Will the McMahon ego kill WWE?

Danny Styles

After watching this weeks McMahon filled Raw...

we had to sit through

a long and annoying Steph McMahon segment

and a disgustingly bad tasted sement with Vince McMahon

with the reintroduction to Raw for the McMahons.. they have not helped the product one bit... and are hurting it...

i find it ironic that all WWE shows now start with 'the power is back' when in reality the power is long gone....

thing is.. the top two McMahons... Steph and Vince (not so much Linda and Shane).. are so up their own asses that they fail to see how the product is failing... ratings for RAW are dropping.. but they are surrounded by yes men so they fail to see what is happening.. and when the talent complains (unless it is someone like HHH who wouldn't complain because he has it made) they get fined, forced to job, drop titles and are then fearing loosing their jobs... people like Cena won't complain becasue if the prodcut gets better Cena and all of WWE's lesser talents will get left behind.. Kurt has complained but nothing has happened.....

WWE is falling... and IMO it's becasue of the McMahon's ego's and inability to see how bad their product is right now...

your thoughts TWO?

That a pretty good surmise really, You can't blame the McMahons for everything, terrible bookers and writers aren't helping which can happen to any company no matter who is in charge. Some dodgy talent that the wwe is trying desperatly to use, bad pushes for potentialy brilliant new talent that ends up with their release a year later.

probably the worst thing is the single push for profit over product, whilst i respect that the wwe is a comapny and buisness responsible to the share holders their is an over emphasis on marketing anyone with the tinyest bit of heat\pop. 3H gets a pop then it's out wioth the new 3h t-shirts, Taker to gets a pop so out with dvds, retrospectives and all the other crap.

Tehy squeeze every last little bit out of a wrestlers popularity until we're all sick and tired of the character and then where does the wrestler go after that. How many careers have been cut short because the wwe was trying so desperatley toget every last buck out of a gimmick/story? How many stale gimmicks are being paraded out every time the wwe needs a quick cash injection (step forward stone cold, rock, hulk etc).

Thats whats killing wwe, the lack of investment in taking the product forward....

' date=' You can't blame the McMahons for everything, terrible bookers and writers aren't helping which can happen to any company no matter who is in charge. Some dodgy talent that the wwe is trying desperatly to use, bad pushes for potentialy brilliant new talent that ends up with their release a year later...[/quote']

i see what you are saying.. but isn't it the McMahons that hire the crap writers and bookers... and every decided push and who gets signed goes through the McMahons.. so they have to agree with it for it to happen.. so in a way it STILL is them

If we didn't know they owned 'The E', I doubt many of us would have a problem with them taking up the time on the shows. Linda is appalling sure, but then you've got Stephanie who can be a great heel, and while she has an annoying voice, she has good mic skills. Vince is just an excellent hel, and very over with the crowd. Shane has had some great feuds in the past, because of his decent in-ring skills, and mic work.

They all entertain me, and I'm sure plenty of toher fans, so I doubt they will kill WWE.

i see what you are saying.. but isn't it the McMahons that hire the crap writers and bookers... and every decided push and who gets signed goes through the McMahons.. so they have to agree with it for it to happen.. so in a way it STILL is them

I think you can safely say that the buck stops at the top but you have to rely on those below them to perform to a high standard, wether thats booker, writers, wrestlers etc.

Perhaps you might say that the mcmahon ego might save wwe, as they seem to have stepped in to take a larger creative control with the slump in raw's rating..... it's farly unlikey in know but could happen!!:lol

I think that the blame can be spread fairly even across the whole of the wwe, it's not as if many of the top stars seem to be perfroming to the top of their supposed ability, again that could be more to do with poor creative imput but there is such a thing as making the best of a bad situation. At least there seems to be a readiness to allow new talent to get a shot at making it, there's been plenty of debuts on both shows recently which at least shows a commitment to the future.

I think it also depends if you see it from a smarks perspective or a marks. I'd guess most wwe marks actually are into the Mcmahon thing, are into the same old feuds and aren't all that interested in how good someone was in OVW or on a small indie federation. If thats your main audience it's hard to see why the wwe would bother to try new things and go out on a limb with riskier stratergies etc...

Watch RAW and then watch Impact - Impact= decent matches ALL IN 1 HOUR, RAW= IN 2 HOURS one good match if that and crap backstage stuff and non wrestling in-ring promos!! The firing OF JR raw was the worst RAW EVER, 4 matches in a 2 hr show, 1 was Doink the Clown jobbing and one was a Diva match which lasted about 3 minutes! Smackdown is becoming the best weekly WWE show at the moment, RAW is a show that the McMahons love to big themselves up on - pathetic!

I agree with RUSS, WWE is way too big to be killed esspecially with no compertition comming from TNA (it will take them years to compete) or anyone else but I think that the McMahon's are not doing their company any good by taking up time on the shows, time better used to showcase some good talent which will bring fans in

I don't think it's so much the McMahon gimmick as it is the overall mismanagment of the company and talent. Like many others here have already said, it's incredibly disheartening to see four matches in a two hour show and then consider yourself lucky if one is remotely interesting.

I don't mind Vince or Steph, but it bothers me that their gimmicks -- which are being used to set up the Stone Cold match at Taboo Tuesday -- are just more stops in a long line of boring promos, half of which make little sense at all (JBL and Edge? Why? What's the point?), and cut into time that I could be watching at least some mediocre, and possibly entertaining, wrestling.

I would like to see Shane as GM. The McMahon's aren't killing the WWE, because they are very smart buisnessmen and women, and if they know it's bad then they will do something about it, they know what the fans do and don't like, one aspect being HHH, but they can't do much about that, and if it gets serious they will do something about it.

and if they know it's bad then they will do something about it' date=' they know what the fans do and don't like, one aspect being HHH, but they can't do much about that, and if it gets serious they will do something about it.[/quote']

thats contradicting there.. they can't do something about it... but they will evetually if it gets bad...

the McMahons don't listen as much to the fans.. we still wouldn't have 20 minutes promos if they listnened.. we wouldn't have that JR segment if they listeneed. Cena wouldn't still be champ if they listened to his reaction now...

the McMahons (bar Linda and Shane because i don't know much about them backstage) are up their own arses and because they are surrounded by yes men.. and won't listen untill they remove the heads

the McMahons don't listen as much to the fans.. we still wouldn't have 20 minutes promos if they listnened.. we wouldn't have that JR segment if they listeneed. Cena wouldn't still be champ if they listened to his reaction now...

You are only going by what TWO says which consists of three thousand users,where as they might interview fans at the arenas about what they would like to see etc and maybe they listen to what they say.TWO isn`t the majority of wrestling fans you have to remember that.

i liked the JR segment on Raw, he is the best when he's playing an evil boss. Being a tweener for so long was just eh. Sure the JR segment ran a little long, but it was damn funny. I think this is another example of people bitching for the sake of bitching. You dont like it, fine but saying "The McMahon Ego Will Kill The WWE" is just plain whining.

to be fair I don't remmeber anyone saying the McMahon ego WAS going to kill the WWE' date=' it was a question on what you think will happen if things stay the same as now[/quote']

but, their argument is, if it continues this way it WILL KILL the wwe.

it may do' date=' it may not... but why couldn't it??? WCW went the same way cos of Ted Turner's ego so why shoulf Vince be any different wit hWWE[/quote']

In theory, anything COULD kill the WWE. This thread COULD be titled "WILL THE JUNOIRS KILL THE WWE?"

or

"WILL HEIDENREICH KILL THE WWE?"