I've come up with an interesting theory

Verb

after reading the Raelian thread I had a think about "creation" et al.

"Time" is a man made creation, we measure time by the way we move around the sun, however if there is no such thing as time, there would possibly be no creation,the Universe would be infinate, as stars colapse new ones are created (a Universal recycling factory), it's Mans limited knowledge that makes scientists and theologians believe that the Universe was created in some way.

The Universe was just there...no creation, no nothing..

Probably doesn't make any sense as I'm typing as I'm thinking..what do people think?

I got really into the same theory in my philosophy class, Verb. It is really hard to explain, but I get you. I could try to delve into it, but it would most definately sound like some played out stereo-typicl shippy bull****, so I won't.

I propose that the world is flat, and lies on top of four elephants, standing on the mback of a giant space turtle floating through space.

It all makes sense, see.

You're on too much Pratchett.

You're all wrong and God is crossing you off his list. :P

why does it? it's only because we've been taught that it must have been created that we think that way

I'm not sure it's because we've been taught that, it just is like that. We know that everything around us has been created and most of the time we know how or where it has come from. It's not a matter of what we've been taught, it's a matter of what we know.

Still' date=' I think infinity is one of the scariest things ever![/quote']

More scary is this: Take a piece of string that is an infinate length. You're standing at a point on that length so it stretches away into infinity in either direction. You cut the string with scissors. What are you left with?

I just cant get my head round the fact that something can just "be there" It must have come from somewhere.

So how did the Universe come into existance?

Think about the Big Bang theory - where did the stuff come from in the first place?

Creationism - where did God come from?

Flying Spaghetti Monster - what created the FSM?

You see, they all have to have a "beginning", and without some kind of explanation, you get stuck with the "where did it come from?" question. :)

Thats not that scary :) Your left with piece of string that are infinity in length with a little cut.

You're channeling Peter Knott's grammar skills there Missy?

What you're actually left with is two pieces of string which are both of infinite length but are also two halves of one piece which was of infinite length itself. Do you see?

What you're actually left with is two pieces of string which are both of infinite length but are also two halves of one piece which was of infinite length itself. Do you see?

But if it was actually infinite length, then wouldn't that take up the entire Universe? In which case, how can you exist beside it to cut it? :D

But if it was actually infinite length' date=' then wouldn't that take up the entire Universe? In which case, how can you exist beside it to cut it? :D[/quote']

Because the universe is infinite too I suppose... Anyway, it's only a thought experiment.

*Head explodes*

We could make a TWO Puzzle book with riddles and theories and word searches and join the dots pictures that end up being a camel but because of a printing error you thought that dot 37 was dot 31 so it has a big line going through it's head that you need to tipex out and it doesn't look the same colour as the rest of the page so it sort of stands out and it's not quite as impressive and stuff.

I'd buy one.

Here's one for you </tickle>

Given that God is infinite, and that the universe is also infinite...

would you like a toasted tea cake?

"What’s the point of buying a toaster with artificial intelligence if you never want any toast?! I toast therefore I am."

• Like 1

We could make a TWO Puzzle book with riddles and theories and word searches and join the dots pictures that end up being a camel but because of a printing error you thought that dot 37 was dot 31 so it has a big line going through it's head that you need to tipex out and it doesn't look the same colour as the rest of the page so it sort of stands out and it's not quite as impressive and stuff.

I'd buy one.

Thats more scary than infinity :help