Video Technology in Football

FreeSpirit

Tottenham robbed at Old Trafford last season, Middlesborough wronged by a decision at West Ham last week. These are only just two mistakes of a growing list of terrible decisions that could have been corrected with Video technology in football.

Isnt it time in this day and age that it was introduced?. It doesnt have to be used for every run of the mill decision, but for major talking point incidents. It will certainly make the game a bit fairer. What does everyone else think?

I personally think that having cameras and a team of people watching would help an AWFUL lot - they've had it in NFL for years, so why is the Premiership so far behind?

Maybe they believe that the referee's decision is "final", but if they, and the linesmen aren't in position, then it will cause bad decisions.

They really need to sort out this or it'll cause an awful lot of problems in the future.

I actually don't understand why the biggest sort in Britain is so slow to get behind at the very least goal-line technology. Its been used to great effect in rugby, where it takes very little time away from the game, is only used sparingly, and is able to clear up things that the ref cant see. I think its only a good thing to be introduced to football.

plain and simple.. it has to be brought in.. not only for disallowed goals.. but for offsides, penalties and everything..

people say that it will slow the game down.. well with people falling over looking for free kicks all of the time the game is already disrupted... at least this way the disruption will have a point

Video has helped NFL, Cricket and Rugby.. why not football???

I think that the technology should be brought in, it costs points for a lot of teams and would make a huge difference to the game. Having people review replays will not extend the game too much, and it is a neccesary addition to the game. As Fill said, they have used it for years in the NFL, why are we so far behind?

I like the game the way it is, lower league clubs wouldn't see any of the technology for years anyway, I don't see the point unless everyone can have it, otherwise in the FA Cup what if Wolves were drawn against Carisle who don't have video technology and lost on a goal that should of been disallowed, surely they would argue that if they had been drawn at a club with the technology they might still be in the cup.

For the World Cup and European Championships yeah bring it in, but theres no point bringing it into the leagues unless everyone has it.

As long as the technology is ready then yeah fine bring it in.

TV Replays from last years Champions League final still seem pretty inconclusive .

If your talking about multiangled cameras actully postioned inside the goalposts, then thats all well and great for your top level clubs and major championships, but what about the lower and non league teams which may not be able to afford £10,000 for a fancy video technology system which may not even be used during a season. I was reading about a non league team in this weekends FA Cup first round that can only afford 6 balls. I'm sure they would love to be told that they need to make even more upgrades.