Biometric Cards approved in the UK

MrFill

Schiesty. That's not cool. I'm surprised that hasn't happened here in the US. Sure we have a lot of bleeding heart liberals, but there are still plenty of biggoted dumb-ass rednecks too(who are willing to give up their civil liberties out of trust for G.W.). Wow, looks like you've struck a cord with me Fill.

Ive said this before i think this is a terrible idea. I hate the thought that the goverment knows every single little thing about me. Why should i have to give them my dna, ive done nothing wrong, and shouldnt my passport be enough to prove im legitimately allowed to live here? This is a stupid idea, Charles Clarke admited it wouldnt have stopped the July bombings so this terrorism excuse is BS, and i don't see the need for it. And the fact that they're gonna be compulsory i think is the worst bit, what teh hell happened to my civil rights? I always think the same thought when these cards are mentioned, that the first step is to make them compulsory to have, the second is to make them compulsory to take with you where ever you go, and the third is to be punished if you don't. Frickin Nazi state coming through.

And no i don't have anything to hide if people think thats the reason for my opposition. I may not have anything to hide, but i don't think its ok for the goverment to know everything about me.

I think that the cards being compulsory is extremely out of order.

You should be able to chose what information the goverment holds about you.

It will also mean that these cards will have to be given free, taking more money of which could be used to advance medical research and technology, and provide better care.

If the cards weren't compulsory, they could charge a small price for them at least. You could then also choose whether or not you want government to hold information like fingerprint details about you, and you could choose whether or not you want to carry that sort of identity around with you.

Im guessing that there will also be a day that people who want to be fraudulant, will have the intelligence to copy the exact details on the cards, making you just as open to fradulant activities as we are today.

There's always the possibility there, so what is the point in spending fortunes on cards that may eventually be of no use to anyone?

I think its a great idea.. I have nothing to hide so what does it matter if they have my DNA.. it can help fight crime and the war on terrorism.

You may have nothing to hide but you wont be free. The government will know absolutely every single thing about. Everything.

it can help fight crime and the war on terrorism.

I'm just wondering how it would have helped stop the bombers who hit London.

They were British citizens, so they would have been "carded", and when the bombs went off, how would the cards have stopped them?

They would probably have been seen as "just another passenger".