irreconcilable differences.

The manager was reported to be upset by Romanov's hands-on approach and revealed two players had been signed without Burley ever seeing them.

Foulkes told BBC Radio Scotland: "He (Romanov) is a very mercurial character...one minute charming and lavishing people with gifts, then he's raging."

Romanov's son said his father was acting in the best long-term interest of Hearts.

"Sometimes in order to continually progress it is necessary to take action that may seem impalatable at the time," Roman Romanov told the club's website.

"In the short term many people will ask why. However, we ask our fans to judge us on the results."

"We would ask fans to look back 12 months ago and judge where we were then and where we are now in terms of where we play, our position in the league and the undoubted quailifyt of our players.

"That's why we are keen that people do not view us on the next 12 hours, 12 days or 12 weeks, but rather judge us on the next 12 months."

© Reuters 2005. All Rights Reserved.

Saw this on google and thought you might be interested in it.

di you have to critisise everything and anything with stupid childish pictures Inno' date=' grow up![/quote']

Could you just stop posting in every thread on the site? If not for me, for the others who are no doubt sick of it. I'm pretty tired of seeing threads that having nothing to do with you or don't need your opinions, yet you can't wait to tell everyone your thoughts even if you know they'll cause trouble. If you're not posting in the efed when you're not a member, you're talking about a lot of irrelevant crap in the UK Scene.

A thread won't die because you don't reply to it. If it doesn't concern or interest you, don't post. Cut out the flaming too, this isn't the first time you've done it.

Could you just stop posting in every thread on the site? If not for me, for the others who are no doubt sick of it. I'm pretty tired of seeing threads that having nothing to do with you or don't need your opinions, yet you can't wait to tell everyone your thoughts even if you know they'll cause trouble. If you're not posting in the efed when you're not a member, you're talking about a lot of irrelevant crap in the UK Scene.

A thread won't die because you don't reply to it. If it doesn't concern or interest you, don't post. Cut out the flaming too, this isn't the first time you've done it.

Speaking of which:

Mouse, cat, dog, the, ant...don't ask

do you have to critisise everything and anything with stupid childish pictures Inno' date=' grow up![/quote']

No, I don't. I just like too.

Anyway, here's a shocker - ON TOPIC~~~!

I haven't seen a football club shoot themselves in the foot so well since... well, the last time Celtic did it. Romanov is clearly very passionate about his investment, but does seem to be a borderline basket-case. I wonder how long it is until he or his son picks the team officially.

do you have to critisise everything and anything with stupid childish pictures Inno' date=' grow up![/quote']

It's the highpoint of some threads.

An Inno post can often turn a rubbish thread into something of genius - or in some cases, a rubbish post into a thing of genius. :)

Well they're doing a good job of scaring off potential managers.

Bobby Robson has stated he would has serious misgivings taking the Hearts job after Phil Anderton was sacked. It was anderton he spoke to Robson about the vacancy. Robson has gone public stating that Anderton really sold the club to him. I guess the desicion to get rid of anderton has changed all that now.

I really would not be surpried to see a Lituanian take charge of Hearts in the next few weeks.

I feel sorry for Hearts fans. Here they are in the best postion they have been in since 1986. Yet there owner seems insistant on trying to mess it up. Yet if it were not for Romanov, would they be in the postion that they are in now?

The next few weeks could be intresting for Hearts and the SPL.

Being an Oxford fan, I offer my sympathies to all Herts fans. We had Rix for far too long, and he was absolutely rubbish, and just wouldn't leave.

How the board have thought Rix was better than Scala, Robson, and Ranieri, I haven't a clue.