Hassan v Hogan?

poland74

For the last few weeks there's been some rumours or hopes that Hulk Hogan would face Mohammed Hassan at WM 21. From what Hassan was saying on Raw this past week, he certainly wants a match at WM and was pushing Eric Bischoff for one, with no other obvious opponent now available from the RAW side, it does look like the option of having Hogan facing Hassan is being left open, maybe as a last minute added match?

Perfect character-revolved matchup right here. We know if it did happen that techincally it won't be awesome, but Hogan has proven against the Warrior and The Rock, that fans dont just mark out for the wrestling. The potential build up could make this one of the most anticipated matches on the card

I just wanna hear "Real American" at Mania one last time! :D

I seriously doubt we'll see Hogan in a match at 'Mania' date=' especially with him being in the hall of fame thing aswell[/quote']

Him being in the HoF is the perfect reason for him to be involved in a match at WM21. Last year, all the inductees were introduced to the crowd, this year if they do that, Hassans music can start and he can challenge Hogan right then and there. Hogan can accept and then beat him in a squash as I'm sure thats what will happen.

if that does happen mark then they may have hogan job to hassan to build up more heat for hassan.which would be good for his character.but then it suck to see hogan lose on possibility on his last wm match ever.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Hogan's knees are in such bad shape that he's not even able to drop the leg.

I think a stunner during Piper's Pit is more likely.

He has had new knees and a new hip put in about a year or more ago, so he is fine, movement wise, according to Jimmy Hart.

As for Hogan taking the Stunner on Pipers Pit, thats unlikely. The HOF is Hogans night, and this will very probably be his last WM appearance, they wont be sending him out sprawled on the mat from a Stone Cold Stunner, thats for sure. And if they did suggest that to Hogan, I have no doubts he would veto it, and rightfully so.

if that does happen mark then they may have hogan job to hassan to build up more heat for hassan.which would be good for his character.but then it suck to see hogan lose on possibility on his last wm match ever.

Well, in a perfect world, Hogan should put Hassan over, its only right, BUT with this being probably Hogans final WM appearance, he deserves to be sent out on a win. They could have him come out on RAW the next night and get beat down by Hassan or something so he could get his heat back.

I would like to see Hulk Hogan one last time at Mainia.

and actualy I would like to see him beat Hassan.

It would kind of be a fitting way to end his WWF/E Carear.

It started (at least his most popular run did) with him beating the Iron Shiek, it would be good to see him finish with deffeding the Good old US of A one last time.

they've been hyping piper's pit as "being filled with combustible elements" and whats more combustible than an anti-american and stonecold? anybody remember what ausin did to the unamericans when he was raw gm? Hassan has been talkin bout patriotism blinding the average american as to whats going on, who's more patriotic and represents the average american more than Stone cold? That's what his whole appeal was based on and one of the reasons wwe is as popular as it is today? if you think about it wwe owes itself to patriotism because it's biggest surges came on the backs of patriotic babyfaces in the form of both hogan and austin

Well' date=' in a perfect world, Hogan should put Hassan over, its only right, BUT with this being probably Hogans final WM appearance, he deserves to be sent out on a win. They could have him come out on RAW the next night and get beat down by Hassan or something so he could get his heat back.[/quote']

if it even is his last wm he should go out on top,and not lose just to put hassan over,if that match would even happen.but if that match does happen and hogan wins it could do hassan good if hogan makes a surprise appearence and says by to the wwe fans and then hassan would come out.

Im disapointed we will probably never see Hogan vs Austin. that would of been the perfect WM21 match, but with both injured it probably wont happen.

That match would beat Hogan vs Andre, Hogan vs The Rock, and Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior, which IMO are probably the 3 best matches in WWE, WWF ever.

Hogan vs Hassan will be good though.

hogan vs austin wouldn't make a good match.they had no confrontations back when they were wrestling,no fueds with each other.that wouldn't make a good match at all specially since they both be faces.

Let us pray this match would never happen.Nobody is feeling Hassan. Hes a joke. Everybody knows hes a joke. And the only reason that he catches any kind of heat is because of the war in Iraq continues to keep people ansy. And all Hassan has to do is insult those people and play into the Iraqi stereotype and boom instant heel status. Nothing new nor anything impressive about this guy. Why the WWE has their vets laying down for this guys is beyond me.

If Hogan does come back to fight this guy and is forced to job to him they might as well put the Iraqi flag in front of the Red,white,and blue flag of ours. I mean what message does that send that we have a character like this on our soil being more successful than the Red-blooded american males thats been busting their asses in the WWE for alot longer? I dont think Vince has a clue anymore. If he ever had one. :roll

hogan vs austin wouldn't make a good match.they had no confrontations back when they were wrestling' date='no fueds with each other.that wouldn't make a good match at all specially since they both be faces.[/quote']That's not true. Austin and Hogan have had severel confrontations before. The first one was at No Way Out, when the nWo offered beer to Austin, and then later in the night cost him his title match with Jericho (Im trying to forget Scott Hall's Stunner). They also had numerous another confrontations during the nWo era, heck they were even involved in the same match once - Austin and Rock vs. the nWo (Hogan, Hall and Nash) on the Raw before WMX8. Anyway, if they had Austin vs Hogan at WM none of that would be brought anyway.

I would like to see the match but i doubt it would happen, Hogan vs Hassan is far more likely.

Let us pray this match would never happen.Nobody is feeling Hassan. Hes a joke. Everybody knows hes a joke. And the only reason that he catches any kind of heat is because of the war in Iraq continues to keep people ansy. And all Hassan has to do is insult those people and play into the Iraqi stereotype and boom instant heel status. Nothing new nor anything impressive about this guy. Why the WWE has their vets laying down for this guys is beyond me.

If Hogan does come back to fight this guy and is forced to job to him they might as well put the Iraqi flag in front of the Red,white,and blue flag of ours. I mean what message does that send that we have a character like this on our soil being more successful than the Red-blooded american males thats been busting their asses in the WWE for alot longer? I dont think Vince has a clue anymore. If he ever had one. :roll

Franchise, I like you bro, you're one of my favourite posters, but I gotta say I disagree. The reaction you are having, as an American, angry over how this Arab guy can go over a red-blooded American proves the guy is a heat magnet and his gimmick is working.

Hassan is American, thats his point. He isnt Iraqi or Arab, he is a red-blooded American just like Hogan or you. Going over Hogan is make people hate him that much more and (in theory) will make people want to pay to come and see him get his ass kicked, which will not happen for AGES.

On a side note, does anybody else think its hillrious when they show signs in the crowd at RAW in the USA which says "Go Home Hassan"? LOL Ummm, where do you want him to go? Three States over? He IS HOME! He is American, thats the whole point!!! :lol

I'm just waiting for him, when the crowd are all chanting "USA USA USA" (which, by the way, is THE most annoying chant EVER in wrestling) to say "Why are you chanting USA at me? I AM AMERICAN!!!" :lol

Hassan = :worship

Franchise, I like you bro, you're one of my favourite posters, but I gotta say I disagree. The reaction you are having, as an American, angry over how this Arab guy can go over a red-blooded American proves the guy is a heat magnet and his gimmick is working.

Hassan is American, thats his point. He isnt Iraqi or Arab, he is a red-blooded American just like Hogan or you. Going over Hogan is make people hate him that much more and (in theory) will make people want to pay to come and see him get his ass kicked, which will not happen for AGES.

On a side note, does anybody else think its hillrious when they show signs in the crowd at RAW in the USA which says "Go Home Hassan"? LOL Ummm, where do you want him to go? Three States over? He IS HOME! He is American, thats the whole point!!! :lol

I'm just waiting for him, when the crowd are all chanting "USA USA USA" (which, by the way, is THE most annoying chant EVER in wrestling) to say "Why are you chanting USA at me? I AM AMERICAN!!!" :lol

Hassan = :worship

Same here WWFBeltMark. You're one of the few that I truly respect around here.Mainly because you tell it like it is. I really dont hate the guy. I just dont like the fact that they are letting this guy get over on vets like Jericho and Benoit. To me it makes no sense.

If the guy was truly a wrestling god inside the ring I would like him regardless if he was a heel or not. But IMO he isnt as talented in the ring like The Iron Shiek or any of the past anti-american characters thats graced the WWE over the years. But I guess in time we'll see just how"over" this guy will be.

I know that Hasaan is really a regular american with a good tan. I'm just basing my beliefs on what I've seen from characters like this in wrestling. Getting a win over Hogan to me wouldnt be truly a stroke of heat genious. Having him win over somebody like Kurt Angle or Shelton Benjamin I think would be more belivable. A guy like this beating a 50 year old Hogan just doesnt do it for me.

In a way i agree Franchy, but at the end of the day Benoit and Jericho are perfect for putting over new stars, Benoit can make anything look good in the ring, hell he even got a half decent match out of A Train (shame A Train tried to injure him for his troubles). Benoit is fully aware that he has had his day in the sun so having him put over new talent is a good idea.

Jericho i agree needs a bigger push, but again he is a consistent performer and can carry people to good matches.

At the end of the day, no Hassan isn't a technical wrestling god, but then again neither was Hogan, Warrior, Slaughter and many other men that have held the world title. if Hassan can generate this much heat then think what a feud he and Batista could have for example, sure the matches wouldn't be pretty but they would have the intensity that casual fans mark out for.