Plasma or LCD?

wyndorf

So, although I haven't had my Panasonic widescreen for that long (year and a half) I'm pretty keen on the next generation of television's. Not keen enough to search out all the tech details, mind. So I ask you: Which is better, Plasma or LCD? Which would you rather have? What's going to make my Xbox 360 look better? and Do you already own one?

Arn't plasma screens supposed to be heavy and costly to repair?

We have just a normal TV, but an LCD computer screen.

I've found that with the LCD screen, the quality is a lot better, and there's a lot less reflection.........It looks like your watching a DVD at the cinema.

If I had the money I personally would get rid of our normal telly and go for a nice slim LCD TV, as there a lot smaller and lighter (im thinking there lighter because my computer moniter is a lot lighter than my old moniter, although my old moniter was a lot bigger, so i could be wrong).

Im also not sure about the longitivity of an LCD screen, or the cost of repair.

All I can go in is my experiance of my computer moniter, which is a damn site better than my old normal screen thingy.

I worked for 4 years in a shop that sold all sorts of TV's, so i saw the whole transformation play out

In my opinion, the quality of LCD sucks, Plasma owns in that category. However, Plasma's have a life expectancy of, on average, 5 or 6 years. Your 360 would look sweet on a Plasma, but don't bank on it not going bust by 2010

In my opinion' date=' the quality of LCD sucks, Plasma owns in that category. However, Plasma's have a life expectancy of, on average, 5 or 6 years. Your 360 would look sweet on a Plasma, but don't bank on it not going bust by 2010[/quote']

Totally true.

Also, if you're wanting the full High Def experience out of your 360, make sure you get a TV capable of 1080i.

You may also want to read this handy little article.

My dad owns a high-end digital home shop in Basingstoke and he says LCD screens are only good for PC's; surfing the net and stuff. I wouldn't try watching a move or playing XBox on one.

I wouldn't go for a plasma either, as they are pretty dated.

All the effort is going into HDTV, so save up a few pence more and invest in one of those bad boys. :)

Cheers!

• Like 1