What DVD's/Films are you watching at the moment?!?

Evil Gringo

Much like the music thread everyone once in a while has to watch a DVD, its either that or be depressed by crap TV or the fact that at the moment maybe you can't go out due to the large collection of moths in your wallet....

So what are you TWOites watching at the moment?

For me the last ones I watched where...

Batman Begins (2 Disc Special Edition, present from Mamacita)

Fight Club (Who would you fight? My boss probably...)

Mean Girls.... (No comment)

So what about you guys?

i'm watching the "Crash Holly Shoot Interview" i bought from highspots.com

http://www.highspots.com/www/stores_app/images/images_125/crash_dvd.jpg

24 hours a day... 7 days a week...

He was hardcore at the peak of WWE's popularity.

Mike Lockwood, Crash's real name, started as a small kid with a big desire to wrestle.

Lockwood talks about getting started in the San Francisco area in 1989, and how he struggled through the first years of his career.

How did he start with All Pro Wrestling? Lockwood discusses his relationship with Donovan Morgan and Mike Modest and as well as meeting promoter Roland Alexander. Lockwood admits that Alexander looked good in the movie Beyond the Mat, and discusses how he is worse than what you see in the movie.

Lockwood talks about his journey across the country to try to make it in ECW. How did Tazz, the Dudleys and other treat him? Why was his stay so short?

How did he get a tryout with the WWE? How did he spend his time in Memphis and Mexico before debuting on TV? Why did he completely hate Mexico, and why did the WWE send him there in the first place?

What did Bob Holly first think when they told him they were giving him a cousin? How did the two became friends? What did Lockwood think of when Bob brutalized Matt Cappotelli during Tough Enough 3?

How did 24/7 come about? What was his favorite 24/7 match? Were any of the ideas his? How was the end of the Wrestlemania 2000 messed up?

Lockwood talks about his reign as WWE Lightweight Champion, and how he was disappointed not to take place in Wrestlemania X-7.

What does he think of the theory that Vince McMahon only favors his own, and those coming from WCW and ECW have a hard time making it? Which wrestlers does he respect?

He talks about his final days with WWE, and how he found out about his release. What are his feelings for the future, including Japan, NWA-TNA and more?

Credit: http://www.highspots.com

anyone else got this?

Edited by Ryan

I've got a big communual pile of DVDs that everyone in my flat has contibuted towards. Sitting in our living room is all of our DVDs, placed one on top of the other, and anyone is free to help themselves to what's there. It's a damn good idea, and one that I'm pleased to say that I co-invented. :)

The last few DVDs I've seen are...

Seinfeld seasons 1, 2 and 3- Probably the greatest sitcom of all time, I've done a fantastic job passing on the word of The Sein to allcomers, and everyone's been impressed.

Curb Your Enthusiasm seasons 1 and 2- I'm counting down the days until I get my Series 4 boxset with some more classic Larry David comedy moments. Again, everyone I've watched it with has been impressed.

Family Guy series 1, 2, 3, 4, 5- I burned a few of the new Family Guy episodes to DVD and put them into paper inserts, and now they slide neatly into my Seasons 1-3 boxset. Everyone knows how funny Family Guy is, no need for explaination here.

Spaced 3 disc collectors' edition- It's amazing that Shaun Of The Dead did so well in the UK and the US (despite it's limited released), and yet so few people are aware of Spaced. If you thought that the comedy parts of Shaun Of The Dead were funny, you should definetly invest in this set. It's loaded with hilarious comedy, references to all kinds of famous and obscure things, tons of extras on the discs and it really is a must buy. Can't recommend this boxset enough.

PRIDE 3, 4 and 26- With my new role as W101 MMA reviewer (Keep checking the site as my Pride 26 review will be up very soon, I hope), I've been sent a load of PRIDE DVDs, including the 3 and 4 special two disc set which isn't out until mid November. It's sitting in a clear plastic box with TESTDISK written on the DVD, and I must be one of the only people in the UK to have this yet. Hot dog. As for my thoughts on the shows, you'll need to read my reviews.

That's what I've been watching, but I've got a few more in the pile that I've yet to lay eyes on.

I'm Alan Partridge series 1 and 2- I can't wait to see this. Both boxes are still wrapped in the polythene it came in a couple of weeks ago, and I need to make time to watch them very soon. Kiss my face.

Ali G In The USAiiii- Ali G isn't very funny. Bruno can have his moments. This is the Borat show ladies and gents, and I can't wait to see this either. It's been opened because I loaned it to a friend after I got it, but I've not had the chance to say Jagshemash to it yet. Eeeeees niiiiiice, I liiiiike.

Mick Foley: Hard Knocks And Cheap Pops- I was desperate to buy this when it first came out, but it was £20 and too expensive for only a 3 hour disk. I bought it from eBay the other day for £2, and I'm looking forward to seeing Bossman Vs Al Snow in the Kennel From Hell with Foley's commentary. Bang Bang!

Coming soooooon (Well, Christmas), here's what I have my eyes on:

Seinfeld seasons 4, 5 and 6- I need to get back up to date with the Seinfeld DVDs, as there's so many classics episodes on here that I can't wait to see again.

Curb Your Enthusiasm season 4- I've been waiting years to see this, and I have no idea if E4 have even started showing it yet. Whether they have or not, it's going to be another Larry David Christmas in the Russ household this year once again.

Arrested Development season 1- Why do I make up half of AD's viewing figures in the UK, with our favourite W101 Video Games Guru and VG Forum Leader making up the other 50%? It's hilarious, it's the smartest show on TV now that Frasier is gone and I can't believe this hasn't taken off yet in a big way due to the quality of the show. Be like me and buy it for Christmas, and you can fall in love with Gob too.

ROH stuff- It's too expensive to buy individual ROH DVDs on their own for only 3 hours run time. Which is why I wait until Christmas and get all my relations to give me money to line Gabe's pockets instead.

Lost season 1- I've only seen some of Lost so far, but I kept missing so much that I gave up and decided to buy the STACKED DVD boxset instead. It's out in the US right now, hopefully it won't be long before it makes it's way here too.

I need more money and time to watch DVDs all day.

I'm Alan Partridge series 1 and 2- I can't wait to see this. Both boxes are still wrapped in the polythene it came in a couple of weeks ago, and I need to make time to watch them very soon. Kiss my face.

got that 2 weeks ago... awsome...

can't wait for the movie.. i hope..:(

I heard that Ben Stiller was a big fan of Steve Coogan and wanted to make an Alan Partridge film where Alan tries to crack America. Unfortunately, that would probably mean that the film would be turned into some kind of horrible version of Bean: The Movie except with a lot more Owen Wilson and Will Ferrell cameos.

I'd still go and see it on opening day anyway.

Arrested Development season 1- Why do I make up half of AD's viewing figures in the UK' date=' with our favourite W101 Video Games Guru and VG Forum Leader making up the other 50%? It's hilarious, it's the smartest show on TV now that Frasier is gone and I can't believe this hasn't taken off yet in a big way due to the quality of the show. Be like me and buy it for Christmas, and you can fall in love with Gob too.[/quote']

I love this show too, as does my mother. Nobody I know seems to have seen it either. Hilarious though, I love it.

I heard that Ben Stiller was a big fan of Steve Coogan and wanted to make an Alan Partridge film where Alan tries to crack America. Unfortunately, that would probably mean that the film would be turned into some kind of horrible version of Bean: The Movie except with a lot more Owen Wilson and Will Ferrell cameos.

I'd still go and see it on opening day anyway.

Jack Black and Matthew Perry are also supposed to be huge fans of the show and want to be in his movie.

Some of my favourite DVD's at the moment:

The Real Slim Shady - has anyone else seen this cartoon??its bloody brillant, they be dissing people like matt damon, ben affleck calling him 'Ben assf**k' in it and also the BRILLANT 'Screech' from Saved by the bell.

Bottom series 1 & 2 - my brother owns both of these so if I being a loner one night drinking alcohol on my own I get a lend of one of these DVD's and laugh my ass off.

Alan Partridge series 1 & 2 - even the starting menu's are funny as hell.

Some in looking to get for the future are:

The Sopranos - Im not sure which series I want to get yet i'll have to try and remember which one had the best Tony Soprano moments in it.

Curb Your enthusiasm - Does this show remind anyone else of Alan Partridge??The one with 'Crazy Eyes Killa' has been my favourite episode so far,very very funny show.

Well, currently i am watching an entirely legal :lol copy of the entire season of Lost on dvd. I am up to the episode where....., nah your alright, i wont spoil it. Other than that i am watching Top Cat, the entire series on DVD, classic cartoon worthy of any collection, followed by the second series of Knight Rider :D

The entire Batman film collection which was a wonderful present of Becki on Saturday night...

I've got every film now apart from the turd 1960's Adam West one.

To be fair gringo it was better than Batman and Robin.

Recently I have been mostly watching.

Batman Begins

Sin City

Scrubs Series 1 and 2

Family Guy Series 4

Looney Tunes All-Stars Volumes 1 and 2

Dazed and Confused

A Hard Day's Night

Ghostbusters

Anchorman