Greatest Face of all time?

Dan

I don't think this topic has been posted (at least not for a while anyway), but who is the greatest face of all time?

Coud it be, Sting?, Hulk Hogan ? Ultimate Warrior ? The Rock ? Ricky Steamboat? just to name a few.

So who would you pick as the "Greatest Babyface of all time", and why?

Hulk Hogan. He's the most popular face of all time and has made more money being a face than anyone else has.

Does that make him the best face of all time? Maybe. If you look at this as the greatest drawing face or the most sucessful face, then yes Hulk Hogan by a mile.

For me it has to be Ricky Steamboat. The guy was so over with the fans it was unbelieveable, he had the good guy look, he seemed he could do no wrong, and the best part about it is that he was a awsome worker.

I cannot argue that Hogan was more popular than Steamboat, but from a personal choice I have to pick Steamboat as the greatest face of all time, he just seemed like he could do no wrong.

I suppose it could be said that Steamboat's popularity could be put down to some of the awsome heels he was up against like Flair, Savage and Rick Rude, but Steamboat still had the ultra good guy persona which always shined through in his matches, and promos.

Steamboat never turned heel, but I suspect if his career hadn't ended in 1994 he would have at some point towards the end of his career.

Didn't Steamboat NEVER turn heel in his whole career because he was so popular ? I might be wrong but if it's true then he should really be up there.

I think it's more because he was such a nice bloke in reality. Plus, he worked so hard at selling moves realistically it'd make no sense to turn him heel.

I think it's more because he was such a nice bloke in reality. Plus' date=' he worked so hard at selling moves realistically it'd make no sense to turn him heel.[/quote']

I think your bang on AC, from all the interviews I've read etc the Steamboat on TV was pretty much the real life Steamboat, just minus the wings, fire breating and fighting the masked ninjas.

You certainly won't find a better seller than Steambaot.

Tommy Dreamer i'd say he was just as good a seller as Steamboat was

[EDIT]the best seller IMO although people may disagree is Dean Malenko, not once have a i seen him be on the recieving end of a move and made it look fake.

Edited by Ryan

Hogan' date=' hands down, is the greatest face, he proved that in his match vs. The Rock even though he was a heel the fans were chanting for Hogan.[/quote']

I was in the 5th row and was chanting for Hogan.

Without a shadow of a doubt Hogan takes it - no matter what he does, the crowd will cheer for him - apart from that period when he first joined the NWO.