Saw II

MrFill

So, with Saw II coming out very shortly over here, it has to be asked:

If you saw Saw, will you see Saw 2?

I recently saw Saw because Barry told me that I should see Saw, but I had previously decided I didn't really want to see Saw, but we decided to rent it so I saw Saw.

Now, once Saw 2 is out, Barry wants to go and see Saw 2, because Saw is one of his favourite films of the horror/gore variety.

He really wants to see Saw 2, and once he's been he can say that he went to see Saw 2, plus if I got as well, I can say that I saw Saw 2 too.

Sorry, but I had to do this. :D

By the way, read this out loud for the full effect.

Saw was awful. Just awful. 10 points for style, minus a million for execution. Cary Elwes provided a performance so bad it made me long for his days playing Robin in Robin Hood: Men In Tights. There's also the fact that Leigh Wannell (I think that's his name and hated this film so much that I can't be bothered to look it up) wrote the film, and who did he decide to cast in a major part? That's right, himself, despite the fact that he has no training or had ever had a serious part before. His only previous acting work had involved him playing an extra or having one line. Obviously though, he thought he was ready to front a major motion picture.

The film was too focused on trying to give us pointless twists and complicated torture set ups that it forgot to focus on things like acting, plot or scares. I could go on a spoiler filled rant about how I hate this movie and why the big final twist was so ridiculous, but the chances are if you've seen the movie and you're not a 13 year old kid trying to be macho by saying that every horror movie is great, you'll agree with me.

I would like Saw II to be just a passable horror film. I really can't see that happening to be honest.

I thought Saw was fantastic. Granted the acting was not up to scratch but wasn't it supposed to be a budget film? Any film starring Danny Glover without "Lethal Weapon" in the title, is bound to suck - although this one i though was class

Great plot and storyline with some well thought out skits - particularly the one where the woman had that big jaw-breaking old scuber divers helmet on

• 2 weeks later...
i want to see both of them i will ask my mom to buy it :D

If you're going to buy Saw, then try to get the uncut edition case:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000AMWIVM.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

It's a layered case with "blood" and a saw wheel in it. :D

I never actually saw the first film, but i recently watched the second one. I thought it was pretty funny, with the blood and deaths all lacking in scare-factor and too much humour! An interesting set-up but not a film i would reccomend to anyone.

I never actually saw the first film' date=' but i recently watched the second one. I thought it was pretty funny, with the blood and deaths all lacking in scare-factor and too much humour! An interesting set-up but not a film i would reccomend to anyone.[/quote']

What's up with that. You watched the 2nd one before watching the first one. So you seen saw two but you have seen saw, so the question is are you going to see saw to, erm I mean as well:P

Edited by The B-Man

I thought Saw was a fantastic film (one of my top ten films of all time)..Jigsaw is a sadistic lunatic and a mastermind genius at the same time. Its good to see that the villain actually wins the day, instead of the cheesy 'good guy wins' ending which happens in about 99% of films.

I didnt think it was possible, but for me Saw 2 is better than the original. As most people probably haven't seen the sequel yet-I wont give much away, except to say Jigsaw features more heavily in this film and the ending of Saw 2 comes as a surprise much like the original.

You know, I thought the premise for Saw was pretty good. Still I thought it was acted horribly. It pretty much ruined the movie for me. Alsthough Saw 2 was acted better, I found it boring to be honest. There were a few somewhat gory scenes, but ultimately they failed to keep suspence. Like the first Saw the ending came with a twist, but I didn't feel it was big enough to fix the rest of the movie... All in all I give it a C+