Samoa Joe responds to Batista.

Dave7g

Haven't seen this posted here yet and it's an interesting story that is developing lately. Last week Batista gave an interview with the Sun that offended a lot of wrestlers.

Q. Do you ever watch any NWA:TNA? Do you think competition would be good for the WWE? Are there any TNA wrestlers that have impressed you?

Vikram Sangar

Batista: I've actually not ever watched any of their shows. I saw a press conference that they did, which I wasn't very impressed with.

I've also seen clips of their car wreck matches with AJ Styles doing his stunts. That's not wrestling. Wrestling is storytelling.

But at the same time, I have friends in TNA and I wish them the best. Those type of matches definitely have their place, it's just not my thing.

I also welcome the competition, which I think can only be good for the wrestling business.

Then Samoa Joe on his live journal had this to say :

Dave Batista... Ehh its not even worth it, I hope your opinion of others made you feel better about yourself.

Meltzer also resonded to Batistas comments in the Observer Newsletter and apparently ripped Batista to shreds, I can't find what he said but when I do I'll stick it in here.

It's amazing how the WWE's World Heavyweight Champion has really no idea about the wrestling business at all.

I don't blame Batista. During the Monday Night Wars, you didn't have Austin going around talking up WCW. Batista is employed by WWE, and he's obviously got a bit of a connection with the fans considering he's the champion. Why would he put his own livlihood at stake by complimenting the opposition?

I don't agree with what he said, but I certainly don't begrudge him for saying it.

• Like 1

I mean that he said "I've never seen any of their shows". Either that is a complete lie or he's just phoning in his matches and doesn't really care about the business that he's in. He then went on to call AJ a stuntman which is absolutley ridiculous, AJ is a gazzillion times more talented than him. And he doesn't even know it.

I think Batista knows what he likes, and he sticks to it

We all have our variations of wrestling that we like, whether it Puero, Lucha or just bog standard mat wrestling. Batista wants wrestling to be about storytelling, as it was years ago - which is fair enough

Although saying that, there's been a fair few of Big Dave's stories that have absolutely sucked

Joe is a fantastic talent and fully deserves to be rated as highly as he is on his in ring work

• Like 1

Apart from very few of TNA's roster (Well the X Division anyway), Batista is spot on. There is a lot of cruiserweights, who all they know about wrestling, is how to flip about. Guys like Daniels are excellent workers because they arn't in these 'car crash' matches, because they know more than cheap pops, from doing insane moves. I suppose Styles is an exception as he does combine them both, which makes his so good. Even though i hate Joe, he is a good worker in that sense. maybe if he mixed what he does up a little, I would like him more :P

He's spot on although hpocritcal. I mean, who is Batista to talk about bad workers? He's been carried to two average/good matches in his career, and one blinder, in Hell In A Cell. Apart from that, he is one awful worker.

Apart from very few of TNA's roster (Well the X Division anyway), Batista is spot on. There is a lot of cruiserweights, who all they know about wrestling, is how to flip about. Guys like Daniels are excellent workers because they arn't in these 'car crash' matches, because they know more than cheap pops, from doing insane moves. I suppose Styles is an exception as he does combine them both, which makes his so good. Even though i hate Joe, he is a good worker in that sense. maybe if he mixed what he does up a little, I would like him more :P

He's spot on although hpocritcal. I mean, who is Batista to talk about bad workers? He's been carried to two average/good matches in his career, and one blinder, in Hell In A Cell. Apart from that, he is one awful worker.

For the first time in 3 months Jack, I agree!

Batista should not be putting down TNA if he does not watch it, it's unprofessional. Plus Batista is an awful worker and has had some of the worst matches of 2005. He will never get to AJ Styles level.

I suseptable to all types of wrestling, as long as it entertains me. Sounds so obvious, but it's that simple

Batista can, on the odd occassion, entertain. The only time when it's lasted was during the feud with HHH. To me, if that had happened with anyone else, after the Wrestlemania match it would have become tiresome

Styles, on the other hand, constantly entertains me. The way i see it is that it all comes down to how good they are at what they are trying to achieve. AJ's is the typical "holy s***"'s, and Batista's is really just to get cheers. Difference being, in my opinion, Styles suceeds every time, Big Dave succeeds sometimes

Batista never actually said he was a good wrestler/storyteller. He said he thinks Styles puts on 'car crash' matches. And in his opinion AJ's style isn't what he'd class as good wrestling.

I personally think Styles is as dull as dish water. Is Samoa Joe gonna come punk me out now?

As for Meltzer: Big deal. I'd rather view a BeltMark or Jack post than read anything by Meltzer.

• Like 1

What Russ said. I agree that Batista isn't gonna know alot about wrestling to make those kind of comments but why in the hell would he put over a potential rival company?!

To be honest I'm not really a huge fan of AJ, IMO he ruins his good moments by more frequent other crap he does in the ring. Christopher Daniels on the other hand is more consistant.

Big deal. I'd rather view a BeltMark or Jack post than read anything by Meltzer.

who is this Meltzer fellow, on the Crash Holly shoot interview he said Dave Meltzer couldnt put a wrestling show together to save his life, or something along the lines of that.

Edited by Ryan

Apart from very few of TNA's roster (Well the X Division anyway)' date=' Batista is spot on. There is a lot of cruiserweights, who all they know about wrestling, is how to flip about. Guys like Daniels are excellent workers because they arn't in these 'car crash' matches, because they know more than cheap pops, from doing insane moves. I suppose Styles is an exception as he does combine them both, which makes his so good. Even though i hate Joe, he is a good worker in that sense. maybe if he mixed what he does up a little, I would like him more :P[/quote']

Whoa whoa whoa... an insane spot is nothing close to cheap. It gets the pop it does becasue the wrestler puts his body needlessly into harm's way for the sake of entertainment. I'm not disagreeing with anything else you said, but please, don't refer to huge bumps as an attempt at a cheap pop.

• Like 1

who is this Meltzer fellow' date=' on the Crash Holly shoot interview he said Dave Meltzer couldnt put a wrestling show together to save his life, or something along the lines of that.[/quote']

Who is Dave Meltzer? If you don't know who he is then I doubt you should expect anyone to take you seriously here anymore, I really mean that.:?

Who is Dave Meltzer? If you don't know who he is then I doubt you should expect anyone to take you seriously here anymore' date=' I really mean that.:?[/quote']

What rubbish.

It's true Meltzer gets alot of inside scoops, and alot of the time he's correct. Meltzer pretty much needs to wrap spoiler tags around his name, if Perfect really wants to enjoy wrestling, then it's a good thing that he doesn't know who Meltzer is.

Apart from his inside scoops, which aren't his work, he's told it by the bookers, road agents and the wrestlers, what does he offer? I don't think his opinion is any more or any less valid than Perfect's. I'd rather read negative comments about wrestling on TWO than on the WO, at least you know people on here DO actually like wrestling, unlike Meltzer it seems.

Meltz does collate the information and has to sift through what people tell him' date=' you think every time a road agent ect tells him something its true? ;)[/quote']

Fair enough. But surely Meltzer has a set of consistent insiders who he uses time and time again and whom he trusts. So if Wrestler A tells him something, having been recieving news from him for a number of years, he'd just trust him, right?

Of course, if Joe Bloggs tells him something, that is not totally out of the question, he'll check it out, just to be on the safe side.

Man, Meltzer needs to get a real job :P

Fair enough. But surely Meltzer has a set of consistent insiders who he uses time and time again and whom he trusts. So if Wrestler A tells him something' date=' having been recieving news from him for a number of years, he'd just trust him, right?[/quote']

Who knows, given what he does it would be a good way to work the IWC if you know who his contacts are.......

Who is Dave Meltzer? If you don't know who he is then I doubt you should expect anyone to take you seriously here anymore' date=' I really mean that.:?[/quote']

my mum doesnt know Dave Meltzer, does it mean no one takes her seriously, same with......David Seaman, My old English Teacher, George Bush, does that mean no one takes them seriously.