battle royals

han89

i was thinking about this and thought of asking about it.

since i have been here for only 3 monthes now, i dont know if any battle royal match was done in TWOstars before. If it was done, was it fresh or old? was done in along time or recently?

i was thinking if we could have one, it would be fun, everyone would write a part and combining them would be a nice thing to read. I know it is a hard thing, but is it possible to be done or will the bookers, Darkie and Chris, consider it soon?

Thanks.

Han

• 2 weeks later...

Saz

Why should you have to be asked? The Chav returned to the roster, now unless I'm informed otherwise (like Redman asked me) if i book an "all roster over the top rope abttle royal" then All the roster will be featured.

If you were feuding with Twiggie it would have been nice to inform the bookers.

That's nice for you Chris, usually bookers TELL people what they are planning and when someone is involved.

I had no warning the Chav was going to be put into a battle Royal, it is not on the official booking thread or in that Battle royal section.

So don't talk down to me Christof!

I never got chance to set up anything, a couple of words and now he's at Twiggie's throat in a rumble or whatever?

I may be in the roster, but I thought that everyone was consulted before being used, or is it now we'll do whatever Christof wants, because if it is, this will be the shortest comeback you will see in a long time!

I'm sorry, but I have every right to be pissed by this, whoever is responsible for it.

Saz

Saz, pick up your toys mate, you're better than this.

The booking thread showed TBA, surely that is an indication that we didn't want the Main Event spoilered. No one had the chance to set anything up because as you can read from the show it was an announcement then the match straight to follow.

if I had PM'ed every participant about their involvement then surely this would have spoiled the principle of the match.

Again if you were feuding with Twiggie why not tell us. It is normal for myself and DS to decide on who we want feuding and then let the workers know. Just now I've had someone contact me to ask if we have any plans for their wrestler this week, if you want information just ask. In understand you want to feud with Twiggie but what if we had decided to throw you into the WHC mix seeing as Chav went on about wanting a proper title shot at No Mercy.

If you are going to book yourself then don't blame the bookers when things like this happen.

In all fairness though Saz, I wasn't asked about this, nor do i think anyone else was.

The whole point of this battle royal was that it was a suprise, so Holt & DS couldn't have gone around the whole fed asking every member "do you want to be put into a number contender's battle royal?" - otherwise this would surely take the whole suprise element out of it

What i would have a problem with is if my character got put in a singles match against someone and end up losing, especially if he's suppossed to be on a hot run heading into a PPV. But i doubt that would happen without prior consultation

EDIT: Written at the same point as Holt, pretty much says the same thing

The way I see it, since the bookers tell the workers what to do, which feuds to go in and which matches they're in, being asked if you can be used in a match is "creative control", and the only 2 people who have creative control over their characters are the bookers.

If you (personally) was on a show and the bookers said "we're going to have a battle royale, you're in it" and you said "hang on, I wasn't asked if I wanted to be in a battle royale" then you'd be laughed at.

The match was a surprise to everybody apart from the bookers and the writer, and this is usually a good thing for matches like this.

thank you Dante for the battle royal. i loved it. it was great if not perfect! as for Saz, a battle royal that was not announced at the beginning of the week and that came as a surprise to everyone...do you actually think you should be asked if you were to be used? look how TLA was used, he was ridiculised and i had no idea he was going to be used like that in a battle royal but i aint angry or pissed off because it was funny and it was a good addition to the show. so with all due respect to you, i don't think you have the right to be pissed off.
  • Like 1

Tbeing asked if you can be used in a match is "creative control"' date=' and the only 2 people who have creative control over their characters are the bookers.[/quote']

Technically that's incorrect

If Saz wanted to be asked to have the Chav used in the battle royal, then that's booking control, not creative control. The individual writer has creative control over their character - it's always been that way, and if it wasn't, things would suck

The bookers are there (as i see it) to say "right you're in this feud, and it will end at this ppv with this person winning". Rather than telling them how to go about it

If you (personally) was on a show and the bookers said "we're going to have a battle royale' date=' you're in it" and you said "hang on, I wasn't asked if I wanted to be in a battle royale" then you'd be laughed at.[/quote']

This is not a real show, this is not paid work, people pay me as a professional wrestler and I do as they say, this is a forum, it is a place that people can relax and have fun.

My point is that I hinted that the Chav might go for Twiggy then suddenly find straight after that he's in a Royal Rumble in a full blown feud. I wasn't consulted which, if I remember was one of the big things about TWO, creative control over your character.

Now we have frickin' Vince McMahon here telling me to be a professional and pick up my toys. I know professional, I've just had someone pounding my face and trusting me not to kill him.

This is a story telling area of a forum, so please let's not act like we're actually in a federation, because we are not, this is fan fiction.

I have solved the whole problem for you anyway.

Saz

Saz dude, yu are way to good a writer to just leave like that

Christof was indeed a little brash with the whole ordeal, and I understand your point, but it was a surprie match that no one knew about before hand, you weren't the only one left out of the loop.

As far as creative control I do believe that one of the foundations of this E fed was that we indeed had a large say in what we wanted to do in feuds,

I have solved the whole problem for you anyway.

Wow, there is over-reacting and there's over-reacting.

After the whole build up over months for your return and you throw it away like that?

Why not just spend some time speaking it through with Darkstar and Christof?

Then again, if you are going to react like this every time you have a disagreement, then maybe it could be for the best.

I did intend to keep out of this, however I feel like I should explain my personal position on this.

As far as I am concerned there should have been no problem with Chav being in that match, its a good way to help the fued begin, OK it didnt do that, but thats just one of those things.

I can see why Saz would have liked to have been consulted, but at the risk of being a bit nasty, tough! Bad things happen, in retrospect you were probably right but your outburst wasnt. Sorry, but thats how I see it.

As for this

This is a story telling area of a forum, so please let's not act like we're actually in a federation, because we are not, this is fan fiction.

From the start we pointed out it was to be booked like a real fed, yes its fiction but its still booked. Its the style of efed we are, everything is done as though its a 'real fed' as you put it.

Im sorry that you are upset over how you were used, Im sorry that you want to leave. But fairs fair, you did over react buddy.

For those that think I overreacted please re-read this:

I may be in the roster' date=' but I thought that everyone was consulted before being used, or is it now we'll do whatever Christof wants, because if it is, this will be the shortest comeback you will see in a long time![/quote']

That is the impression I've got and that is what I have done.

Oh, and deleting the post doesn't change anything.

Surely going by your attitude of consulting everybody that means in arranging a "surprise" battle royal everyone would know about it and thus surprise ruined.

Was their any logical reason to why The Chav would not be in a Number One contendership battle royal?

Oh and for those who felt that I had an outburst I sincerely apologise.

My issue is not being in the Battle royal Christof, my issue is not being consulted about how the Chav would react in the situation, everybody asked me before using the character when I first did TWOStars and I mean everyone, there is no Chav blurb at the moment so there is no point of reference to the character.

You throw him in a battle royal with a person who doesn't quite appreciate what the Chav is like and you ruin the ethos of the Chav, which has been done in this situation.

The fundamental that the Chav is a character that had life was partly what made him as a character back then, people wanted to get him right, because the Chav was a great gimmick.

Not so more it seems...

I don't expect anyone to understand, that is how it was and if it's not the case now then that's that.

R.I.P. Chav