Hair!

Gemsi

Ok i was gonna post this in the picture thread, but then realised it was the picture thread spiriling(sp) off topic again, not a hair do thread. So i figured i'd make a hair thread.

I wanna know how you can get pink streaks into my hair without paying a fortue for the hairdressers, or re-dying it everyweek, because then all my hair would end up pink, but i just want pink streaks.

I have dark hair, and have been told the only way would be bleaching for 2 weeks first, but bleach doesn't take to my hair well.

Any tips????????

Fletch???????

anyone???

Well My hair is very dark anyway. But im having it layered black underneath. And then the rest is getting done blonde. But its not staying blonde. Once the blondes worked through my hair Im then dying it red.

Thats my advice, if your dark haired, go lighter first

I wouldnt even go with bleach, as your hair will become incredibly weak and crappy.

Go with blonde highlights, leave them a few weeks,then apply a pink. Either way, its going to grow out.

Only other solution is getting synthetic pieces of pink hair glued into your existing colour.

I got my hair coloured pink and blue last year. 2 years ago I bleached highlights blonde. Then I did it again last year to even it out really, because I have long hair. So after I had a load of highlights done, I then went to a hairdressers who coloured it pink and blue. It looked amazing and lasted quite a while too.

Well i have blonde streaks and it hasnt damaged my hair, but it is better to bleach it then colour it (thats what i did when i did my hair bright red!) If you bleach your hair first it is gonna be easy to keep putting the pink over it when the pink starts to fade!

I used to have pink/blonde hair when i was 13/14,

I'd suggest getting pink streaks weaved into your hair,getting hair glued in looks awful after a few days and goes all matty.

If you dont mind dying it however dye blonde streaks underneath the crown(this may need some help doing),then use la riche hair colour,if you want shockingly pink then go for 'flamingo pink',it lasts for weeks and the colours are really really bright.

http://www.lariche-directions.com/

I had pink and black hair once :D I dye my hair black and felt like having pink in it, I bleached peices over a few days to strip out the color as much as I could, I got it to a orange/lightbrown color then applied a pink dye, Which is actually a color for dark hair, Its meant to be able to dye dark hair funky colors, But I went with bleaching aswell so I was making sure the pink would cover and it did! Its a dye called "Smart" it comes in different funky colors too!

One upon a time i bleached my hair, i was 14 i think. It was quite shocking, as you really needed sunglasses to even look my way due to the brightness. My hair was always going to fall out anyway due to father and grandfather being bald, but bleaching my hair is speeding it along, and the hairline is receeding. Its not the greatest idea thats for sure.