Source Claims WWE's Bringing Back ECW

PHIZZLE

Weeks after all discussions regarding the future of ECW came to a close, The Ottawa Sun reports that the plan is for WWE to bring back the ECW brand after WrestleMania.

"And we're not talking about One Night Stand 2," the article says. "WWE, apparently, has talked about putting the promotion on its own -- keeping the integrity of ECW, small venues and all."

In addition to remaining unconfirmed by other sources, this rumor comes at a very odd time. It had been recently reported that WWE was not planning to utilize the ECW brand for anything other than an annual PPV. While solid, the ECW PPV's buyrate was hardly better than the average brand-only PPV, which likely came as a disillusionment to those hoping it would do record numbers. Both DVDs performed rather well, however.

• Like 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why dammit, i put on a WWE DVD expecting to see WWE, i put my TV on when RAW & SD are on to see WWE not ECW.

if their going to bring a company back atleast make it WCW as WCW was obviously a bigger & more successful company than ECW.

yeh they wana put it on its own but it still wont be the same ECW.

why dammit, i put on a WWE DVD expecting to see WWE, i put my TV on when RAW & SD are on to see WWE not ECW.

if their going to bring a company back atleast make it WCW as WCW was obviously a bigger & more successful company than ECW.

Alright, you've said that enough now. I really hope there is a ECW in WWE! be cool, eh?

I loved all WWE/WCW/ECW but you only like WCW more because Mr.. Curt Hennig was in it. ;)

no i liked WCW more because WCW was better simple as that, and WCW did absoltely bugger all with Hennig saying i liked WCW because of Hennig is B/S, the only thing i liked about ECW was Benoit, Guerrero & Malenko.

Because if they brought back WCW, it would be the same as WWE. ECW has a different style than WWE. WCW does not.

Plus, while ECW has been brought back, and WWE haven't buried it, it still seems to be just as good as it once was. WCW however, has been completely buried by WWE.

im not saying its not a good idea though, obviously ECW has alot of fan base, but im saying i dont want them to do it, if bringing it back makes them money then sure do it but im not going to watch it, but just remember WCW still has a big fanbase aswell.

Yeah...what's your point. Theyre maybe gonna bring ECW back AS ITS OWN PROMOTION SO IT WONT BE ON SMACKDOWN OR RAW OR A WWE SHOW.

ok no need to shout buddy, if its not on the WWE show thats fine, PHIZZLE said it may be there own show, and like i said i wont watch it.

I'd love to see ECW back personally, I know Vince is longing for compertition again (like the old Monday night wars) so i'm not suprised he is bringing back ECW ok it won't go out same as Raw but it will bring lots of cash in

Oh and WCW couldn't come back as no TV station in USA would take it on, Vince tried to sell it to them when he baught it but the name is too tarnished apparently so he just shelved it atleast ECW has cred with fans

Bringing back ECW is a great idea, I would love to see some old talent every week, that would be amazing. I wonder if 'Hat Guy' would be there in attendance? But I would also like to see WCW brought back to see how it would do nowadays, out of the two though ECW would be the main factor.

I think we should remember that this is only a rumour.

There is a chance of it happening, obviously, but i don't really see it working as, and i confess i'm not the most knowledgible person as far as ECW goes, most of the talent from the Extreme days are either retired or a part of the WWE and TNA.

The Dudley Boys, Rhino, Chris Benoit, Rob Van Dam, Raven, Sabu, Chris Jericho, the list goes on and on, so unless they basically start the company from scratch with new talent and a small group of ECW 'names' then i can't see it happening as it could struggle to draw after the early 'who-har' which is bound to happen and, as another person posted, i can't see Vince McMahon sending the likes of Benoit or RVD over to help them out, can you?

And talk of it happening because Vinnie Mac wants competition is a joke because Vince will own BOTH company's. :lol

Anybody know what Lance Storm, Mike Awesome and The Sandman are doing these days as they would have to get these guys involved from the start surely?

pinmepayme.

I think we should remember that this is only a rumour.

There is a chance of it happening, obviously, but i don't really see it working as, and i confess i'm not the most knowledgible person as far as ECW goes, most of the talent from the Extreme days are either retired or a part of the WWE and TNA.

The Dudley Boys, Rhino, Chris Benoit, Rob Van Dam, Raven, Sabu, Chris Jericho, the list goes on and on, so unless they basically start the company from scratch with new talent and a small group of ECW 'names' then i can't see it happening as it could struggle to draw after the early 'who-har' which is bound to happen and, as another person posted, i can't see Vince McMahon sending the likes of Benoit or RVD over to help them out, can you?

And talk of it happening because Vinnie Mac wants competition is a joke because Vince will own BOTH company's. :lol

Anybody know what Lance Storm, Mike Awesome and The Sandman are doing these days as they would have to get these guys involved from the start surely?

pinmepayme.

Well, this isn't just a rumour at all, this story went around about 3 months ago but was dismissed by everyone. I still reckon it will happen though. Even Vince McMahon has to admit that Smackdown is a damnfailure and ECW is still a huge draw, say what you want, its teue, One Night Stand with virtually no promotion had one of the best ppv buyrates of the year for wwe, that is a FACT. It makes an awful lot of sense to scrap the dying dog that is Smackdown and even for that matter at the moment, Raw, and bring back ECW.

I'd be turning in my grave right now if I was dead. But thats awful news. It couldnt sell anymore than a regular PPV, Vengeance sold much more, and Ive ever watched ONS, granted with JBL commentary, but it was bloody awful.

DS Edit: careful what you say about people.

Edited by Paul

Well' date=' this isn't just a rumour at all, this story went around about 3 months ago but was dismissed by everyone. I still reckon it will happen though. Even Vince McMahon has to admit that Smackdown is a damnfailure and ECW is still a huge draw, say what you want, its teue, One Night Stand with virtually no promotion had one of the best ppv buyrates of the year for wwe, that is a FACT. It makes an awful lot of sense to scrap the dying dog that is Smackdown and even for that matter at the moment, Raw, and bring back ECW.[/quote']

It's still a rumour, dave7g.

Nobody from the WWE has confirmed it have they?