Dante

Bluestiger99

The only advise I would give to anyone really is to keep everything as simple as you can. As in real life, the best wrestlers are just exaggurated vrsions of themselves.

Take for example me, Boyo: in real life I am 6'3", about 170lbs (just a bit less probably) and don't have any mobility to perform jumps, spins, twisty flashy moves and don't really like being the centre of attention.

Now let's look at the "Boyo" character. The only difference is that wrestler Boyo weighs about 50lbs more, for e-fed reasons :P.

When I was thinking about my move-set I thought of moves that I could probably actually do should I need to. I can't do Swanton Bombs, I can't do Hurricaranas, but I can do hammerlocks, powerslams and back-breakers.

And that's what Boyo does.

The only thing which may be inaccurate is my Spinning Roundhouse Kick (although I did do Tae-Kwon-Do for a while and legit kicked someone in the head with one! :P), and the 360 Tornado Punch, but check out the av.

If you, in real life, are a big fat fella, or short and skinny, or athsmatic, or whatever - then make your character athsmatic, or fat, or diabetic, or whatever.

The point is: YOU have to connect with that character. Yes, it's easy to write a complete fantasy character which does nothing but awesome spotfest matches but if you are a fat git in real life then it will only be a matter of time before you lose interest in writing stuff that you can't actually do.

The key to a great push is to make your character interesting, that means YOU have to be interested in your character, and people can tell straight away when you are becoming bored with your character because people will not read what you have written.

Write the character as close to YOU YOURSELF as you possibly can. :)

Cheers!

My original character was more of an extension of me at the time, well, what I'd want to do - then he evolved into the roided up freak.

Arkham started as a bit of fun, and it's just too damn enjoyable to write for, so he stays. :)

Oh, and I keep on telling Baz that he's really Keith Jaxx. :lol

*runs away

Suck my genetalia until they drop off through overuse you set of rather nasty people!

Oh yeah, he's definately Jaxx. :P

Excellent points made, Boyo. I've modeled Twiggie after myself, except hes also an exaggerated stereotype of a hippy as well.

And Dante, keep on truckin'. You're doing good.

Sorry buddy! Completely missed this thread until now!

Dante has a defined character as "The Assassin" and there's lots of things in the future that you could play around with

I've enjoyed the feud with you, as i have with other strong and defined characters, much like Atken. You're a dedicated writer and this thread suggests that your also open to comments from other members, which will certainly do you no harm in progressing up the proverbial ladder

As Darky said, keep up the work that you are doing at the moment and i'm sure it'll be just a matter of time :thumbsup

I like your character, I like how you've drawn on influences from your favourite wrestlers and then created your own with its own little darkadge that can be pushed further...

At the moment the stuff between you and Telf is great so keep going and look for the odd avenue to exploit as far as evoultion goes as well.

After reading your latest tag match, I have a comment which might help you (and others).

Remember to refer to people by their "Aliases" or other things - I noticed you used Twig, which is nice, but euphamisms work well too.

Like for Boyo:

The Welshman, The Biggest Jackass of them All, The Jackass, etc.

For Arkham:

The big guy, The Insane One, The Tag Champ (since he is ;)).

For Dante:

The Assassin, The Missouri native, the 240 pounder.

You get the idea.

It mixes up the writing and makes it flow a little easier - this should mean that the reader has to stick more with your match. :)

Does that make sense?

Oh, yeah. I totally agree with Fill here. Not just for you Dante, but it makes the match more engaging when you refrein from repeating the same words as much as you can. For instance, find different ways to talk about how someone is picked up off the ground: yanked up by the hair, allowed to rise to their feet, etc. Just try to keep it fresh and interesting... Buy a thesaurus too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

No one has appeared to follow Dante's sig so I thought I would. My thoughts on Dante at the moment are.... well there aren't any. I can't see what he's about or why he's near the top end of the roster (from current work I mean, not including the fact he's a former WHC etc etc). I think that you need to be giving the viewing public some examples of what makes Dante special otherwise he's coming of as a Kevin Thorne-alike. Stay away from the old "blood dripping out from the walls" kind of spooky that you had going on before and just be plain scary in the "what the F'n hell was that" kind of scary.

Since the bookers are feeding you jobbers take the oppertunity to do something with them. Make Dante feared instead of living of past glories...