TNA Video Game!

Slim Jim

Hell yes.

I just hope that they try and keep things grounded in reality. A wrestling simulator is going to do a lot better than a Smackdown! style arcade game. It's no different to the current WWE Vs TNA battle on air. If TNA want to stand out and appear not to be a cheap rip off of WWE, they'll do well to focus more on the wrestling side of things.

I'd love to see Midway take a Japanese game engine and expand upon it to make a realistic TNA game. If it turns into another WWF: The Arcade Game then people will keep well away from Jeff Jarrett shooting guitars at people or Abyss breathing fire.

Its going to be interesting to see how this will look. To keep it in tone with TNA it needs to be "wrestling" orientated rather than the old WWF Arcade game that was released.

Hopefully it will be out sonner rather than later, and should help TNA finally break into a profit.

Midway need to take the Engines reponsible for the Fire Pro and King Of Sports series of games or maybe the old AKI one used in No Mercy, tune up the graphics and let loose....

If it was done right I'd buy a TNA game as I am getting bored of the WWE Smackdown range really really badly now and only DoR and DoRII had any appeal for me out of the last two batches of WWE games.

I'm of the "wait and see" position at the moment.

Some Midway games are fantastic, some are utter tripe.

If they get an outside developer to do it, then you just have to wait and see.

It's rather like the Def Jam Vendetta games - they're not a licensed game, but they're better than most of the WWE/WCW/ECW games.

If it comes out and is great, then I'll be happy, but the CAW could be the most complicated part of the game, especially if they add in all of the insane X-Division moves.

So long as they get the balance right between the different weight classes etc then I'll be happy...

Plus its all about the CAW and Career mode for me. Multi choice and good competitive and realistic scenerios are the order of the day.

And also how will they go about drawing up a roster? Will special guest like Liger be unlockables and will you also be able to get access in the same way to previous TNA champions or NWA champions in this way?

It would be I feel a good addition if done right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
As noted earlier today on PWInsider.com, Midway Games announced officially that they had inked a deal to produce the first TNA video game, which will be released in 2007. In the past, Dixie Carter has always held out for what she felt would be the best video game deal for the company, walking away from previous deals if it wasn't right, so Midway must have come up with the right offer. It should be interesting to see what they come up with to incorporate the look of the six sided ring and the style of the X-Division talents.

2007....CRAP!

But on the other hand.....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/Kutuzov/PROMO.jpg