The Dress Code

Danny Styles

For a while now WWE has had a dress code... and i have found it to be the stupidest thing ever.... people like undertaker have to wear suits and it doesn't fit into their gimmick...

i think it was WWE's way of killing morale EVEN more and just showing how powerful they are to the talent....

because of the dress code as well people wear suits on TV alot now or just their wrestling gear.. i miss the HHH jean and T-shirt look.. and Kurts red tracksuit bottoms... what people wear on TV now is getting dull because people have to abide to a dress code... I mean what does the dress code do?.. makes WWE look moer professional... itsthe on air talent stuff that makes you professional.. not what you wear to the arena....

and now for a quote

Kid Kash was booked to face Juventud Guerrera for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship in a series of Smackdown house show matches. These matches will not take place, however, as Kash had been pulled from all Smackdown events due to habitual violation of the WWE dress code.

Kash attended a meeting with Vince McMahon in which the dress code was discussed in detail. The next morning, Kash was seen at an airport by WWE management wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

As punishment, Kash was demoted to Deep South Wrestling, a WWE developmental territory. The general consensus is that his WWE career may be in jeopardy.

[/Quote]

:eek :eek :eek oh wow!!! Kid Kash was wearing jeans and a t-shirt at an airport.. god forbid he flies comfortably in jeans and t-shirts..... instead of a hot sweaty suit... its ludacris...

kid kash vs Juve would be great matches and now they are benig taken away and kid kiash in being sent to develpopment FOR WEARING A ****ING T-SHIRT... no wonder the WWE talent hate management so much

Undertaker is one of the few that doesn't need to wear a suit. The dress code is that unless you're known for a certain look (or something along these lines), you need to wear a casual suit. People like Undertaker and Cena are allowed to dress "in character", although if what people say is to be believed, that's how they'd dress anyway as their gimmicks are extensions of their personality.

I don't really see why it's such a big deal to be honest. In the US, it's pretty common for entire sports teams to travel within a dress code. I know for sure that the NBA has it, and I'd assume that some NFL and NHL teams would do the very same. Like anything you're told to adopt instantly, it might take some time to get used to, but if the management tells you to do something, you do it. Otherwise you find yourself in a Paul London type situation where the guys with authority take their frustrations out on the people they don't like.

A group of smartly dressed sportsmen isn't exactly a rare thing to come across in the US, and it's the management's call to make this decision, so the employees should fall into line. Maybe it's unfair how they can't travel in what they'd like or that some people avoid needing to adhere to the code, but if it's a matter on which your job or your push can depend upon it, I'd head to the nearest tailors and order myself a year's supply of shirts, ties, jackets and trousers.

Don't most sports teams now all travel in teh same stuff when they fly or go to games, all the teams are generally in suits for big occasions or team tracksuits. Its meant to present a professional air for the company. I don't see what the problem is, if its company time then they can tell their employees how to dress, i have to wear office attire everyday and when im representing the company outside the office im expected to wear a suit too.

all the teams are generally in suits for big occasions or team tracksuits.

i agree with big occasions.... wear suits to WM.... but wrestlers don't travel togetherdo they... and wrestlers have to wear there suits everyday.. for a worthless houseshow to wrestlemania

WWE aren't really a 'team' not like the bengals or the lakers

i agree with big occasions.... wear suits to WM.... but wrestlers don't travel togetherdo they... and wrestlers have to wear there suits everyday.. for a worthless houseshow to wrestlemania

WWE aren't really a 'team' not like the bengals or the lakers

Why is a house show worthless?

yuh because proffesional wrestling and working in a shop are sooo similar :roll

They are still a job, that you are paid to do. Vince might want the wrestlers to wear certain clothes, and not play computer games etc, and the workers should od as he says. If you are at work, and your boss tells you not to do something, carrying on doing it is stupid, which is why he deserves the punishment.

Kash is a good wrestler, but a tosser. I'm not suprised it wasn't long before he got into trouble, and while I do like him in-ring, he needs to get his act together out of it.

Edited by Jack

It would be different if it was something unreasonable, but is wearing a uniform to work unreasonable, no - so they should do it. If you ask me everyone should wear it no matter what their gimmick is, unless they are going to wear the wrestling attire wherever they go.

People know that wrestling is fake (if not it is lol) so why should wrestlers have to wear suits in their own time as they travel to and from shows... because HHH did all the time and of course Vince then decided that since he and HHH do everyone should.

Its the worse thing ever in my opinion and if only a very big group of wrestlers would get together and say NO for once then things may change for the better

I know that what management says goes, no matter how ridiculous or unfounded the reasons may be. Still sending someone like Kash down to Deep South is just bad business. If he looses his job because he was wearing a t-shirt at the airport, well then... I guess I won't do a damn thing ( :lol ) but I'll be disappointed.

To be honest I thing having all the talent wear suits takes away from the feel of it all. These are supposed to be a bunch of guys who can't control their emotions and fly off the handle at a moments notice (or not, but that's a common gimmick trait).

One thing though: Is Rey expected to wear his mask everywhere he goes? I know it's supposed to be a big deal to see a masked lucha's (or any masked wrestler's) face. But still, ReyRey wrestled without his mask for quite a while in WCW didn't he?