World champions that never deserved to be?

pinmepayme

The title says it all really.

I thought i'd start this thread off after chaos kid's thread about wrestlers who deserved to be world champion but never were.

So who do you think were/are world champions that never deserved to be any where near there or maybe you just didn't like the guy. :lol

My pick is Jeff Jarret in WCW.

The guy is a mid-carder, always has, always will be in my eyes and when he jumped ship from the then WWF and follow his buddy Vince Russo to Atalanta he was promised a push but i didn't think they would they world title on him, hold on i forgot ... this was Russo's time in charge of WCW during which time he also put the belt on himself :roll and actor David Arguette. :help

I'm sure they are two 'champions' who will get a mention but i didn't want to go for the obvious. :D

So, what do you guys think?

pinmepayme.

Firstly, Jeff Jarrett deserved a push compared to people like Cena and JBL.

JBL now i can see deserved it because he is one of the most over superstars on Smackdown.

Now who doesn't deserve it.

Vince McMahon, even though everyone knew he would have it at sometime.

Vince Russo, no explanation needed.

David Arquette, even though it did include a good storyline and a good triple cage match in my opinion.

John Cena, it has just gone past the point now of acceptable and to ignore and based on Raw this week even some U.S. fans are going off him now.

I don't really think Eddie Guerrero deserved it because like JBL they only used him to push more guys for a main event push because they didn't have any, but i still haven't seen him worthwhile, definately when he has better matches at midcard with Rey Mysterio and hopefully Benoit soon for the U.S. Title.

JBL - No idea where in the hell that push came from. Not saying he didn't do well with it but really why did he get it in the first place:S

As for those who said John Cena - (coming from somone who don't like his character) He definately deserved the title, one of the most charasmatic and over guys on the roster, just like Orton plays a much better heel IMO

in my opinion the wrestlers who were World Champion but never deserved it are as follows : -

David Arquette - I know alot of people have mentioned this guy already, but what on earth were WCW thinking?

Ron Garvin - Another puzzle, how did this average wrestler become a world champion

Sgt Slaughter - A wrestler well past his prime, and possible the worst WWF champion in history

Mikey Whipwreck - A ECW favourite underdog wins the big one, but in a basically a hardcore federation, where Raven, Sandman, Foley and Funk were around in the group, Mikey seem out of place as ECW World champion

Justin Credible - WWF's Aldo Montoya a long time job boy, never did anything in his two WWF/WWE runs but it ECW he wins the World Title is there something wrong with that picture.

How on earth can you say that' date=' Sgt Slaughter, was a good seven or eight years past his prime, if you think i am wrong check out his matches in the WWF in the early 80's[/quote']

Sgt Slaughter has had a few matches in 2003-04-05 right, which he shouldnt really be having because he's past his prime, but when he won the title at the 91 Royal Rumble i believe, he definatly wasnt way past his prime, he may of been getting there, but he wasnt past it.

Sgt Slaughter has had a few matches in 2003-04-05 right' date=' which he shouldnt really be having because he's past his prime, but when he won the title at the 91 Royal Rumble i believe, he definatly wasnt way past his prime, he may of been getting there, but he wasnt past it.[/quote']

If i remember right Sgt Slaughter defeated Ultimate Warrior on the night in question, but the victory was mainly due to Randy Savage's interference and not the Sgt Slaughter's ability

you dont win matches by ability, its what the bookers think, obviously having Sgt win the WWE title in a questionable way would get him a good heel reaction, anyway nothing nowdays is down to wrestling ability, if you dont belive me look at the WWE champion now, he cant wrestle to save his life.

you dont win matches by ability' date=' its what the bookers think, obviously having Sgt win the WWE title in a questionable way would get him a good heel reaction, anyway nothing nowdays is down to wrestling ability, if you dont belive me look at the WWE champion now, he cant wrestle to save his life.[/quote']

The trouble with that statememt is that Sgt Slaughter did not get a good heel reaction, people just did not believe in him at the time, as a heel he was not all that.

The trouble with that statememt is that Sgt Slaughter did not get a good heel reaction' date=' people just did not believe in him at the time, as a heel he was not all that.[/quote']

You're right with that one.

The Sarge was SO un-over, they had to move WrestleMania 7 from a 70'000 seat arena to a 20'000 seat arena, and even then, whilst headling with the biggest draw of all time, the building still didn't sell out. Mind you, Vince was being a little optimistic even dreaming Sgt Slaughter could fill 70'000 seats.

I may have misunderstood you here Wyndorf, so feel free to ignore this.

Anyway, I thought they changed arenas because of the threat of a sniper, because Slaughter was so hated? I'm sure I read that somwhere, probably in PowerSlam, but I'm not sure how much truth is in it.

I'm sure he wasn't such a bad Champion, that they would of sold 50,000 less seats surely?

I may have misunderstood you here Wyndorf, so feel free to ignore this.

Anyway, I thought they changed arenas because of the threat of a sniper, because Slaughter was so hated? I'm sure I read that somwhere, probably in PowerSlam, but I'm not sure how much truth is in it.

I'm sure he wasn't such a bad Champion, that they would of sold 50,000 less seats surely?

I know the story. Let me put it this way.

You're Vince McMahon, the biggest show of the year is coming up in like 3 weeks, you've booked a 70'000 seat arena and have sold 10'000 tickets. Do you a) Tell the truth, and admit Sgt Slaughter vs Hulk Hogan can't draw 70'000 people? or b) Make up a lie?

I believe even after giving tickets away it still only pulled 17'000 people.