What is Jarrett doing in Stamford?

Dave7g

I'll put what i'm gonna say in spoiler tags here just to make sure...

Seeing what happened on the first iMPACT! after Bound For Glory with Jeff Jarrett winning back his world title, it's quite possible that daddy is indeed leaving TNA, giving Jeff more say in what goes on

Just a thought, but I'm not too sure what Jarrett Senior could bring to WWE

Maybe he's there to discuss all the pointless copyright issues and demands Vince is putting on TNA, the latest being that TNA fans are not allowed to chant ECW anymore, Vince would be laughed out of court on that one, Maybe Jerry is there to laugh and point.

What tape library does Jarrett own? I'm thinking its the Memphis stuff' date=' but I'm sure Lawler owns that.[/quote']

Just the USWA stuff I believe.

Since the Carter's took overTNA Jarrett has had a very small role in TNA, and he has often from what I understand been at war with the TNA creative guys, even when he owne the company when Russo was booking, Jerry had a limited role, I think he made reference to this stuff in his book.

Jarrett's always been in the good books with the WWE, working for them for many years, hell, some say that Vince was going to give Jerry control of the company if Vince got locked up for the steriod case in the early 90's.

I guess Russ would be bang on with video library stuff, but I wouldn't be suprised to see Jerry work with the WWE again.

Jarret has the priceless Memphis collection and Vince is well reported to want it.... i was worried about what Jeery said about tommorow wrestling will be different.... and i am wondering who's with him.. probably his boy Jeff....

hopefully they are buying out WWE :devil.. or telling them the truth that their product is awful at the moment :lol someone has too

Jeff Jarrett' date=' no im joking but wouldnt that be great, imagine if the JJ's were there to [i']sell[/i] TNA to Vince, wouldnt that be something.

that would probably be difficult considering Jeff doesn't own TNA.

If Jeff is with Jerry ( which personally I doubt) then many people wouldn't see it as a bad thing if he left TNA.

On a side note; in a recent interview with The Sun newspaper, Jarrett was asked this question.

You are currently Vince McMahon's biggest rival, but would you ever work with him again?

Yes.

If it was good for business - then absolutely!

Credit - http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003560001-2005420638,00.html

I can't see Vince pushing Jarrett in any way to a main event.

He's not big enough compared to 90% of the main eventers - both HHH and Batista would squash him like a bug, and if he went to RAW, then he'd constantly be jobbing to HHH.

Unless Vince wanted to show that TNA was that inferior by jobbing him out show after show (like they did with WCW), I can't see Jarrett ever returning to WWE TV.

opps sorry i thought JJ owned TNA' date=' my mistake, who does own it by the way.[/quote']

The Carter family, President of TNA is a woman called Dixie Carter and her father is the financial backer, he own a very very rich energy company called PANDA Energy which operates in the South of the USA I believe.

--Jerry Jarrett was in the WWE offices and it was made a pretty public deal. Jarrett had called Jerry Lawler recently and told him about being disenchanted with TNA, believing he put the company on the map and now that it is on the verge of success, he has pretty much no power. With the exception of working at the Gorilla position at tapings, Jerry Jarrett has virtually no involvement in the company at this point in time. In May, he was vocal against putting the new creative team in place and told anyone who would listen that they would fail. When they didn't tank the company, his opinions stopped being listened to. The story is he was there to negotiate with WWE for a big Russian he was representing, but at the meeting, made it clear he was unhappy with TNA. Virtually nobody, and that includes the people closest to Jeff, were aware he was going. The "other guy" that the WWE web site doesn't say but wants everyone to believe was Jeff, would have been the Russian, whose name we're not aware of. The way the story is being slipped out on the internet is a very public FU to TNA from WWE, and no doubt, Jerry perhaps even more, knowing it'll shake everyone up. To say people in TNA are pretty furious at Jerry for how he played this game would be an understatement. Stories that Jerry was there to sell the Memphis tape collection are entirely untrue as he has no rights to the collection. Jarrett sold his 50% of the company to Jerry Lawler circa 1997, who in turn sold it to a Cleveland based group, who in turn, put it quickly out of business resulting in a messy lawsuit.

credit http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=14617

Jarrett brings mountain of a man to WWE

Oct. 28, 2005

Longtime wrestling promoter Jerry Jarrett met with WWE officials this morning in Stamford, Conn., and he was not alone.

By Jarrett's side throughout his meetings with Vince McMahon and John Laurinaitis (Vice President of Talent Relations for WWE) was a 6-foot-6, 310 pound monster of a man called Oleg Prudius.

"I know they were both impressed with Oleg, as is anyone that meets him," said Jarrett as he left WWE Headquarters Friday afternoon. "He's an exceptional person and a special athlete."

So with Jarrett's backing, is Prudius on his way to WWE Superstardom?

"He's a future prospect who is very interested in WWE," said Laurinaitis after meeting with Jarrett and Prudius. "He comes from a very highly-regarded amateur background. And hopefully, if things work out on both sides, we can maybe do business together."

Be sure to check back here for more information on this potential Superstar.

Source http://www.wwe.com

EDIT: Please remember to Quote your stories. :)

Edited by MrFill

Source http://www.wwe.com

EDIT: Please remember to Quote your stories. :)

Oleg Prudius.

"I know they were both impressed with Oleg, as is anyone that meets him," said Jarrett as he left WWE Headquarters Friday afternoon. "He's an exceptional person and a special athlete."

So with Jarrett's backing, is Prudius on his way to WWE Superstardom?

"He's a future prospect who is very interested in WWE," said Laurinaitis after meeting with Jarrett and Prudius. "He comes from a very highly-regarded amateur background. And hopefully, if things work out on both sides, we can maybe do business together."

Be sure to check back here for more information on this potential Superstar.

Who?

This is really silly. If Jeff 'freakin' Jarrett' The NWA TNA heavyweight champ, and Vinces main rival was in WWE headquarters nyou can bet you life they werent there to give Vince some bloke called "Oleg". Something is going on there, and to be honest, I don'tlike the sound of it.

Jerry Jarrett sold the Memphis tapes to Lawler about three years ago, so Jarrett has nothing to do with that theory. It could be said that Lawler still has a job because of his connection to those tapes but I like to think it's because Lawler is actually a genuine legend and thats why.

This crap about a guy called Oleg is bothering me, nobody has ever heard of him so why put it on the front page of wwe.com, the only two big stories of the year were when Bret went to meet Vince and when Brock's contract was being worked out, many could say that Brocks was in fact worked out and therefore he is the IGPW champion now, but thats another debate. Jeff Jarrett the TNA champion was in WWE headquarters today, lets just think about that for a second.

I really want to know the truth, I guess we'll have to wait till 1am UK time and listen to the wrestlingobserver live on Sunday to find out.

Who?

This is really silly. If Jeff 'freakin' Jarrett' The NWA TNA heavyweight champ, and Vinces main rival was in WWE headquarters nyou can bet you life they werent there to give Vince some bloke called "Oleg". Something is going on there, and to be honest, I don'tlike the sound of it.

Ummmmm, it wasnt Jeff. Did you jusr not bother reading? Its Jerry Jarrett (thats Jeffs dad ;)) who was there.

i know its rash and i bet TNA fans here (dave) "no TNA rules all is going to go far" and yeh i possably could but, could this be the beginning of the end for TNA?

i know its only JerryJ meeting with Vince but still im pessimistic.

Edited by Ryan