Pro Evolution Soccer 5

Y2James

My brother got it from Gameplay (I can't stress this enough to people, order from Gameplay, it's cheap, free P&P and they send the game as soon as they get it in rather than waiting for the release date as other places do, meaning you get just about any game before it's released 9 times out of 10) and has been giving me commentary down the phone to how it plays.

"Oh, Rangers are licensed. Oh, it's quite slow. Oh, the shooting is different."

Basically, stuff like that for 2 hours. I'm so jealous.

I have now read some review and I have to say they aren't exactly good ones. Each one I have read says the AI has got worse and overall the game just isn't as good as 4. Again the common theme seems to be that if pro evo 4 didn't exist then this would be a good game but as it does it just isn't. I think that has made my decesion for me but will try renting it out at some point to see what it is like for myself.

Anyone going to be playing this online? If enough people have it, maybe a mini league possibly? If there was ever a game to get online for, it has to be this. Someone I know has it online, and apparently it's fairly goo, and what could bebetter than playing againgst real people? I usually struggle with ProEvo, but after a while, I get used to it, and start winning on the hardest level, so that's why this game should be much better than ProEvo 4.

I am definetly looking forward to this. If it's any improvement on last years, it should be excellent.

It's a really decent game, I got it today from Game in the Trafford Centre.

Maybe not as good as Pro Evo 4, but then I thought that Pro Evo 4 wasn't as good as Pro Evo 3 when I first got it.

It's really really good.

Yeah it first I thought that as well but after a while it is better.

I got it htis morning, I left my house about 8:30 and when down there (20 minute walk) with my brother and I got Pro Evo and Warriors, I am yet to play Pro Evo cause I have to wait till my brother gets back from work (2.00) but im counting the clock down.

As I type this I hold Pro Evolution Soccer 5 in my hand.

I get my games from asda cause they have a couple of pence knocked off lol (yes i am still poor at the moment) however i was quite impressed with PES 4 and i am not a big football game fan.

I might get it after i have my driving lesson, dont know yet.

Steveo edit:

Just spent the past hour or so playing it and i agree with some statments that it's not as fast as PES4 however that isnt a bad thing. Also to answer some questions teams like Chelsea and Arsenal are lienced as well as barcalona. It's one hell of a game and also the new Online feature is two human players vs another two human players for Xbox live and also single player matches on the PS2 online feature.

Edited by Al Stevens