Rey Mysterio - Will he ever.....?

Craig

http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/4845/reymysterio1ln.jpg

You see that belt he is holding? The Cruiserweight Championship, right? Do you think that one day, he will have the World Heavyweight Championship on his shoulder?

I personally, would totally by Rey Mysterio as the World Champion. He is a very good worker, an ok talker, and has charisma. But more importantly, he is over.

Just look at this past week's Raw if you don't believe me

One thing that could very well hold him back, is his size. But, unlike most cruiserweights, WWE seem to make him the only one that is a threat to heavyweights. He has beaten JBL, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, and Big Show, all former World Champions, and 3 of them are in the running for the World Title.

WWE has been pushing him since before WrestleMania, and it seems his push iis still going to continue, so my question to you all is simple?

Will Rey Mysterio ever win a WWE World Championship?

(Oh, and could a mod add a poll to this, I would have, but in previewing this post for the picture, I pushed the wrong button:D )

Edited by Craig

I can see it happening and i think it must be tried, it doesn't have to be long title run but they could see if the fans buy it, and i think they would.

Rey Rey has that something extra that most of the cruiserweights don't have in the WWE like Paul London and Juvi and that's most of his offence does carry weight which i think a lot of the division lack at times.

Just hope he doesn't suffer at the 'big man' obsession Vince and his merry men have. :roll

pinmepayme.

you got to look at it this way, a Heavyweight's Heavyweight title is obviously the WWE Heavyweight title, a Cruiserweights Heavyweight title is the Cruiserweight title, so technically Rey has already won a world title in his weight class (if anyone didnt understand that, your not alone because i dont think i did either :D)

but Rey winning either the WWE Heavyweight or World Heavyweight Title i think at this moment in time isnt really in the cards, dont get me wong though Rey as the word champion would be awesome, but would Marks believe Rey as a credible heavyweight champion?

Rey is not a credible world champion in the land of the giants....

His package of talents is worthy of shots at the gold, his connection to the fans is as well but Rey can only be a mid card US title holding attraction simply because for him to be top dog on Smackdown he'd have to week in and week out beat the likes of JBL, Batista, Eddie, Taker, Orton etc...

Not to mention the newcomers like Kennedy coming through...

He has had to fluke victorys over several of these people but also lost to them in equal measure. You can't have a champ getting fluke wins all the time, it just doesn't work unless he is a heel and he cheats to win (a la Eddie and Undisputed Champ style Jericho). It would damage his presitge and also those wrestlers who lose to him.

Which is why for me he can only be a special attraction and sometime contender. But never can he be world champion.

Nope.. if he wants to get a world title.. he should go to TNA... they respect talent and smaller talent

so your saying WWE dont respect there talent, how the hell do you know that when your only a fan, if you were backstage EVERY show then yeh i would believe you, and i seriously doubt TNA would put the world title on rey maybe the X Title but not the world title.

so your saying WWE dont respect there talent' date=' how the [i']hell[/i] do you know that when your only a fan, if you were backstage EVERY show then yeh i would believe you, and i seriously doubt TNA would put the world title on rey maybe the X Title but not the world title.

I mean on camera.. they don't give many small people main event pushes do they.. in TNA they do.. and the X division title is practically the TNA main event title in TNA anyway

Nope... Just the NWA World Title match up.

If Rey went to TNA (which would be highly unlikely given the status and salary he is provided in the WWE) then I expect him to be given a World Title shot or at least in the frame for a while (as nearly every WWE refugee has been like Hardy, Nash, Rhyno etc) but like AJ I believe he will be put down into the X-Divison ranks soon enough.

Fact is though AJ is borderline heavyweight in some of his offense and look, he just isn't that tall is all, Hardy is the same. Rey is PURE cruiserweight and therefore even if he made the transfer over I still expect him to be an X-Divison/Special attraction guy.

Espically if you look at the fact that the main contenders for the TNA title in the coming months will no doubt be Jarrett, Nash, Raven, Hoyt and Monty Brown and maybe if his overness continues Samoa Joe...

All Heavy to Superheavy weights....

He may get a main event but he won't get the title.