Mr. McMahon performs colon surgery on JR

Ryan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well tough' date=' it is disrespectful to JR. And it's also a number of other things, like not funny, not entertaining, and another dose of a McMahon Ego Trip.[/quote']

I agree, I still got nightmares about Vince's kiss my ass club ahhhh.

However it was probably done with JR's consent to further the storyline but it was not in good taste as I said already.

Judging by the fact that Vince is a heel, and is trying to get people to really dislike him and at the same time make people feel sympathy for Jim Ross, I'd say this skit got the job done.

It was intended to be disrespectful to Ross, so people actually care when he returns to T.V.

Personally I didn't like the segment, it stroked Vince's ego too much, I probably could have understood the segment if we were in 1998 and it was the whole Austin vs. McMahon feud and Vince was the company's number 1 heel, but in today's wrestling world I just don't see the point, and infact I don't see the point of having Vince on TV at all.

I did think the segemnt was tasteless, and McMahon if he needed could have got any "heat" in many other ways which were not as tasteless.

I didn't find it disrespectful. If they had found a cancerous growth and gone ahead with it, it would have been a bit iffy. As it is, JR is covering at home so he's obviously not in any great danger.

The main problem I have with the segment is the length of it. You can't have a match go more than 3 minutes on Raw without them cutting to a break, so for this to get 8 minutes uninterupted with comments before and after it, was pretty ridiculous.

I laughed at first at a few of JR's "comments" and the music, but as time wore on I was becoming more and more bored with the segment. They could have put just about anything in the 10 minutes or so it took to deliver that segment and it would have been an improvement. But they didn't. It dragged on and on.

Perhaps the worst thing about it is that it was an angle designed to further get over people who can't wrestle on a full time schedule. Vince or JR won't be working house shows, helping to boost attendences. They won't have a spectacular match at a PPV to blow off the feud. It'll just fizzle out when the momentum is dying down, and neither man will have benefitted much from it in the greater scheme of things.

If you're going to devote TV time to something that goes on for 10 minutes, at least make sure you're doing it to get wrestlers over, or else it's just wasting everyone's time.

I would love for Raw to really flop in the ratings this week. Hell, I'd be happy even if they only lost 0.2 points. It would just be the perfect way for people to try and get the message across to Vince that this isn't what they want to see in 2005.

I'm so sick of WWE right now that it's gone beyond being able to enjoy the horrible shows from a comedy perspective. TNA is delivering the awesomeness, ROH is on fire and I've found a great hotspot to renew my love of Puro. If WWE want to keep me interested in their product, they'd better change things around drastically because I'll bet there's a few others who are just as sick and tired of WWE as I am, and there's only so much crap they can swallow.

Now I'm off to watch KENTA Vs Genchiro Tenryu. There aren't any ass, fart or gay jokes, but I'm expecting to enjoy it a hell of a lot more than Raw.

I would love for Raw to really flop in the ratings this week. Hell, I'd be happy even if they only lost 0.2 points. It would just be the perfect way for people to try and get the message across to Vince that this isn't what they want to see in 2005.

If you're referring to the ratings for the show with the Vince skit, they were up 0.2 at around 3.9.

This coming week. As in people who watched the show read the feedback, realised how awful it was and just decided to pass on watching the Raw before Taboo Tuesday because they just can't take much more of the same rubbish.

Maybe the ratings won't fall because of the publicity they got over the past week and people will tune in to see if WWE can top themselves and make something even worse. But I'd still love to see the company get a slap in the face from their fanbase for putting out such a horrible segment. Only then will they realise that maybe they have to actually start putting out watchable stuff.

Judging by the fact that Vince is a heel, and is trying to get people to really dislike him and at the same time make people feel sympathy for Jim Ross, I'd say this skit got the job done.

It was intended to be disrespectful to Ross, so people actually care when he returns to T.V.

Totally agree mate.

The best part of the segment was when Vince pulled the owl out of JR's ass because of the hilarious ''WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!'' JR sound effect.

but if TNA would do something like that you wont of say its crap would you.

If TNA were doing that kind of brainless crap week in week out, I wouldn't be a fan of TNA would I? And Mr. Pee it was WWE that did this 2 hour comedy segment of Vince McMahon pulling things out of a plastic arse, not TNA.