Cristiano Ronaldo arrested on rape charge

Chris2K

Manchester United football star Cristiano Ronaldo has been arrested on suspicion of rape.

Scotland Yard confirmed a man in his 20s was arrested after attending a police station for a pre-arranged appointment on Thursday.

The arrest is part of an investigation into allegations of rape at a hotel in central London on 2 October. A second man attended but was not arrested.

The Manchester club said it is "not commenting at the moment".

More soon.

The rumours suggested it was him, so I'm not that shocked.

Is it just me or do a lot of footballers seem to keep being arrested for sexual offences? They obviously think they're something amazing and can have whatever they want. Good on her for reporting it i say, im sure a lot of people wouldve been too scared to do so.

I always have some scepticism when it comes to these events. Dont get me wrong, many are probably true and the guys should be sent down. But i am always a bit wary as a famous person is an easy target, and if a false allegation is made it can get through the press and everywhere else, effectively convicting them before anything else happens. As i said, i dont know if the guy is innocent or guilty, but us and the media should give him a fair trial before jumping to any conclusions.

With his father dpassing away and this no wonder he's been playing bad, Just look at last night having heated words with team mates, Walking away when Fergies number 2 was talking to him, United should rest him let him try and get over his father abit more not just one game, And let this matter finish before playing him again, It could do him some good

Isn't it a bit harsh on the woman that the assumption is that shes only doing it because hes a famous footballer? The allegation woulve been thoroghly investigated and he would only have been arrested if the evidence was there.

Its a shame people have these attitudes.

Isn't it a bit harsh on the woman that the assumption is that shes only doing it because hes a famous footballer? The allegation woulve been thoroghly investigated and he would only have been arrested if the evidence was there.

:( I did say if he did do it the club should sack him and he should be sent down, But as a support of United i hope he didnt do it

Is it just me or do a lot of footballers seem to keep being arrested for sexual offences? They obviously think they're something amazing and can have whatever they want. Good on her for reporting it i say' date=' im sure a lot of people wouldve been too scared to do so.[/quote']

It's not just you, a lot of footballers keep getting arrested on suspicion of rape, not too may get convicted of it though.

What was she doing in his hotel room in the first place?

IMO as Tgo has already said; If he's guilty - sack him and he'll pay the concequences with a global ban.

Although my general assumption is that this is just another money scrounging incident.

No offense but basically ANYBODY nowadays seems to be able to accuse famous personel of indecent behavior (mostly incases were they only just by luck happened to be in the same restaurant as him/her or see him on the street one day).

I'm not trying to say he's 100% not guilty but why somebody like Cristiano would have to sink so low when he's practically got the world evolving around him.

My first thoughts? Another tramp looking for some doh

It's not just you, a lot of footballers keep getting arrested on suspicion of rape, not too may get convicted of it though.

What was she doing in his hotel room in the first place?

Well in defence of the women there you can go to someones room as a friend there is no need for Sex to be on the menu.

You never know, C-Ronaldo may have raped her, but I doubt it.

People become cynical because crying rape against a celebrity is one of the easiest ways to get money. Maybe not damages, but hush money.

Now whether this hush money is because a celeb actually did rape her, or that he just doesn't want his name to be dragged through the mud, therefore giving the woman money just to maintain his privacy and career.

The worst example of this was when those 3 German *****s accused 3 Leicester players of raping them in Malaga. They went to the press, they baited the men and then they were thrown out of court.

The real losers in all of this are genuine rape victims. Yes, it's a shame we have these attitudes towards women crying rape against a celebrity but they're almost always lies.

Back on topic, I hope he didn't do it, I don't believe he did, but if he did, I hope he fries.

Cheers!

Is it just me or do a lot of footballers seem to keep being arrested for sexual offences? They obviously think they're something amazing and can have whatever they want.

silly little slapper girls accuse Footballers of sexualy asautling them because they know Footballers get loads of money so they can get loads of money out of them.

silly little slapper girls accuse Footballers of sexualy asautling them because they know Footballers get loads of money so they can get loads of money out of them.

Yeah some are, but im pretty sure that there are many more that are genuine. Being blind to the fact that this probably is genuine isnt gonna make it go away, and trying to put the blame on the woman for a man not keeping his penis under control is a terrible thing to do.

Footballers arent Gods they're just ordinary men, but the problem is the nature of the game elevates them and they will start believing they are somthing beyond ordinary and can do whatever they want. Im not saying all are arrogant ********s, but im fairly sure there are a lot of players out there who think that rules don't apply to them, its the same for any public figure id imagine, the God complex.

And as for the point about how they could have anyone they want? Same coul be said for an awful lot of serial rapists - Ted Bundy for one who never had a prblem finding a girlfriend but was still a necrophiliac who raped and murdered. Just cos they're good looking doesn't mean that a girl wont say no - but as i say, im sure many will think that no means no only when its not applied to them.

Edited by Popsi