The King Of The Ring.

pinmepayme

Would you like The King Of The Ring to be brought back?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like The King Of The Ring to be brought back?

Would you like to see it brought back into the WWE?

I know i would.

I think it's a great stepping stone for up and coming WWE stars and should be re-introduced.

Okay previous winners such as Mabel/Viscera and Billy Gunn didn't really achieve anything but for everyone one of them there's the likes of Steve Austin, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Edge etc who have all benefitted from winning the annual competition and gone on to become major players within the WWE.

Also, in my opinion, once a year, it made a nice change to the monthly pay-per-view and the usual battles over a title belt or just the ending of a feud.

What's everyone elses thoughts on this?

pinmepayme.

• Like 1

Yeah I liked the KOTR also and I wouldn't mind seeing it come back either. I agree with what Phil said it would have to be a cross barnd promotion with each brand having their KOTR and then crowning an Ultimate one.

Yes, i forgot to mention i would have it both RAW and Smackdown! wrestlers, both having there own qualifiers on there own brands respective shows and then having a dual pay-per-view.

An even better way, in my opinion, would have the brackets set out so during all the rounds wrestlers could only have matches against men on there own brand and the final would have to be a RAW wrestler against a Smackdown! wrestler which i think would make it better.

I'd have 4 guys from RAW and 4 from SD. Each match would be 1 member of RAW and SD against each other. Having guys from the other promotions on RAW and SD would make it more interesting, plus RAW guys could interfere with the SD guys on RAW, and vice versa on SD.

This'd setup feuds for the next few months of cross-promotion PPVs.

But, I'd like to see the Semi-finals and final on the PPV itself like they did originally because it made it way more interesting. I remember Xpac injuring himself in his first match (quarter-final, he cracked a bone in his arm I think) and he carried on and it made his next match (semi) more intense.

I'd like to see this again rather than one of the faceless PPVs like No Mercy (although I found that suprisingly enjoyable this year).

I'd also make it so only up and coming guys were in it, with maybe one or two bigger names to expand it.

What I'd like is for them to bring it back and make it cross promotional, so that each show builds to their own KotR and then you get the "ultimate" KotR.

That way they can have a "push" for somebody up and coming, and provide another dual-show PPV.

Wow, what an original idea :lol

I'd love to see the King of the Ring again. Like the Royal Rumble, it's a way for people to get pushed to the top, and having a Raw and Smackdown King would give two people that push, and then the "Ultimate" King gets the title shot on their respective brand.

The one thing i thought King of the Ring brought to WWE was a bit of a break from the usual. Also it was perfect way to lead viewers into the next show, i.e first round to second round etc

Seems there's a lot of interest in the tournament style, and in particular it gets the "smarks" thinking - whether it be KOTR, the recent(ish) gold rush and sd! no1 contenders tournament at the start of the year, it always attracts

Plus i liked the idea of the winner getting a title shot at Summerslam. That way it gives WWE a nice long build to the August PPV; leaving the fans thinking when the two guys are going to mix it up

Okay previous winners such as Mabel/Viscera and Billy Gunn didn't really achieve anything but for everyone one of them there's the likes of Steve Austin, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Edge etc who have all benefitted from winning the annual competition and gone on to become major players within the WWE.

pinmepayme.

KOTR has never really halped anybody. First KOTR did not get Austin over he didn't even appear on the 3 ppv's after KOTR. It was the fued with Bret Hart that got Austin over.

As for Edge, HHH & Kurt they were already over.

No, I'm not so keen on bringing the King of the Ring back. The KOTR tournaments were too predictable. If they did bring it back who could really gain anything out of winning it?

Say they had one this year and the 8 men chose to compete were: Mr Kennedy........Kennedy, Chris Benoit, Christian, Rey Mysterio, Rob Conway, Shelton Benjamin, Big Show and Carlito. Who would be in the finals? and who would win?

So Kennedy wins the KOTR by beating Big Show or Chris Benoit. Why not just build a feud up between Kennedy and Benoit and have Kennedy go over? Rather than several pointless predictable matches?

Coming out on top after a long, well planned, heated feud will score you far more points than winning 10 random matches in one night.

KOTR has never really halped anybody. First KOTR did not get Austin over he didn't even appear on the 3 ppv's after KOTR. It was the fued with Bret Hart that got Austin over.

As for Edge, HHH & Kurt they were already over.

I never said that the wrestlers you mentioned got 'over' by winning the King Of The Ring i said they benefitted from it which i believe they do.

Maybe Billy Gunn was an exception to that.

KOTR, from how i could see it, wasn't used to put guys over, it was used as a big stepping stone to bigger and better things.

I think it helped The Rock, Austin, HHH, Kurt Angle, Edge etc.