Fireworks

Chris2K

Should fireworks be restricted?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Should fireworks be restricted?

• They should be banned completely.
    • They should be restricted to certain days.
    • They should only be done in public displays.
    • They're fine, stop moaning, idiot.

I personally think fireworks should be banned from being used in public aside from November 5th and January 1st (and July 4th in the USA). Right now, on October 29th, I have fireworks being able to be seen from 3 different places, all making huge amounts of noise, and all of which have sent my dog into a panicked frenzy, and my cat is under my bed with fear.

What is so unreasonable about having fireworks on specific days, and sparing people who don't enjoy them the agony of listening to them?

Only in public displays Brick says. Fireworks scare my dog and I'm not too fond of them either, there's no need to have them nextdoor when they could just go to a display and let me get on with my F'in business without that racket disturbing the peace.

I think they should be banned from public sale. I don't mind if I know that there's a display going on, but I don't want them going off in my next door neighbours garden at any time without warning. I am told by public anouncement time and time again to keep my pets in on fireworks night. Does this now include the entire months of October, November and any other random time someone choses to set off fireworks?

This year we've not had many fireworks... we usually get the bangs and colours from mid-October to mid-November but I dunno this year. I think places are being forced to smarten up on their selling dates... like only sell the week of November 5th. I used to love fireworks as a kid but you grow up and grow out of them... For the kids who thinks it's smart to use them as weapons I hope you burn your faces off ! !

Peace-out :P

Um, I'm personally not offended by fireworks, and niether is my dog (go pitbulls). But even if fireworks were made illegal or restricted, they would never be all that illegal. So people would still find ways around the laws, and the cops (at least the one's here in Chicago) wouldn't give two s***s or a **** about fireworks and let it go on as normal.

Im not too bothered about them, if your responsible with them and do it safely then there okey.

Some kids always gets hurt or hurt other people by messing with them, but theres not much that can be done, because its just like when i was younger and was kid i used to stand outside shops and get people to buy me them and beer etc... and now thinking back i know that its all bad.

Every year it's exactly the same. You get the idiots around my area setting them off 2 weeks before they are supposed to be. Then you get the huge bonfire right outside my backdoor which is a nightmare until 2 weeks after when the fire brigade come round to set it out.

I voted only on specified days, although that should be once a year on bonfire night IMO.

Fireworks really really scare me, I hate loud bangs, and if im not expecting a really loud bang, it can send me into panic attack.

It used to be, that i knew to stay in on bonfire night. Now Ive got to be careful every night from september onwards. It's stupid.

I don't mind people having there fun, once or twice a year, but every night is ridiculous!