Who are the WWE using wrongly at the moment?

Danny Styles

Everyone is saying that the WWE are misusing alot of their talent (me included)

so i was wondering.. who do you think is bein misused.. i want names people :thumbsup

mine are:

Christian: one of the best talents in the WWE.. made to look a joke

Simon Dean... can wrestle well.. shouldn't be a joke

The Mexicools.. three of the best crusers in the world.. could have great feuds against each other.. not as a stable to insult mexicans

Paul Birchall: great talent.. not being allowed to show it

William Regal: showed as the commisioner that he could hang at a main event level... now relegated to velocity

Matt Hardy: should be challenging for US title minimum

Eddie Gurrero: at the moment for me his gimmick is confused.. he should just be the lyin cheatin and stealin again

Paul London: great wrestler.. could have had great feuds over the cruser belt with the mexicools e.g

Kane: should never have lost mask... should never have had the lita angle... his character is dead

Shelton Benjamin (thanks telf) best fresh talent in the WWE at the moment.. showed what he could do with the IC title... future WWE champ... needs to be given a push and more mic time and a good gimmick

there is a few to get the ball rolling.. i'll post some more when i think of them :thumbsup

Edited by Danny Styles

Christian - Peep show is a great idea and the set up for a Harsy feud on this weeks Smackdown would have been perfect, yet they scrapped that. Simply not enought TV time for this guy

Kane - has unfortunately been at the sour end of some terrible creative decisions. When there's a slight indication he's going to be pushed, it all crumbles. An example of this was at the start of the Edge/Lita thing where there was a backstage skit with the camera in his face when he said "Iiiiiiiii'm baaaaack" - I thought, "Sweet! Kane's gonna be booked as a monster again!" But ney, they capitalise on the Matt situation and his character looks a bit of a fool

Big Show - Should really be heel, plays the part of the big monster very well when given the chance. I have absolutely no idea why he's coming out waving to the fans and cracking jokes. He should be booked as the guy who "cannot be beat"

Shelton Benjamin - Had an excellent run with the IC title, then all of a sudden he's no where. He's gone from being somebody who people were talking about headlining Wrestlemania 22, to someone who's not being talked about at all. A fantastic athlete being wasted

For me its got to be the following: -

Paul London - is you have ever seen his matches from Ring of Honnor, his classic matches against the likes of AJ Styles and Low Ki, you will understand the great talent, the WWE have in their hand if they use him properly.

Matt Striker - This guy is one of the cleverest and funniest copycat wrestler around, just catch his matches on 3pw, he is truely entertaining

Rey Misterio - This guy they keep changing from cruiserweight contender to World championship contender, they should keep him in the cruiserweight division.

Edge - This guy always seems so close to the main event for years and never seem allowed to reach there.

Shelton Benjamin - he is far better then HBK but yet they only keep him in midcard, he needs a major push to the top

Kane - needs the mask back on and thats about it, he was great under the mask but once it went downhill, under the mask as a heel = champ

The Diva's - this may suprise you but I think they are used all wrong, the big reason they are wrestling! - they should be there as eyecandy with wrestlers only occasionally intefering like they used to many years ago... they are not wrestler and never should try!

Benjamin

Christian

Kane

^all the obvious reasons

but one person for sure who's being misused is,

HBK, make him a heel, I'm honestly sick of this happy go-lucky, hopping around Michaels. It was such a breath of fresh air when he was a heel during his feud with Hogan, when he said "you wanted the old HBK back, well you got 'em" I thought for sure it was gonna be longer than the Hogan match

Benoit - Should be World Title Material

Christian - Likewise

ALL Cruserweights- Use this division properyl before taking about freakin midgets

Benjamin - Could also be world title material.

Regal- Can Wrestle so why not let him, US Champ level easy.

Scotty too Hotty - I know I mentioned cruserweights already but this guy has talent so lose that dumb gimmick.

Simon Dean - As above.

Eugene - Lose the Gimmick and push him to World Title

I am really sick of people saying the WWE is "wasting" the cruiserweights. No one effing responds to them. Other than Scotty 2 Hotty, the crowd doesnt care about them as they get ZERO response unless its to a high spot. They suck on the mic and have no idea how to work a crowd.

I am really sick of people saying the WWE is "wasting" the cruiserweights. No one effing responds to them. Other than Scotty 2 Hotty' date=' the crowd doesnt care about them as they get ZERO response unless its to a high spot. They suck on the mic and have no idea how to work a crowd.[/quote']

The reason we say they are wasted is becuase WWE won't let them do a proper cruiser match, i.e they are limited to how many high spots they are allowed and there is so many restrictions on how they can wrestle...

In any other company (TNA or RoH for example) you watch a cruiser match and it blows the rest out of the water the WWE could have that if they'd allow them to do their thing

Edited by Nemesis Enforcer

The reason we say they are wasted is becuase WWE won't let them do a proper cruiser match, i.e they are limited to how many high spots they are allowed and there is so many restrictions on how they can wrestle...

In any other company (FWA for example) you watch a cruiser match and it blows the rest out of the water the WWE could have that if they'd allow them to do their thing

Yeah, but the WWE has chosen to not have that. I dont know why, but whatever. It doesnt take away from the fact that almost NO ONE responds to them during their entrances or during their promos. Ive even heard boring chants during the matches when they are doing the same things Benoit and Angle would get responses from. The biggest pop a cruiserweight gets is when he does a spot. Guys like Benoit, Angle, Kane, Taker, HHH, Flair, HBK they know how to get a reaction without a spot and thats what the WWE wants in their company.

Guys like Benoit' date=' Angle, Kane, Taker, HHH, Flair, HBK they know how to get a reaction without a spot and thats what the WWE wants in their company.[/quote']

They get reactions cos WWE has had them as top liners for so long its been bred into the fans to cheer for them, give a cruser weight that much exposure for that long and you'll get the same reaction

They get reactions cos WWE has had them as top liners for so long its been bred into the fans to cheer for them' date=' give a cruser weight that much exposure for that long and you'll get the same reaction[/quote']

have you seen Benoit vs. Eddie/Regal/Finlay from WCW. They were just starting out and they still got the same responses. Its called sucking the crowd in, and the cruisers have no idea how to do it.

You could pretty much take the entire WWE roster and argue that they're all being used wrongly. The monkeys in creative don't know their arse from their elbow. But the main ones that are being used horribly despite being very talented wrestlers are Tajiri, Val Venis, Rob Conway, Nunzio, Paul London, Spanky, Psichosis, Super Crazy, Juventud Guerrera, William Regal, MNM, Christian and Chris Benoit.

Val Venis would probably be at the top of the list because at least all of the other wrestlers I have mentioned are on the main shows over twice a year. Venis is a tremendously underrated wrestler who could very easily fit into either the upper mid card or the main event, but for some reason the WWE seems determined to bury him and continues to saddle the guy with a horrible gimmick that should have been abandoned a long time ago. Venis can sell as good as anyone in the WWE, can talk, can wrestle, can make other wrestlers look good (he made Chris Masters look better in a 4 minute than the almighty Trips made Batista look in all of their matches combined. Speaking of HHH, Venis is SO far ahead of that guy in every area it isn't even funny, the only thing that separates the two is that for some reason HHH was pushed to the moon and Venis wasn't), has a pretty good look and is still over despite years of burying so why the hell are people like Randy Orton or Chris Masters being pushed and Val Venis isn't?

I see no reason why someone like Paul London couldn't be a great mid card-upper mid card underdog, pretty boy babyface, but I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon. I laugh when people say the cruiserweights aren't over, as if they're to blame for not being over. You could have taken Steve Austin in 1998 have him be squashed in every match, tone him down, never give him mic time, never give him a chance to develop his character and he would not get over. I don't see how it is the cruiserweights fault that they aren't getting huge pops in every match. WWE fans watch these guys and see wrestlers who have been toned down and wrestle like bland mini heavyweights. Instead of giving the fans a reason to care about people like Spanky or Super Crazy, instead of separating them from the heavyweights and making them an alternative to them, they wrestle exactly like the heavyweights do and are never ever given mic time. Why the hell would the fans, after years of being told big is good, small is bad care about a bunch of small guys who wrestle like the bland heavyweights anyway? The WWE has never ever tried to find a way of making the Cruiserweights a special attraction, as something different from what they're seeing in the main event, they have never given the fans a reason to care about cruiserweight wrestling. I guarantee that if a guy like Spanky was given adequate mic time and along with people like Crazy or Paul London were allowed to go all out in the ring, they would get very over in a short period of time. People like Tajiri, RVD or Rey Mysterio when they debuted were all something different from what the fans were used to and so they got over quickly based on their ring work alone. I see no reason why a Paul London couldn't do the same, but instead he has been toned down beyond belief and wrestles 2 minute matches (usually being squashed by yet another talentless big guy) on an show which most people don't even see. I hate when people say the cruiserweights don't know how to work a crowd. A guy like Spanky is easily one of the most naturally charismatic wrestlers on the roster and he knows how to work a crowd. It isn't his fault the WWE hasn't allowed him to do so.

Why William Regal isn't kicking people in the face and stretching the crap out of them in main events is beyond me.

Edited by Naitch

Shelton Benjamin' date=' Kane, Christian, Paul London, Kerwin White, Matt Hardy, The Mexicools, The Hurricane, Val Venis, Eugene, Tajiri, Tyson Tomko, Danny Basham, Doug Basham, Rosey, William Regal, Steven Richards, etc.[/quote']

Your just saying all the people that aren't being used at all, anyone can answer that, the question is that who do you think is being used wrongly, i think Tyson is being used in a good way because he is lucky to still have a job, same with Rosey, and Steven Richards simply can't just find any feud at all which is a shame, maybe he should just go to TNA as well where all of the old ECW alumni are now.

The difference between Austin and the cruiserweights is Austin has personality. The WWE gave London and Kidman a feud and guess what, no one cared. Both of them sound like whiny kids with high pitched voices saying "im gonna get you." They have no presence when they get on the mic the few times they have had, so why should the WWE give them anymore? Look at Chris Jericho in WCW, he had something that the crowd respoded to right away when he turned heel. They wanted to hate him. Earlier this year, Paul London tried essentially the same cocky/whiny heel gimmick and no one gave a crap.

If the WWE gives someone a lot of mic time, like say Orton or Masters in the beginning they are "being shoved down our throat" however if you do it for the cruiserweights its "giving them their mic time." :roll

How much mic time did Benoit get in WCW? VERY little. He had no gimmick other than he was a bad ass who would whoop anyone if given the chance. Thats what the fans loved. Did the fans give a crap about his best of 7 with Booker because of the stunning proms? Hell no. They got it done in the ring, they knew how to make the crowd interested.

But in any other promotion they can do it in the ring, and not just because of the promotion with a diff set of fans. WWE have a different style and thats called originality and not called Innovation which is what i hate the most with WWE. London and Kidman would have some of the best matches in TNA or ROH history, because they will have the right sort of match doing the right things, WWE don't let that happen, so the fans aren't interested because it's not the best of London and Kidman, but obviously this isn't their faults, the difference between them and Masters and Orton are that the WWE actually like Orton and Masters and actually want them to be big.