Batista's push

Kanenite

What are all of your oppinions on the push of Batista at midyear of 2004 nobody would have guessed that he would be facing HHH in the main event of Wrestlemania. At one time he was seen as the underdog of Evolution, the bottom draw, the guy in search of a championship but would never get it. Now as we near wrestlemania 21 he is going to headline the event against his former Evolution partner, HHH. IMO I think that Batista should go on to win the title from HHH

i never thought batista would be in this position.it was always suppose to be orton vs triple h but since orton is acting immature and he's been getting booed during events batista took over being 1 of the top faces now.i'm frankly glad he is now since he is better than orton is.i hope he does win it at wm.

Well Batista is definitely over with the fans as is obvious from recent Raw's. His character is being built in a fantastic way that makes me mark to his music! I love his "suit" persona and how it compares to his "wrestling" persona in terms of him wrestling as the monster and walking into an arena as the "ultimate cool guy"

batista push is a combination of things

1 orton- wwe was banking on him but he couldn't cut it, the fans didn't react to him because he's upper class, the most popular faces have always been regular joes(austin, hogan, foley,) and that isn't what orton has been portrayed as. i like the re-emergence of the legend killer storyline. this will set-up orton-batista as beating hhh at wrestlemania will make batista a legend.

2 age- batista is already 36 years old, and his stamina isn't great, he's so tired after matches he looks ready to collapse and as champ he'll be expected to wrestle longer, better matches with top notch opponents. luckily his competition will be smaller than him and can do most of the work (benoit,jericho,orton)

3 he's the only option- HHH has already squashed the other high level faces, the only person he hasn't main evented a ppv with is shelton benjamin and he's nowhere near ready

^^ i agree with point 3

to me batistas evolution has been way to fast i mean one day triple h's big bitch to fighting him at mania i do hope he wins and i hjope he goes onto to feud with a guy like taker, kane or orton he defo has the talent unlike some big guys who come and go hes awesome i love watching his moves and his intro he suits his character and he has the cool guy look

i think hes overrated, cant believe hes 36 hes still the poor mans brock.remember when he first came in to wwe he was reverand d-vons lacky so to speak and now hes gonna main event bloody wrestlemania.i thought last years wrestlemania was terrible the only match i liked was the main event but im looking forward to the 6 man ladder match, the angle v micheals and orton v taker.not really digging the main event though

i think hes overrated' date=' cant believe hes 36 hes still the poor mans brock.remember when he first came in to wwe he was reverand d-vons lacky so to speak and now hes gonna main event bloody wrestlemania.i thought last years wrestlemania was terrible the only match i liked was the main event but im looking forward to the 6 man ladder match, the angle v micheals and orton v taker.not really digging the main event though[/quote']

Batista is overrated? I dont think so. Hes just as gifted as Brock Lesner was. Not to mention what does his age have to do with anything? Hes in better shape than HHH. I think he truly deserves to be fighting for the world title against HHH. Not to mention we all remember that Batista used to back up D-von on Smackdown. Look at what HHH used to do when he first came into the WWE. He dressed up like Icabod Crane and gave courtesy to the audience after each match. Lets not go there.

Plus I do believe that if Shelton Benjamin was given the chance he would indeed give a good showing in a World title match. Each match he was in with HHH he looked great. I just love how some of you ass-clowns talk about how you dont think hes ready to wrestle in a main event.

Indeed the ladder match should be a great match. HBK and Angle will most likely be the match of the entire PPV. Once Batista and Cena win the World and WWE titles the only thing left is for both of them to have long lengthy reigns. For at least 8 months to a year.

I seriously think that even if Batisita does get the title from HHH then he won't have a reign that lasts a year or even 8 months....

Benoit's only lasted what 5 months? Then Orton's lasted all of a month? And since then its been the HHH show again. At least he's had quite a few quality challengers with the likes of Edge, Orton, Jericho, Michaels, Benoit and such around and the Elimantion Chamber match....

But the fact is the only reason HHH's reign will have served any purposae would be if he put over someone for the title at Mania, thats what he was given it for and thats what the builds been for. If Batista doesn't win it harms Raw and the title and means that yet again their is no realy challenger for the title bar the winner of the ladder match.

For me Kane wouldn't cut it, HHH defeated him so many times over the 2003-04 period there would be no point. Christain wouldn't be bought without major build, Edge much the same and after his recent conduct doesn't deserve a shot. Only Jericho, Benoit and Shelton due top their record against HHH and pervious storylines would be viable and even then I think only Jericho would be considered for a title run against him.

Raw needs Dave to win for a fresh and exciting few months of title matches, plus he is super over at the moment, even I a harsh critic of the man mark out for the spinebuster and the bomb such is his exicution of them....

As for Smackdown and Cena? The man is the one getting the fans into the show at the moment and I think he'd help the show out as champion... Imagine him versus Eddie in a fued for the title, fans would love that! Also his matches with Angle are generally good and failing that a Raw star moving to Smackdown would also help matters. Someone like say Matt Hardy? Edge? Could happen with the recent devolpments backstage....

Plus I do believe that if Shelton Benjamin was given the chance he would indeed give a good showing in a World title match. Each match he was in with HHH he looked great. I just love how some of you ass-clowns talk about how you dont think hes ready to wrestle in a main event.

Once Batista and Cena win the World and WWE titles the only thing left is for both of them to have long lengthy reigns. For at least 8 months to a year.

8 months to a year,be nice to see that but i doubt that.if he does win i can see him with the title for around 4 months then lose it then get it back couple months later.

shelton i think would do good.his matches are great and the times when he wrestled triple h they were always good matches.plus he beat him twice on back to back raws.

They do it just depends on circumstance.... Benoits was a credible run, and it helped that HHH actually put him over properly at Mania and also tapped to him quite a bit in the Ironman match too.... As much as I dislike HHH he did the right thing for the title, Raw and Benoit in doing that...

The only person who has been hurt has been Orton, but that isn't just HHH's fault, its also creatives idea to turn him face straight away with a dull ass personna and also his own in that outside of the Benoit win when was the last good Orton match? I mean truely good rather then average with alot of chinlocking?

If Batista's 1st run as champ is a very short one like Benoit's was the WWE is going to lose alot more fans as well as ratings. Since rumors are flying that Randy Orton will be going to Smackdown after Mania that basically puts even more value as well as weight on the WWE's shoulders to have Batista carry the banner for awhile. The spotlight has been on HHH for far too long. Its time for new blood and new challenges for the World title.

Batista deserves to have a monster push and a monster title reign to go right along with it. Plain and simple.