The results thread...

Evil Gringo

fantastic night for English football, but more importantly fantastic night for Chelsea!

we were against the odds from the start and Valencia going 1-0 up just worsened the odds but we proved what fighters we are with one of the best second half performances i've ever seen, we stifled Valencia and controlled everything, we would have been further in the lead if it wasn't for a Banks-esque save from Canisarez

Well done Sheva to pop up at the right place and fantastic Essien, such a powerful drive, and Joe Cole changed that game when he came on, he along with Mikel were phenomenal

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note, cracker from Essien just saved the Chelski backsides...

not really, we were controlling the game, he hardly saved our backsides because in all likelyhood we would have won it in extra time, they were tiring and had one sub left, we were fresh and attacknig with 2 subs left, but i'm not complaining :D

By the way..Mourinho was quoted as saying he'd prefer 'United to go all the way in the CL as it would stretch out their squad'.

but..

..erm our squad is better than Chelseas'! And has been all season!

And is Jose pulling out of FA Cup of something?! He'll be playing the same games as us!

I like Jose, but some of his theorys go over my head.

could say the same about Ferguson

complaining about the Spurs fixture favouring Chelsea, despite the fixture list favourinf United in the run in, despite that being the ONLY game Chelea have played before United and despite that United have extreme luck with the Chelsea vs United game being moved back

but then again all managers say rubbish most of the time, i have a book on it

How could you like him?? I hate him with a passion and I had forgotten why until I turned on ITV with Terry getting an interview then Mourinho came over screaming and cheering.

What a win by Utd thats easily the best Ive seen Ronaldo play for Utd. Great to see Smithy get a goal and Fletchers workrate was immense...bigtime!!

Nevermind Ronaldo! Giggs put in a 10-Star performance!

I dunno, I think Mourinho is a great character and has a great love for the game. Although I am one of his critics when it comes to tactics and things of that nature; he's a bit overrated and as I've said before, owes alot to a Tim Howard mistake!

Fantastic night for United. It's european nights like these that make you proud to be a united supporter. Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs ran rings around Roma tonight. Hopefully we will get Bayern in the semis. We are guranteed a english team in the final now if the pool finish the job tomorrow. Hopefully with Smith back now we can play like tonight for the rest of the season....top notch from united...well pleased!!

How could Giggs play so bad against Pompey then do so well tonight the mind baffles sometimes!! By the way Scholes will be back for the semi-finals and if he gets a yellow card he will be banned from the 2nd leg.Im just hoping and praying Utd play like the way they did tonight more often this season and not the rubbish performance they put in against Pompey.

Have to give credit to Chelsea I honestly thought they Valencia would be able to shut them out.

Have to say, I thought Manchester United looked ridiculous tonight. If they play like that in the remainder of the season then they have a real shout at winning the Treble.

I only seen the highlights of the United game because I watched Chelsea and I thought they were brilliant as well. It's going to be an exciting end to the season and it's really hard to pick between Chelsea and Man United for the major honours.

I'm still beaming; I can't actually believe how awesome we were. I also believe it's the highest amount of goals over two legs in the knockout stage of the CL/EC in nearly 50 years..

That's how you sort out them dirty Italians! Thump them for SEVEN! :D

By the way after watching the match again I noticed that, a good part of the edgyness that the Roma defence gained (ultimately helping us to score three in 7 minutes) , was because of the fact Alan Smith was putting the fear of God into them by giving them approximatley 0.006 milliseconds on the ball..GET IN THERE SMUDGER!

Edited by JC

There was a few minor injuries, thats what they we're reporting on Sky Sports News. The worst probably being the photo I posted earlier...

But anyway, Bayern Munich vs. AC Milan should be a good match tonight, whereas I'm expecting Liverpool vs. PSV to be a drab 1 - 0.

{EDIT}

Owen back with a goal as Gretna game is runaway success

It was a far cry from that famous heart-pounding moment against Argentina, or his hat-trick in Germany, but Michael Owen scored one of the most pivotal goals of his career yesterday. The venue was Newcastle United’s training ground and the opposition was provided by Gretna, but after a ten-month absence through injury, the centre forward did not care one jot.

Having undergone surgery in the United States to repair the anterior cruciate ligament damage he suffered during England’s match against Sweden in the World Cup finals last June, having expended litres of sweat and hours of frustration in the gym, Owen has almost completed his rehabilitation. He played for 75 minutes against Newcastle’s Scottish opponents behind closed doors, apparently suffering no ill-effects.

His goal, in a 4-1 victory, was described by observers as a dipping shot on the run, struck from a distance of more than 20 yards; Newcastle supporters will be drooling. He also turned provider for Shola Ameobi — whose return from a long-term hip complaint is also well ahead of schedule — who snapped up the rebound when another Owen effort was repelled.

While Glenn Roeder, the manager, has consistently refused to put a timescale on Owen’s recuperation — announcing on Monday that plans to field him in a reserve-team match this week had been shelved — the 27-year-old remains on course to play some part in Newcastle’s home match against Chelsea on April 22. He is unlikely to be considered for this weekend’s match away to Portsmouth.

Edited by Moobs

Although it seems alot of Utd fans want to get Milan in the semi's I would rather have Bayern as I think it wil be harder to beat Milan and the last time we played them we could barely move...

Point taken but that side was completely different.

Keane was basically done, Giggs out of form, Rooney too young, Ronaldo ditto and Roy Carroll in nets..

I think we could beat Milan if we play to half the performance of last night.

What a brilliant night. Amazing performance and every one of the players can be proud of themselves. I predicted that we would only scrape through, but to score SEVEN against a team like that is special.

I won't get too ahead of myself though. I think that we'll play Bayern in the next round, not an easy place to go and it'll be a tough test. I'd still make us favourites, but the last few years have taught me not to be too confident.

I'm still wary of the 'T word', we've still got a tense end to the league and two semi finals to navigate. I do think that we could be on the verge of something special though, it's just I really hope we can complete the job.

Point taken but that side was completely different.

Keane was basically done, Giggs out of form, Rooney too young, Ronaldo ditto and Roy Carroll in nets..

I think we could beat Milan if we play to half the performance of last night.

Indeed it was a different team but for all we know the shambles of a Utd team which turned up against Pompey could turn up in the semi's but here's hoping they will have the same great attitude as they had lastnight because if Utd do I'd say they could take out most teams.

I'd still rather have Bayern though...

As a Milan supporter I am not really very confident about the prospect of United in the semis...Ronaldo and Rooney for them are their 2 massive game winners much like Pirlo and Kaka so it would be a very tight game but they are a well oiled machine where as our defence frequently goes missing and this season has been riddled with injuries.

They also score at will whereas for periods this season we couldnt hit a barn door. Will be a good game but I expect United to go all the way to the final unfortunately

And Slick "dirty Italians! " :evil :evil :evil not cool man I know you were on a high after the victory but still not cool at all :evil :evil