• Triple H
    • HBK
    • JBL
    • Kurt Angle
    • Y2J
    • The Rock
    • Other

'Mr Perfect' Curt Hennig

all you have to do is watch one Mr Perfect match from the early 90's and watch one of his promo's and you'll know he is one of WWE's greatest heels, in my opinion he's the best.

and if you going to have a great heel EVER you have to add people like

Sgt Slaughter

Ted DiBiase

Macho Man Randy Savage (or should i say Macho "King")

Don Muroco

Razor Ramon

Rick Rude

Edited by Ryan

'Mr Perfect' Curt Hennig

all you have to do is watch one Mr Perfect match from the early 90's and watch one of his promo's and you'll know he is one of WWE's greatest heels, in my opinion he's the best.

Mr perfect was a great talent without question, but one of the greatest heel, i dont think so, he was too small to be feared, he was never a main event heel.

'Mr Perfect' Curt Hennig

Sgt Slaughter

Ted DiBiase

Don Muroco

Razor Ramon

Rick Rude

I agree I shoulda added macho, but the rest were barely big named heels and I was trying to get a mix of old and new guys

Mr perfect was a great talent without question' date=' but one of the greatest heel, i dont think so, he was too small to be feared, he was never a main event heel.[/quote']

see people have a go at me for not doing this so its only fair....

......i said in MY opinion he's the greats, opinions are far from facts.

he wasnt Main Evenmt material because he wasnt given a chance to be, during his best WWE days the limelight was hogged up by Hulk Hogan & The Ultimate Warrior & Macho Man, and his days in WCW were over shadowed by crap managment, atleast AWA knew what to do with talent when they saw it.

Without question one of the greatest heels has got to be Rowdy Roddy Piper, the man had balls, guts, he was a natural heel, cocky and he could talk and easily get under people's skin and remember he is one of the pillars that this business was built on, without Piper, then Hogan would not be so popular, you always need a good heel against a good face, and Piper was a great heel

I agree I shoulda added macho' date=' but the rest were barely big named heels[/quote']

Ted DiBiase, never had a face day, one of the best heels....wait i'll do better, one of the best ever to never hold the WWE title.

Sgt Slaughter not a big name, ok, during his anti-american he was a BIG heel in WWE.

ok Razor Ramon wasnt as big but he was a great heel, when teaming with Ric Flair they were a pair to draw to.

Rick Rude is also someone who should of captured the WWE but like Hennig Rude's best WWE days were over shadowed by Hogan, Warrior, Macho etc.

Ted DiBiase, never had a face day, one of the best heels....wait i'll do better, one of the best ever to never hold the WWE title.

Sgt Slaughter not a big name, ok, during his anti-american he was a BIG heel in WWE.

ok Razor Ramon wasnt as big but he was a great heel, when teaming with Ric Flair they were a pair to draw to.

Rick Rude is also someone who should of captured the WWE but like Hennig Rude's best WWE days were over shadowed by Hogan, Warrior, Macho etc.

I equate Slaughters heel heat to the WWE "striking while the iron is hot" the same they did with Hassan. I mean if they cant be heel without being anti-american during wartime, thats not really that good. Thats why Flair, Austin, and the rest are so good IMO, they knew how to change with the times and were not one dimensional.

Sgt Slaughter

Ted DiBiase

Don Muroco

Razor Ramon

Rick Rude

To add to that, you've not mentioned any of the great heel managers. People like Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Hart, Slick, Freddie Blassie.

To add to that' date=' you've not mentioned any of the great heel managers. People like Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Hart, Slick, Freddie Blassie.[/quote']

i didnt forget them i was just mentioning wrestlers, but yeh your absoltelym right, and IMO the best heel manger is Bobby Heenan.

Weasel Weasel Weasel Weasel :lol

I don't think you can really define a greatest heel of all time. Different guys at different times all had the magic of making people hate them.

Roddy Piper - Mid eighties

Andre the Giant - Late eighties

Randy Savage - Late eighties

The early nineties perhaps didn't really produce many really over the top heels, but I liked Bob Backlund's heel run.

Heading into the late nineties to the present day, The Rock, Triple H and Vince McMahon were/are all exellent heels. A special mention for Shawn Michaels when he wrestles in Canada.

If I HAD to name the best heel of all time, then Ric Flair gets the nod. Not always the heel and he did turn back and forth alot, but when in full heel motion, he was pretty damn hated.

The early nineties perhaps didn't really produce many really over the top heels' date=' but I liked Bob Backlund's heel run.[/quote']

excuse me if i disagree, Rick Rude, Ric Flair, Razor Ramon, Mr Perfect (especially Mr Perfect) Earthquack (not so much Earthquake but his fued with hogan got him some good heel reactions)

excuse me if i disagree' date=' Rick Rude, Ric Flair, Razor Ramon, Mr Perfect (especially Mr Perfect) Earthquake (not so much Earthquake but his fued with hogan got him some good heel reactions)[/quote']

Oops! I did forget Rick Rude, man I suck!

I did mention Ric Flair, but didn't place him in a specific era. The Quake did get some good heel reactions, but so did Boss Man, Bundy, Sid and Orndorf, but I ask: Was that because they were exellent heels or because Hogan was such a good face?

Razor Ramon - Meh. I don't think he realy proved that much as a hell under that gimmick.

Mr Perfect was a good heel, but the lack of decent feuds really took away from it.

i didnt forget them i was just mentioning wrestlers, but yeh your absoltelym right, and IMO the best heel manger is Bobby Heenan.

Weasel Weasel Weasel Weasel :lol

Yup, no question. When in full heel mode, you just wanted to go up and pop him in the gob and tell him to shut it, and that's what made him great.

Ted DiBiase - i just loved to hate this guy when i was younger. It's obviously not until i grew up and realised what wrestling is all about that i looked back and knew what a fantastic job he was doing

Certainly not the BEST heel of all time, but another who i thought did a great job with his character was The Mountie

I cannot believe a list of "Greatest Heels " would not have Ric Flair, Rick Rude, Randy Savage, Roddy Piper, Jake Roberts and Ted Dibiase on.

All of the above were and are the greatest heels in wrestling history, I honestly don't think people understand the role the above men played in making the WWE so popualr in the 80's.

As Roddy Piper said to Hulk Hogan - "Do you think they would have loved you, if they hadn't hated me?"

My pick would have to go with either Flair (mid 80's Horsemen style) - so over as a heel, he just made people hate him so much, especially in his feud with Dusty Rhodes, the arrogance of Flair is what made him.

Or

Roddy Piper - mid 80's - When he beat up Dave Wolfe and the rest of the MTV connection leading up to Wrestlemania has to be some of the greatest heel work of all time, plus not to mention Piper's Pit when he hit Jimmy Snuka with the infamous coconut.

Edited by Dan

Roddy Piper Vs. The Mountie at the Royal Rumble 1992 for the IC title was great, Piper good great face reactions and so did Mountie with Hell reactions, i liked Mounties promo before that match

"Im The Mountie, eeeeehhhhh" *prods taser towards the camara*

I voted for HHH because i think he is the only man who people generally love to hate and have more reasonable opinions to hate him. Of course it was close between him, Ric Flair (The four horsemen), the nWo on a whole, even Bret Hart was a good heel around 97 with the canadian gimmick, Ted Dibiase was brilliant and so was the Dudleyz in ECW who got huge heel reactions.