So far who do you think time and time again had the best matches for 2005?

The Franchise

I'd totally agree with your choices there Franchy

However, without randomly trying to toot the horn of HHH when it's not granted - i think he's had a good year (which has pretty much been his programme with Batista) in the fact that he did a fantastic job in putting Dave over, particularly making him look much better than he actually is - right from New Years Revolution, not to mention jobbing to him 3 (yes all you Triple Haterisers out there, that was THREE) straight PPV's

One only has to look and the work Batista's done since then, i.e, moving to Smackdown. His feud with JBL was just god awful, the Great American Bash performance was about on par with Steiners at the Rumble in 2003. The No Mercy match with Eddie was better, but still nothing, in my opinion on any of the 3 Tista - HHH matches

I'd totally agree with your choices there Franchy

However, without randomly trying to toot the horn of HHH when it's not granted - i think he's had a good year (which has pretty much been his programme with Batista) in the fact that he did a fantastic job in putting Dave over, particularly making him look much better than he actually is - right from New Years Revolution, not to mention jobbing to him 3 (yes all you Triple Haterisers out there, that was THREE) straight PPV's

One only has to look and the work Batista's done since then, i.e, moving to Smackdown. His feud with JBL was just god awful, the Great American Bash performance was about on par with Steiners at the Rumble in 2003. The No Mercy match with Eddie was better, but still nothing, in my opinion on any of the 3 Tista - HHH matches

Yes, but God did that HHH/Tista fued get boring quick...

They werent booking in advance, for 4 months it had the same formula-

20 min HHH promo, some kind of tag match, alternate beatdown to Trips or Batista. For FOUR months! Yawn.

If I had to pick a handful of guys that has indeed IMO has had some of the very best matches for 2005 time and time again on regular telecasts and PPV's I would have to say:

HBK

A.J.Styles

Shelton Benjamin

Kurt Angle

So, who do you guys think has had better success here?

Can't believe you forgot "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels. Possibly the most consistently good performer of 2005. His matches with AJ, Aries, Williams and the 3-way with Joe & AJ (haven't seen the BFG Ironman yet) have been outstanding and I can say hand on heart that I look forward to seeing him in action again and again.

Can't believe you forgot "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels. Possibly the most consistently good performer of 2005. His matches with AJ' date=' Aries, Williams and the 3-way with Joe & AJ (haven't seen the BFG Ironman yet) have been outstanding and I can say hand on heart that I look forward to seeing him in action again and again.[/quote']

You're right. I forgot the self proclaimed"Mr.TNA". I do love watching his matches too.:xyx

Most of the "X" division matches are always good as well.Especially the triple threat and Ultimate"X" matches.

Chris(topher) Daniels is the MVP of 2005 for me. Excellent in-ring, has had very, very few matches that weren't good in TNA and RoH. I keep mentioning Joe, and why I don't consider him to be as great as people think, and Daniels is the opposite of why i dislike Joe. Every mach features new things, and much like Flair, when he does use the same things, they look fresh.

When TNA were still a very small company, WWE should of snapped him up. The closest worker to Michaels, and frankly 2005 Daniels, is miles ahead of 2005 Michaels. Daniels now, better than HBK in the mid-90's possibly?

Another for me, would have to be CM Punk. People will talk about how WWE will restrict him, but I disagree. He wrestles the same sort of the style, that Jericho does, and Y2J is one of the best workers in WWE, with restrictions. Punk is very vversatile in the ring, so I can see him being a success in WWE> While he hasn't got the perfect look, there is always an exception to the case. Foley was, and there is no reaosn why Punk can't.

Anyway, he is a brilliant worker.

Black Tiger, Austin Aries, Homicide, Jay Lethal, James Gibson, AJ Styles, Triple H, Kurt Angle, and Shawn Michaels have all been very good throughout 2005 aswell.

Daniels < HBK. Shawn Michaels is the greatest in ring performer of all time ever. Hulks got his own points and his who he is and did what he did, but in terms of being the complete package, Shawn Michaels will never be beaten. And to this day, Shawn Michaels is the best wrestler 2005

If somebody else wants to run with it, I'm perfectly happy with that. :)

As for the best matches?

Kurt, HBK, AJ, Daniels and Joe.

All have put on great matches time and time again, no matter who the opponent.

Honourable mentions to:

Eddie, Benoit, Rey (even though he's a spot monkey), Chris Sabin and Abyss (for a big man he's enjoyable).