The Conman

JobberJoe

Well Rob Conway over the past few weeks has been taking a lot of anger out on the poor WWE legends... is it just me or does that sound like a rather familiar gimmick... a legend killer gimmick... hmmm, where have I heard that one before ? Odd because Randy Orton is still being called the "legend killer" over on Smackdown... couldn't the writers of at least ended his gimmick and moved it onto Conway or something instead of having the same idea going on at once... Unless it will lead to a battle of the legend killers at Wrestlemania...

So what's your thoughts on Conway's legend killer gimmick... better or worse than Orton ? Who should win if they ever did come toe to toe... any other random thoughts (random... but on topic randomness !)...

any Gimmick is better than his "Con Man" gimmick, i mean how many times have you seen him "Con" someone, i can answer that for you, never.

anyway his "anger at legends" thing is similar to Ortons but Killing a Legend is when Orton RKO'd them or Spat in there face, Conways thing is just beating them in a match if that makes sense.

I actually think its a great gimmick, and actually better than Orton's "Legend Killer" gimmick, plus it uses some of the past legends on WWE TV which is nice to see them involved. I swear when I watched Greg "The Hammer" Valentie last week he looked like he did 20 years ago, albeit a few more wrinkles, but his style and in ring work hadn't changed alot, so its good to see the WWE use these guys.

Why do you hate all the new guys? you only seem to like the dead ones. I don't know if he's dead. But wait, do you like The Undertaker? :P

Here's an example:

Curt Hennig, Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, The Rock, Kurt Angle, HHH, The Legion Of Doom (Hawk), Demolition(?), The Ultimate Warrior, Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith, Crash Holly, Hardcore Holly, The Big Bossman, The Undertaker <---, Ted DiBiase, Roddy Piper, Macho Man

Rob Conway isnt new he's been there since 2003 (actually since 2000 if you count OVW) and i actually liked him in La Resistance, whats wrong with not liking his current gimmick?

Demolition(?)

all of Demoltion are still alive including Origianal Smash.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/r/randy-culley.html

Edited by Ryan

Why do you hate all the new guys? you only seem to like the dead ones. I don't know if he's dead. But wait, do you like The Undertaker? :P

Here's an example:

Curt Hennig, Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, The Rock, Kurt Angle, HHH, The Legion Of Doom (Hawk), Demolition(?), The Ultimate Warrior, Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith, Crash Holly, Hardcore Holly, The Big Bossman, The Undertaker <---, Ted DiBiase, Roddy Piper, Macho Man

Its called have a favourite, we all have them. Dead or Alive it doesn't really matter, everyone is entitled to thier favourite.

-EDIT: It might actually go to prove that the stars of previous years were actually much more enteraining than the stars of today.

Edited by Dan

Here's an example:

*Hint* The Undertaker isn't dead.

-EDIT: It might actually go to prove that the stars of previous years were actually much more enteraining than the stars of today.

its true, but some arrogant people (i.e WWE & Fletch) dont actually bother to realise that i liked all of the highlighted names that WWE did before they actually died, but they still seem to mock me for liking them because their dead, probably because they have nothing better to do.

BACK ON TOPIC!

sorry Darkstar i was posting at the same time you posted this, i agree can we please get back on topic.

I'm a fan of Rob Conway and is current gimmick is decent.

His current gimmick of beating on 'legends', plus a feud within a feud with Eugene, is good and could help him get over but it won't if he has to continue having these matches on Heat instead of RAW.

Conway is a natural heel but surely he should start 'conning' people?

A few wins over some of the upper-card babyfaces by using the ropes and a snidy chair-shot behind the ref's back would give his gimmick more credibility.

pinmepayme.

Conway is one of the best characters around today. He's got a unique introduction, and everyone knows right away who's coming out when they hear the wild piano music hit. Not only that, but he has a ton of charisma and he knows how to work.

The problem with Orton's "Legend Killer" gimmick is that 9 times out of 10 on a show, he didn't kill a legend. He'd maybe have a match against Edge or RVD, and sometimes he was involved in an Evolution angle. However, there was only a handful of times where he actually gave someone an RKO or attacked them.

With Conway, every week he's facing a legend and every week he's beating them in a match. That's a lot more legitimate legend killer gimmick, in my eyes.

WWE need to try and do things The Con Way a whole lot more.

The gimmick is definitly a move up from La Resistance. I don't no why, but I think Conway should be on Smackdown. Maybe get a US Title run, and stop with the Legend Killing. It was done once, there is no need for it to be done again.It was done once, there is no need to tarnish the Legends reputation by losing there last matches. I think it's unfortunate that WWE keeps bringing in old wrestlers to lose, they are beginning to treat the old stars like jobbers. Continue with the egotistical heel charachter and I think he will go far in the company. Edited by The Indy Legend
  • Like 1

The gimmick is definitly a move up from La Resistance. I don't no why' date=' but I think Conway should be on Smackdown. Maybe get a US Title run, and stop with the Legend Killing. It was done once, there is no need to tarnish the Legends reputation by losing there last matches. I think it's unfortunate that WWE keeps bringing in old wrestlers to lose, they are beginning to treat the old stars like jobbers.[/quote']

I know, if you watched heAt the past few weeks they get thrown around a lot, they look like them random heAt/Velocity guys!

the announcers said his name Conway is Latin...well not quite,Conway is the English spelling of Conwy a town in Gwynedd,North Wales named by the Romans it means `reedy river`.

OH yes,i enjoy Conway fighting the legends of yesteryear,im looking forward to who`ll be next?,Valentine was in good shape,i hope it ends up with Conway facing a mega legend:xyx

the announcers said his name Conway is Latin...well not quite,Conway is the English spelling of Conwy a town in Gwynedd,North Wales named by the Romans it means `reedy river`.

OH yes,i enjoy Conway fighting the legends of yesteryear,im looking forward to who`ll be next?,Valentine was in good shape,i hope it ends up with Conway facing a mega legend:xyx

I'm sure it will end at Tabboo Tuesday this week when Conway is in a handi-cap match against Eugene and one of three legends from Jimmy 'SuperFly' Snuka, Kamala and 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan.

pinmepayme.

i thought Conway was an Irish name I wonder if he's any relation to these girls

http://www.xfactor.tv/uploads/images/1129287541563_0.5224920647226847.jpg