Scott Parker for England?

Hoffmeister

Should Scott Parker be included in the England squad?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scott Parker be included in the England squad?

• Yes
    • No

I have been wanting a holding midfielder for England for ages and finally Sven is going to use one (fingers crossed). I think Scott Parker is the best holding midfielder in the premiership bar Claude Makelele. I am a Sunderland supporter and I admit he is brilliant. He should definitely be in the England squad along with Danny Murphy too.

Does anyone else rate Scott Parker?

Basically ive seen him have some good games for Charlton (big deal there rubbish) and do you ever watch him for Newcaslte??hes also supposed to start up attacks' date='i have watched him on numerous occasions when there wasnt an opponent near him and he just hoofs the ball back to given.....[/quote']

I watch Newcastle very often and hes been there best player so far. He is very good and kept the entire midfield of Man Utd at bay when they played newcastle, he even stopped Rooneys runs into the box. The only reason Man Utd won was because of Boumsongs two errors.

Also Graeme Souness says he is one of the best he has ever played or worked with, and Souness has been with Dalglish and many more greats.

I voted No, but it's not because I don't think he's a good player, I just think there are better out there.

I think Carrick has worked well alongside Davids and the same can be said for Jenas.

Ledley King is my favourite for the holding role in midfield. He's a good passer, a great tackler and has a good reading of the game.

I think the real question is this:

Who does Sven Drop - Gerrard or Lampard?

Because In my opinion, you can't play both together because their games are pretty similar.

Drop Gerrard because at the end of the day Stevie is a good player but at Liverpool who are underperforming he looks a lot better then he is, Where Frankie is just class with class players around him

PS i support Manchester United and im saying Chelsea have the best team, The team should be done around Lampard NOT David Beckham, SPW is better then Becks

Oh and i voted no because there are loads of better players

Alan Smith

Ledley King

even Phil Neville lol

Or even Rio Ferdinand good passer, can tackle, And good running with the ball

I rate him as a decent midfielder, he was before he went to Chelscum. But there he seemed to just lose something. At Newcastle he has showed signs of his former self, but needs more time before he could be considered for a starting england spot. Michael Carrick though i am a fan of, and i rate him highly, albeit that he can be a tad inconsistent.

Phil Neville has excelled at Everton this year and if he had better players around him the club wouldn't be in the position they are now.

I would pick Neville ahead of Parker, simply because Neville has more experience, looks more comfortable on the ball and is a better tackler and more likely to get stuck in.

HAHA. Sorry if you think P Dot Neville is a good footballer you need to watch more of the sport:P

Neither of the Nevilles are good and the only Readon G Dot is in the England team is because they actually on't have a right back to challenge him for the position with the recent exception of Luke Young.

Phil Neville has excelled at Everton this year and if he had better players around him the club wouldn't be in the position they are now.

I would pick Neville ahead of Parker, simply because Neville has more experience, looks more comfortable on the ball and is a better tackler and more likely to get stuck in.

Have you seen Parker get stuck in? Neville doesnt come close in the tenacity department, Neville has more experience than him but Parker is better than Neville in every other area.